Sign in to follow this  
Törni

T-55 pack status

Sigma has shown green light for using OFP T-55 parts in the ArmA model. So first release is within few days. smile_o.gif

This is great news indeed! For various (Iraq etc.) T-55 variants too.

huh.gif Old OFP texture?? eh, blééé.. I have beter texture, i create too T55.. whistle.gif

t55_1.jpg

Shameless thread hijacking ^^

But hey, at least it looks ver good petrtlach smile_o.gif

Since it is a port...I hope we dont see anything OFP'ish remaininng as far as textures. As a WIP its fine but not final.

Even normal maps cant save low res bad OFP textures crazy_o.gif

Looks ok, but after seing a a lot of T-55 pics and drawings there are several thing that are not as in Soviet the original versions. But many games have made t-55s and none of them seem all the way ok. If such a vehicle can even be made.

Last meters of this T-55 pack are pain as expected. Always something little more to do. One way to speed up the work is that I release vanilla T-55 first and T-55M after few days.

We had lots of fun also with static AA-guns during last games.

But that is a different story. The pack will be updated as the time goes by. A new version of M60A3 will also be made available at the time of the release.

So no vapormod. Working hard or hardly working...

Looks ok, but after seing a a lot of T-55 pics and drawings there are several thing that are not as in Soviet the original versions. But many games have made t-55s and none of them seem all the way ok. If such a vehicle can even be made.

Last meters of this T-55 pack are pain as expected. Always something little more to do. One way to speed up the work is that I release vanilla T-55 first and T-55M after few days.

We had lots of fun also with static AA-guns during last games.

But that is a different story. The pack will be updated as the time goes by. A new version of M60A3 will also be made available at the time of the release.

So no vapormod. Working hard or hardly working...

I hope you make North korean ver. tounge2.gif

but, real NK tank's T-62

T-62_1.jpg

I really hope to see that baby soon ! It looks quite good already. Let's hope you find time to improve textures (normal maps !wink_o.gif.

Malick

He should do it liek BAS once did, everytime somethign like that was posted they delayed the thing by a day tounge2.gif

Seriously, it will be released when its done... didnt the ArmA story tell us something about releasing too early?

Yes it is coming out. Unless you noticed I have been side tracked with some ZU-23s. I'm releasing the final version of the ZU-guns on friday so then it is full steam ahead with T-55s again.

So done when it is ready tounge2.gif

thanx man for the wonderfull ZU-23 pack, it really does add something interesting for arma, and about that T-55 :$ when are u going to release it man, we've been waiting too much already hehe , thanx for ur work

I'm some excited for this pack, the T55 is my all time favorite.

I was just saying to myself the other day that I wish someone would make one for ARMA, now my wish has come true.

Keep up the good work, it looks excellent.

I'll greet this tank with open arms smile_o.gif

We need all the tanks we can get. With multi guns for vehicles it's just more fun now.

For example the M60 tank for ARMA is a beautiful beast that I never used in OFP. It just didn't live long in any fight, but with the extra weapons I like being in it now.

The T55 is going to add a ton of awesome to this already kickass game wink_o.gif

Without news from Törni for more than a month, I guess this addon won't get online. I hope Törni is alright, by the way, and that it's just a lack of motivation rather than real life problems...

Malick