Sign in to follow this  
USMC NEEDER

Why a harrier?

I like the Harrier. The F-18 would have been nice off course, but the default islands in ArmA are too small for a fast jet.

-------

Off Topic: Is there coming a black colored UH-60 Blackhawk or what. The BK in ArmA is green lol. tounge2.gif Or have someone skinned it black yet in the addons section?

The Armed Assault AV-8B:

harrierng8.jpg

is it just me, or does the harrier's nose look nothing like the real AV-8B? (even the Harrier II variant with it's stretched nose)

For some reason, i keep thinking it's a British variant with a USMC skin on it.

Indeed Hailstorm it looks very much like the GR.7 but I think it is portraiting the Harrier II Plus with the AN/APG-64 Radar (adding Aim-120/-7 and AGM-84 Harpoon ability)

The guy who wrote that list did obviously not play the campaign.

yeah,  like i said, in another tread, afther checking the campaign, we're

Quote[/b] ]US Army Stryker Squad Rifleman\n2nd Squad - 3rd Platoon - Bravo Company

Marine Fighter Squadron 223 (VMF-223), The "Bulldogs" has flown the AV-8B Harrier II since October 1987:

fairlyzo4.jpg

A VMA-223 Harrier taxis at Al Asad Iraq in January of 2006(wikipedia.org)

Just found out We are supposed to be Marines ... read this from Bi's Wiki - http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Military_Forces

OMG you're the first person ever to have seen that!!! Actually, like someone else said, you should read the box at the top of the page...PLUS...whoever wrote it had little to no idea about the US military.

Off Topic: Is there coming a black colored UH-60 Blackhawk or what. The BK in ArmA is green lol. tounge2.gif Or have someone skinned it black yet in the addons section?

Although they appear black under certain lighting conditions and distances, the common UH60L Black Hawk in service with the US Army is in fact painted with a green CARC (Chemical Agent Resistant Coating) paint.

I believe the reason the Harrier was put in instead of a F16/F18 is due to the face that they would travel to fast, they would be going at speeds that require your viewing distance to be at max to be effective, and not everybody can have there viewing distance that high due to performance issues. Im also going to agree that the SU34 is more out of place then the harrier.

I believe the reason the Harrier was put in instead of a F16/F18 is due to the face that they would travel to fast, they would be going at speeds that require your viewing distance to be at max to be effective, and not everybody can have there viewing distance that high due to performance issues. Im also going to agree that the SU34 is more out of place then the harrier.

I think that you are right about the Harrier based on performance issues which I am thankful for using an older computer.