Sign in to follow this  
USMC NEEDER

Why a harrier?

Ive been doing a lot of research on the SU-34 and the Av-8B. And i was thinking to myself "a harrier blows compared to a F-18... and the Su-34 isnt that bad either, so it would be a good match up. Also, if you dont want a F-18 how about a...... F22!!!!!! yay!!! yay.gifyay.gif . lol but im serious, the su-34 is one of Russia's best planes and the f-18 is the best (so far) marine plane. (if you dont want a marine plane the f-15 is good also. So why an AV-8B? Anyways, just tell me what you think and why.

Well why dont you get yourself making one or prepairing too when the tools come out? smile_o.gif

Simple Really. People Make what they want to make and BIS Decided they wanted a harrier.

The Harrier is much more appropriate, since the battlefield is relatively small, and Harriers are mainly used (by the USMC anyway) as a means of quickly deploying their own ground-support. You don't need a full-sized carrier for them. BIS should also have made something similar for the OPFOR instead of the SU-34.

And haven't you seen Die Hard 4 ?

The Harrier !

Indeed it is the Su-34 'Flashback' that is out of scope. Any MiG-27, Su-17 or Su-25 version would've been more proper.

The Harrier !

Its an F-35 in Die Hard 4 :P

The Harrier !

Its an F-35 in Die Hard 4 :P

And yes i can very doubt i can fly like that in real life. The Movement of the VTOL looked very unrealistic but good film non the less yay.gif

The Harrier !

crazy_o.gif

that was not a Harrier, that was a F35B JSF.

Guest Ti0n3r

The Harrier fits into the story and besides, it's a sexy piece of junk inlove.gif

@USMC NEEDER

its kinda childish question:

"Why did BIS put things in ArmA that i don't like?"

the childish answer may:

"Because its better" tounge2.gif

If you like to fly with an F-18 or F-22 you can:

1) make one or two asap

2) wait till some addon will be released by skilled addon maker (maybe some aircraft carrier or/and new islands will come with/just in time)

@BraTTy

In "Die Hard 4.0" thats definitely not an Harrier!

well, the harrier is a good ground support aircraft, and doesn't need mutch more place than the cobras to work out of.... i guess thats why they chose the harrier.

and anotherthing you can try, land the harrier on the roof downtown paradisio?

or start? notworthy.gif do that with the f-18 nener.gif

If you ask me it's not the harrier but the su34 that is out of place. This game doesn't lend itself very well to fast jets with the poor view distance and exaggerated terrain, easy radar and so on.

I would've prefered they had stuck with the su-25 so that the harrier and su34 would've been optional.

The Harrier !

Maybe he was thinking of "True Lies" with arrrrnold. biggrin_o.gif

The only bad decission with the Harrier was it's Wapons Loadout.

2xSidewinders plus centerline Gunpods and 2x Mavericks and 2X FFAR Pods would have been better as a FAC, and 12X Mk82 or Mk20 cluster bombs on TERs in strike and CAS config.

The only bad decission with the Harrier was it's Wapons Loadout.

2xSidewinders plus centerline Gunpods and 2x Mavericks and 2X FFAR Pods would have been better as a FAC, and 12X Mk82 or Mk20 cluster bombs on TERs in strike and CAS config.

Agree x 100. The Harrier and A-10 are perfect CAS aircraft for Sahrani due to their slow speed maneuverability (A-10) and ability to operate out of marginal airfields (both).

The real shame is the load outs. 6x GBU-12s? That's a very expensive load for such a tiny island. Every BLUFOR airplane as well as many of the helicopters should always always always have A2A armament on them. AH-1Z, AV-8B, A-10 all should have sidewinders.

oh yeah, I vouch for outfitting mk20's on various planes. would make for some killer special fx

I think the bluefor aircraft in arma are good choices. I think that the armaments were designed for gameplay purposes.

yeah, instead of the su-34, they could have used either the Yak 41m or Yak-38 notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

The Yak38....werent those things removed from the Russian Navy because they kept falling out of the Sky? I think I'd prefer Su-25 or older ground support jets like Su-22 or MiG-27

@Frederf: I think its pretty rare if not unheard of for Apaches and Cobras to carry A2A missiles. What we need is Franze/Nod's AH-64 with its customizable loadouts inlove.gif

@Frederf: I think its pretty rare if not unheard of for Apaches and Cobras to carry A2A missiles. What we need is Franze/Nod's AH-64 with its customizable loadouts  inlove.gif

According to this source the AH-1Z is capable of carrying AIM-9 air-to-air missiles.

I've also seen some photos where they could be seen mounted.

What self sealing tanks? Gee how come i get shot once and all my fuel leaks out in game. Gurrr someone forgot the bars leaks in my fuel tank.

Self sealing tanks can't help you in 100% of cases. Large calibre bullets and more extensive damage can't be sealed. However, ArmA isn't an attack helicopter simulator and these aren't modelled... just like the armour of the helicopter, which should be able to withstand small arms fire a majority of the time.

Hi,

The relative slow speed of the Harrier and A10 makes these aircraft more suitable for inclusion in Armed Assault than other machines. It not only makes the aircraft easier to use, but one also does not overshoot the entire island in the blink of an eye. Another consideration is that other aircraft types are more likely to be used in the deep fight in real life, with the Harrier and A10 the most likely fixed wing types to be used for close air support to ground troops by U.S. forces.

Regards,

Sander

The real shame is the load outs. 6x GBU-12s? That's a very expensive load for such a tiny island. Every BLUFOR airplane as well as many of the helicopters should always always always have A2A armament on them. AH-1Z, AV-8B, A-10 all should have sidewinders.

The addweapon along with the other weapon commands also work on vehicles, so it's easy enough to customize loadouts for your missions.