Sign in to follow this  
Jblack

What Addon do you use?

Hey Guys, just wanted to get a quick informal poll, since I can't decide myself. There's a lot of good U.S. infantry addons out there, but which ones do you guys use when playing as standard U.S. inf? Which ones do you find the most realistic or just best looking.

I'm not making this a my addon is better than yours, but a thread to see what people think is the most accurate and realistic depiction of modern day U.S. Army Infantry, so when I make missions I use the right inf.

Here's generally what I am choosing between.

4IB U.S. Infantry - In house units, not available to the public yet, but if you search the forums you can find some pics. Personally what I think the most accurate, what I've been using, but lately been having doubts about realism

Woodland BDU - I know they are going out of service but I found this mod to be excellent.

Cam McDonald - Nuff Said, very nice, however I doubt the realism looking factor

Multicam - Very nice, however I don't know if U.S. Army is actually gonna switch over to this, but if they do then maybe I'd use em, can anybody clarify?

Thanks for all your help, DO NOT FLOOD THIS THREAD WITH BS, i'm trying to get very open honest opinions about uniform realism factors.

Well, I'm not US Army, but I'm a regular viewer at MP.net and for my mind, Cam McD's stuff can't be beat!

I love the 1ID a tiny bit more than the 101st - but they're interchangeable for all of my US missions! yay.gif

Stick with the Cam McDonald stuff, can't really go wrong there. Want a tank battle, go the 1st ID, want infantry, go the 101st.

Simple.

But I still have a soft spot for the woodland stuff, call it a ofp thing.

skavens racs v3. i replace us infantry with them for BIS missions.

it's really boring to play only one side or army all of the time, particulary one wich always gives me a subtle feeling to play the bad guys. (this ain't no antiamericanism, but a strong distrust of US armed forces.) skavens racs are also imho the best unit addon so far.

I'm really looking forward to Skavens Russian troops.

It'll be nice to defend a poor former communist country, attacked by an agressive royalist tyranical regime, attacking with old US equipment.

The U.S. Army has actually declined to use the Multicam Units. However.

I've skinned some Special Forces Units and have had them sitting in my addons folder without releasing for a long time.

multicam1.jpg

multicam2.jpg

if you present your skin, so I would like to present Topas reskin to woodland from my CWC:

top_wood.jpg

biggrin_o.gif

I run my ArmA with default units.

I've always have been fond of using the default stuff: OFP's Original BIS units were more to my taste than forexample FFUR's units... Can't say what is the problem with me. Maybe i just prefer minimalism huh.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

ditto Second. Right now I only use vanilla stuff, and it was the same in OFP mostly. I'll start to use addons when the tools are out and we start to see new models and islands though.

The U.S. Army has actually declined to use the Multicam Units. However.

I've skinned some Special Forces Units and have had them sitting in my addons folder without releasing for a long time.

multicam1.jpg

multicam2.jpg

Multicam? Do want!

I use skaven's RAC unit's.

SLX people.

And now just started using Swiss Mod Weapon pack 'coz they own!..

I'm starting to use GROM unit's now too. they look awesome.

pistols.gif