Sign in to follow this  
Drozdov

Removing all the communist posters from N Sahrani

I want to remove all the Communist-style posters from North Sahrani - for my missions the island is a unified non-Communist entity, so the posters obviously need to go. I do know how to delete them, and there's no problem with deleting all the smaller posters that are attached to the side of buildings (for example the red poster with the picture of the N Sahrani leader). When they get deleted they fall off and disappear into oblivion. It's not great since you can see them falling off the wall, but that's easy to get around.

The problem is with the roadside billboard posters; for example the 'No Passarao Sulistas' (which is actually Portuguese, not Spanish... oops...) and the 'Death to Traitors' ones. They don't disappear - when deleted they just fall over and stay visible on the ground. I've tried moving them but it doesn't work so I guess moving map items is impossible. Anyone think of a way to get rid of them properly, or maybe replace them with something else? Suppose I could place something else in front of them if all else fails. whistle.gif

Oh, and is there an easier way to get rid of all the posters? Putting gamelogics next to all of them and using the nearest object thing seems rather inefficient.

Or mention in the briefing, "Remnants of the old regime still linger."

I think the inability to delete map objects is to prevent cheating?

I think the inability to delete map objects is to prevent cheating?

No, that's only a poor excuse.

Actually, we had this ability in ofp, but it was removed in a patch.

The reason for that was that the object would stay gone until the game was restarted.

So yes, poor fix for an old bug.

The first workaround wouldn't work because in my campaign there has never been a North Sahrani. It doesn't make sense that such a tiny island has two totally different governments. Or climates for that matter. I guess I can only fix both problems with world editing at the moment.

Bump. Well after a break from ArmA I'm working on this again. It's perfectly possible to 'cover-up' all the SLA style posters by deleting them, and then covering over their 'corpses' with bushes/rocks/rubbish piles or anything else. You can also place some of the other billboards, such as the beer advert or the banana advert, infront of the bigger posters. Neither of these solutions are perfect. Fallen posters covered with bushes can still be seen from the air, even when they're invisible at ground level. Also, map objects placed with the editor are indestructable, so if a tank crashes into a bush covering up a poster it just bounces off. Worse, if it crashes into a poster covered by another poster in front of it, only the back poster will fall over. crazy_o.gif

Anyway, despite those problems there are only two items which I can't work out how to cover up convincingly. These objects are the bronze statue in Bagango, and the government building (also in Bagango) which has an SLA slogan as part of the wall texture at the four entrances. The bronze statue can't be destroyed or covered up really, so it'll just have to stay. The slogans on the government building can't be deleted obviously, and although you can cover them up with other billboards it looks totally stupid. I thought covering them over with a South Sahrani flag would be good, but no such object exists. Anyone know of a way to get that flag in game?

Actually, we had this ability in ofp, but it was removed in a patch.

The reason for that was that the object would stay gone until the game was restarted.

So yes, poor fix for an old bug.

There is a command which does something like this. But I don't know what the command does exactly and what's the origin usage of it (deleteCollection).

Master85

Why dont you just set dammage to the object, the sign would be face down but you wouldnt be able to see it.

That's what I have been doing. Except the signs are face up. Even if they were face down it would look odd anyway. What I do is setdammage the signs and then cover their 'corpses' over with other objects.