Sign in to follow this  
rushman2000

Does anyone have any info about this new OFP

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Planet of War, a strategic warfare addon for "Operation Flashpoint" uncovers a completely new type of gameplay for the frequent OFP users.

No longer are you the victim of a predefined mission. Now you can build your own base while playing against another force. You can train your own troops, as well as research new technologies and vehicles!

This is possible by the use of a completely new interface which has developed into a smooth and easily controllable menu system. You can compare the possibilities to the hit titles Command and Conquerâ„¢ or Duneâ„¢.<span id='postcolor'>

That quote was taken from the PoW web-site and although the idea is great (somewhat similar to our Conquest project), you have to pay for it and that's a shame sad.gif I'll see if it's really as good as they say and then think about buying it (hopefully a demo will be released?).

estimated release of March 2002...thats what it says on the website...seems like a very ambitious project...but to have it out next month?? I dont know if thats gonna happen...especially when they are still advertising that they need skinners. Who knows...it might rock...we shall see.

According to Götterfunke, scripter for PoW, the release is expected soon... So march is not impossible

*cough* Speaking of new kind of gameplay for OFP. Check out Operation-X . We plan to add RPG style gamepley to a military sim. No, i take that back, we HAVE added RPG style gameplay to a military sim. Just working on building the actuall missions. And also waiting for the next patch to fix the CreateUnit command so we can re-create some smaller missions to reduce lag, since it will be one HUGE mission. Check it out:

Operation-X Check it out and tell me what you think..................

PiNs_Da_Smoka