Sign in to follow this  

Which island in OFP is your favorite and why?

My favorite is (drum roll please)........Malden!

I simply love Malden's scerenic coastline and steep cliffs that dot the island throughout. I just love Malden's mountainous geography! It may not be the best terrain for war but it is peacefull. I have spent entire missions doing nothing but climbing Malden's hills and enjoying the view of the battles rageing (or not) below me. smile.gif

Malden has a cool Airport.

Very good to make defend and attack missions on or launch strikes at the enemy.

My favourite is Everon. It's just so beautiful with all those small farm houses, forests, small roads, and the view from the castle at dawn is very nice.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Feb. 18 2002,20:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No votes for Desert Island smile.gif ?<span id='postcolor'>

LOL

Everon for me. Like norsu said: forests, farms, side-roads...

To me this island looks most life-like with all the vegetations.

But the new images of that new island BIS is working on looks very nice indeed biggrin.gif

Malden, all the way.

Although forest doesn't seem like traditional forrest, I love it's bushes and houses, especialy La Trinite and Larche.

My favorite island is Malden. That's for sure. Very nice textures, beautiful costs, trees, forests, everything looks so nice.

Everon is my second favorite.

umm Everon all the way I just like it and have spent the most time in it and it has a castle on it.

Malden got most beautiful place in OFP

that bay with cliffs near Vigny and of course Stonehenge

Jungle Everon.    The islands as is without modding look ok, but in truth I found them very boring to multiplay in all the time.  I hope when FP 2 comes along they make more varied terrains within the game. More along the lines of how DF 2 was.

Desert Island with it's beautieful costs, wonderful sand and fresh water. Come visit us in June, July and August. Bring a tent.

Alright who voted for Kolgujev? tounge.gif

Kolgujev= Bad framrate, dark and dreary atmosphere, burned out villages are no fun. Altho it does have alot of military bases, and the center hill is pretty neat.

Malden,

I especially like the area in and around Larche, Goisse, La Reviere, also the terrain W of the northern airstrip where desert-like flat terrain blends into some slopes with dry grass and bushes. It´s there i build my first Boot Camp, nice, long obstacle courses and shooting ranges look good there.

What i´m missing on all islands are small bumps or ditches and high grass/ plants, that would make for some cover/ consealment in the open, maybe in OFP 2?

Everon is too "green" for me and Kogujew is one big, huge hill, where any ground based vehicle and personnel have a hard time moving around on 85% of the island.

"What I´m missing on all islands are small bumps or ditches and high grass/ plants, that would make for some cover/ consealment in the open, maybe in OFP 2?"

I totally agree with this.

I Voted for Desert island cause that's were i try out my units & have my battles, But i really don't have much of a favourite island anyway.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ Feb. 18 2002,23:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Malden got most beautiful place in OFP

that bay with cliffs near Vigny and of course Stonehenge<span id='postcolor'>

Check out the OFP postcards then.

The cliffs? do you mean where they almost go straight down?

Driven a tank down there. The Abrams was a wreckage when i got to the bottom.

I love the little settlements on Everon.

Malden is pretty good aswell....

Don't like Kol...ummm the russian one

I voted for Malden, cos it was the in the demo, and I always wanted to explore it but couldn't. Everon, second. smile.gif

Goisse, La riviere, La Trinite, Larche, La Passagne, Vigny. My favorite places on Malden.