Sign in to follow this  
Cerebral_Assassin

People ruining a good game

Well, I talk a few buddies into finally coming back and playing Arma. Everything was good until this guy starts shooting multiple smoke out of his weapon until the map lagged like nobodies business. Then, he loaded GBU's and leveled the entire map. Half the server left but we played on. We started a new mission but a new guy comes in w/ custom sound files. They were all very long and annoying such as a screetching sound, etc. After that, we had habitual TKER's

This just ruins a good game. I am just about to give up on it. Its much worse than I ever remember OFP.

BIS needs two things immediately. One: penalty for TKing such as a prompt w/ the option to kll the offender or forgive.

Two: really needs a cheat detection that does not lag the server. I'm in favor of PB. If you think about it, Americas Army is one of the most hacked games w/ a couple million players. PB has banned around 40,000 I estimate (may or may not be close). The community for Arma is much smaller so if bans can be handed out or even just make it harder to hack, then it would weed out the hackers fairly quickly or at least reduce them.

Just a couple of thoughts.

There are so many topics on this. The server needs to do some config settings to help keep it from happening.

just go on servers, where adimins are around, or host ur own game with just our friends.(u can do small coops with 2/2mb)

Im now infavor for PB actually becuase it will stop them running programs outside the game to cheat. smile_o.gif

Im now infavor for PB actually becuase it will stop them running programs outside the game to cheat. smile_o.gif

Same here.

All the big games run PB.

Drop them a line and see what they say, maybe theres alot of players out there willing to contribute to getting this Punk Buster wink_o.gif

PB is good and all but it does not stop the cheating. There are so many hacks to get around that program that it is pretty much worthless in the end. The screen shot feature sucks as well since most the wall hacks and other tools just turn them selfs off and then back on after the shot is taken.

Yes but the point is, it will stall the cheaters and when it does catch them they will have to spend lots of time remaking and if they want to cheat they cant release it to anyone who wants it as there hack will get detected faster reducing the amount of people hacking.  smile_o.gif

And Since i only play Cod2 which has PB it works pretty well on the server im always on as they had a major crackdown on hackers and they cought a good few and banned them for life. Suckers.

As someone has already said. Use a server that always has admins on. Our server (volcbat) has a admin on most of the time and we have very strict rules and we dont mind offering out bans to repeat offenders. If people were to follow our lead then these idiots that want to ruin game will not be able to play the game in the end due to them being banned off all the servers. Lets get tough on these scumbags and bam em from ruining our enjoyment pistols.gif

The bad side to banning is that if you look at most of the banned keys i think they are not real keys. Have noticed quite a few off the wall keys being sent to the server when people join.

We need to start sharing info on people servers have banned. Pass it around so if you get banned from one or two servers you are going to be on a black list and not able to play anymore.

I hate the idea of a passworded server and would like to keep open servers running

Admins aren't the solution because it's difficult to see who's hacking if they are spawning people or vehicles.

Not really cus the spawn will only happen within the area of the hacker.

Got the great spectate scripts too that do the trick of checking out the morons biggrin_o.gif

Not really cus the spawn will only happen within the area of the hacker.

Not really, they drop people anywhere they want or bombs anywhere. Or they just level the entire map. Hard to say who is doing what.

Best bet is a way to identify the owner of an object from the server. Then we can start to resolve the issues.