Sign in to follow this  
Spectre-63

GrenadierPack

Hi all -

after spending a lot of time working on the project over this weekend, and some timely assistance from a few individuals, the GrenadierPack is almost ready for initial release.

Beta testing is still in progress but I wanted to let you know what you can look forward to:

This modification makes a number of changes to the M-203 grenade launcher to add different ammo types and increase the maximum loadout to bring it in-line with US Army and US Marines loadouts.  Here's what it changes:

*) adds new ammo type - HEDP

increased damage to simulate the anti-armor round for the M-203.  The round has been balanced to destroy UAZ's with a single round (killing the occupants), disable BRDMs with a single round, and disable BMPs with multiple rounds.

*) adds new ammo type - 40mm Smoke

gives the ability to provide covering smoke or mark your target at a greater distance.  Rounds come in white, yellow, and red smoke.

*) adds new ammo capacity: 5 round 'magazines'

this is what allows the increase in maximum loadout to the standard 40 grenades carried by US Army and US Marines grenadiers.  The magazines each hold 5 rounds but have a 3 second reload time to keep things within the realm of reality.

*) modifies the grenadier soldier types to increase their default loadout

each grenadier will carry the following load:

20 rounds HE (4 5 round 'magazines'wink_o.gif

10 rounds HEDP (2 5 round 'magazines'wink_o.gif

5 rounds 40mm Smoke (white)

5 rounds 40mm Smoke (red)

Feedback and suggestions for additional inclusions welcomed!

Seems very good, BIS should have implemented something similar like this to ArmA.

Will this edit the original BIS soldiers or is it an addon which adds new soldiers with this gear?

no, what BI should change is the more basic core of the loadout system, while this is a nice workaround, its still far from being realistic

no, what BI should change is the more basic core of the loadout system, while this is a nice workaround, its still far from being realistic

Party-pooper.

Spectre-63, keep up the good work. wink_o.gif

Abs

Really? Tell me what you think would make the mod more realistic. I thought it was pretty close.

456820: I haven't made a final decision on that yet. I can see benefits and drawbacks to doing it either way.

Very much looking forward this, especially the smoke rounds!

Sounds awesome, always thought 8 40mm rounds was a little low, plus I love the idea of the smoke rounds, that way marking air strike targets will be a hell of a lot easier. Can't wait!

I've been wanting smoke rounds forever. Finally can make my coop airstrikes more interesting.

*signs on to the waiting list*

Sounds great! Thanks for the effort. Will make the grenadier a much more powerful asset. inlove.gif

The problem like in OFP and addons / mods.

If you fire a nade and change fire mode to sinle / auto, open fire instantly, then change to nade, fire nade, again single fire and so on, there will be no reload times between nades in one 'magazine'. It will need manual reload only when changing to a new magazine.

Althought better then OFP vest solution, as at least sometimes you must manually reload.

The problem like in OFP and addons / mods.

If you fire a nade and change fire mode to sinle / auto, open fire instantly, then change to nade, fire nade, again single fire and so on, there will be no reload times between nades in one 'magazine'. It will need manual reload only when changing to a new magazine.

Althought better then OFP vest solution, as at least sometimes you must manually reload.

Not true...As I stated in the original post, there is a delay of 3 seconds regardless of whether you're switching selected rounds (HE vs HEDP vs smoke) or reloading from the 'magazine'. I haven't been able to discover a way to get it to trigger the reload animation between rounds, but that's more of a nicety than a requirement.

make no mistakes, i am waiting for the addons that brings more freedom to the game, my reply is to 456820 comment what BI should make

plz try not to built storys upon someones post that get quote by another irresponsible post

4 IN 1: if I'm reading your response correctly, it still appears my solution to the problem is 'unrealistic'. Is that because I've had to make 'magazines' to make the round count correct? If so, I agree - not entirely realistic - unfortunately it's the best I could do with the options at hand.

4 IN 1: if I'm reading your response correctly, it still appears my solution to the problem is 'unrealistic'.  Is that because I've had to make 'magazines' to make the round count correct?  If so, I agree - not entirely realistic - unfortunately it's the best I could do with the options at hand.

no its not that i say your solution is unrealistic, in fact i couldnt think of a more realistic solution as far as the engine could lets us to do, but the base core of the problem is still there, that the engine is using slots instead of a weight + slot based system which "should" be more realistic then a slot based one, and its up to BI to change the code or not

hope this clear out something this time

Thanks for the clarification....I agree that there are much better ways of handling things but, with the constraints of the current engine, my hands were somewhat tied. sad_o.gif

alternative solution. keep 6 standard (1 round) nades in the inventory. fill two slots with a 'pouch' image. add an action menu entry 'get nades from pouch' runing a script to addmagazines and reduce a counter.

alternative solution. keep 6 standard (1 round) nades in the inventory. fill two slots with a 'pouch' image. add an action menu entry 'get nades from pouch' runing a script to addmagazines and reduce a counter.

Yes, but how would you be able to see from the 'gear' screen what grenades were in the pouch? wink_o.gif

i thought i posted it here already anyway..

you might want to include something like "M1070 - HUNTIR (High-altitude Unit Navigated Tactical Imaging Round) - 40mm LV camera round"

http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/ammunition/martin/

If so, then you might use this little script.. however i recommend using a new model wink_o.gif

http://granq.se/files/huntir.Sara.zip

I'd like to see the 40mm HELLHOUND, and DRACO rounds from MEI as well- and while I'm wishing, the Milkor MGL-140 would be a real blast.

http://www.military.com/soldiertech/0,14632,Soldiertech_MGL,,00.html

pistols.gif

I'll have to play around with that HUNTIR script, GranQ...THANK YOU!!!

Viper Shiva -

from what I read, beyond having a larger blast radius, etc. the game wouldn't really handle these rounds any differently than the HEDP round I already created. There's no reason that you couldn't use the HEDP round I created to knock down doors or engage infantry in a MOUT environment....it'd just be a bit of a waste.

The DRACO thermobaric round would also have incendiary effects, and the HELLHOUND has a greater fragmentation radious, as well as much increased armor-penetration.

Yes, you could probably achieve these things with standard issue HEDP, but it might be cool to have them in your mod for realism/accuracy's sake.

But aside from a full ammo load, it would be immensely cool if you included a "heavy" grenadier, packing an MGL-140.

Just sayin'.... whistle.gif

Unfortunately, the MGL-140 will have to wait for someone with...errmmm....talent? wink_o.gif

I can script but 3d models are beyond my scope of support. whistle.gif

Ah. Me too, unfortunately. confused_o.gif So we'll just have to keep our eyes open and keep askin' others, 'cause I sure don't have the time to learn modeling, texturing, or even scripting.

nener.gif