Sign in to follow this  
victor26

Turning off Voice Over Net

Is there a way to turn off Voice Over Net? Not just turning down the volume and not turning off any other sounds. Just turning off Voice Over Net so the game acts like it was never even there.

add this: -disableVoN=1 to ur ArmA desktop shortcut, at target under properties, at the end of the line like: C:\ArmA\ARMA.EXE -disableVoN=1

VoN is disabled with that.

So you cant use it or hear others.

Frantic you are awesome. you should get a promotion at your job for this.

I'm still waiting to find an Australian based server that runs with it on.

Voice comms are an integral part of ensuring a successful mission and adds to the immersion of a game

I'm still waiting to find an Australian based server that runs with it on.

Voice comms are an integral part of ensuring a successful mission and adds to the immersion of a game

You might be waiting for a while because the VON is still broken. It's pretty easy to set up a teamspeak server, and is infinitely better than the in-game voip.

GSA and OGN have their own TS servers, Im pretty sure a few of your AEF lads have the addys and pws smile_o.gif

add this: -disableVoN=1 to ur ArmA desktop shortcut, at target under properties, at the end of the line like: C:\ArmA\ARMA.EXE -disableVoN=1

Australians are a inVentive bunch,  in game Voip not needed

Thanks for the Tip -disableVoN=1 yay.gif

I've never seen VOIP working in my ArmA but for others it seems to work sometimes.

I even failed to get VOIP working on own ArmA server by editing the config file - nothing.

As I never ever heard a single word transmitted over ArmA and visited many servers, I conclude it is defunct or blocked on my side.

I run a hardware firewall and the XP firewall - both of them blocking all incoming ports.

(Except port 2302 when I host a game.)

I read that ArmA VOIN runs over another port than game data and query port.

So if you want to turn it off I suggest you try firewalling.