Sign in to follow this  
Favonious

M1126?

To our fantastic addon creators in the world of Operation Flashpoint:

I am currently a member of the armed forces serving in a Stryker unit.  2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment out of Vilseck, GE.  I have been waiting a long time for a WORKING Styker in Operation Flashpoint and with good reason.  All of these "modern" unit addons and mods being released and still no Stryker.  The M113 and the Bradley alike are being phased out and the Stryker is quickly becoming the armored personnel carrier of the United States Army.  Since I was first placed in a Stryker unit almost two years ago TWO more Stryker combat brigades have been formed and the number is still growing.  The Stryker is a very diverse vehicle with now over 13 different variants in use.  The ICV (Infantry Carrier Vehicle), ATGM (Anti-Tank Guided Missle Variant or TOW), MCV-B (Mortar Carrier Variant: 120MM Mortar mounted in truck), MGS (Mobile Gun System: 105MM Cannon), FSV (Fire Support Vehicle: Fisters/Recon), ETC...

I know this would be a difficult addon to create.  There isint anything alike it in Vanilla OFP.  The RWS, DVE, Rear Air Guards, and eight wheel vehicle set are completely unique.  But, even to have a finished model of the ICV to carry a squad in and out of battle would be AMAZING.  Even without the use of the weapon systems or drivers display.  

So I ask/challenge you.  What can be done to make Strykers in OFP a reality?

-Fav

It's a little off topic but you might also want to check out Project MCAR vehicles. Link To MCAR Thread

They have some nice Humvees with advanced weapons systems.

To Zuku: A little off topic? Thanks though...

To NoRailGunner: And I quote myself "But, even to have a finished model of the ICV to carry a squad in and out of battle would be AMAZING."

Finished meaning operational and complete.... Lamentin/Wilco have not "finished" their stryker yet. It's a great start but nobody ever finished it. The model itself is incomplete, the way squads sit in the back of the vehicle is very very messed up. People sitting on top of eachother heads through the top of the vehicle? The interior of the vehicle is far from complete, my OFP crashes almost every time I've tried to put the Stryker into a mission AND lets not forget that when any type of explosive device hits the vehicle it is sent soaring 1,000s of meters into the air... It's not quite what I am looking for.

Yes, but sadly it is only for looks at best. It can't really be placed into the game for anything worthwhile.

I remember a quite a while ago seeing an unreleased Stryker in the OFP Combat photography thread. But be warned I'm not 100% sure on this.

OFP Photography you say? Thanks Much. I will begin my search.

I found the refernce to it in the Combat photography comments thread. Couldn't find the pic though. PM the guy and he may send it to you.

Link

Well I gave it a try, it turns out he just had an early release of Wilco/Lamentin's Stryker. Looks like I'm out of luck. I guess I just have to hope that OFP2 is a better game than Armed Assault is..... Thanks for your replies all.

One big issue is that addons are amajor pain in the ass to create and make work realisticly. I worked for a number of mod teams over the last 6 years, still didn't get any easier.

Big thing to remember addon makers usually have lives. This vehicle addon passed through my paws at least once, but getting deployed it got bounced to somebody else that wa avaible to work on it. I still try to help where I can on it but lack of net access is a ball buster. should lock this thread, and lurk on the actual addon one the new kid is making some headway. don't be too hard on him, try making an addon yourself find its no picnic.

Catt Out..