Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

1.08 Troubleshooting thread.

SP and MP crashes, between 0h30 and 1h00. Sometimes within half an hour.

Using the maxmen = 512 setting. No pagefile.

MS XP dual core fix and the stability patch installed.

Nvidia 162.15 drivers

Any tips?

Processor

Model : Intel® Core2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz

Speed : 2.40GHz

Mainboard

Mainboard : Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P35-DS3P

Total Memory : 2GB

Chipset 1

Model : Giga-Byte Technology (Bearlake) Processor to I/O Controller

Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 267MHz (1068MHz data rate)

Total Memory : 1GB

Video System

Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

MultiMedia Device(s)

Device : Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)

Applied 1.08, started with a civil offroad in Paraiso (in editor), drove thru half the town, hd reading like crazy and a frezze for about 5sec then watching my desktop  crazy_o.gif .

Texture on "default" everything else on "normal", 1280x768 16:10, viewdistance 1200.

E6600

8800GTS 640mb

2Gb ram

X-Fi

Vista32

Forceware 158.24

am getting terrible performance i to am on a high end machine,

the big map trully suks...,and is a system hog

think i read somewhere the game engine is not happy with intel cpus for some reason...

seams that people with this chip are getting crap frames and hudge stutters..?

ironic really, but intel are makin the fastest cpus the now over amd...

I got:

e6600 OC @ 3.6ghz

2gb ddr2 800mhz RAM

8800gtx

X-fi

Vista32

Forceware 160.03

Performance is MUCH worse in patch 1.08 compared with previous patch... stutters alot and fps falls to around 15 near large city.

Got settings on default for texture, everything else on normal and VD 1200.

Havnt got a crash but game is simply unplayable sad_o.gif

ironic really, but intel are makin the fastest cpus the now over amd...

sorry to be OT,

The only way an intel is faster, is if you overclock...which intel prefers you to do, so your warranty is voided.

Hi guys, I'm new to the game and forums here.  I bought Arma: Combat Operation 2 days ago.  I installed the patch 1.08, and it seemed fine for a bit.  Then I decided to do the tutorials.  Everything goes fine until the helicopter training.  I fly from checkpoint to checkpoint just fine, hover for 15 seconds, and then I gotta pick up a few soldiers.  On my way there, the graphics get all funky.  Ground textures turn all gray/white, they start to flicker, it looks like a bunch of artifacts like when you overclock way too far.  Nothing in my computer is overclocked.  After a little bit of that flickering and stuff, I get kicked to the desktop and get an error.  Don't remember it exactly, but it says something DX5 and first time it had 1024 x 1024 in the error, and second time it had 2048 x 2048.  7008000e or something like that.  I click OK, and start the game, and the exact same thing happens again, at the same time.  Any suggestions?  My computer stats:  AMD Opteron 165 1.8 x 2, OCZ 3200 2GB (4x512mb) dual channel, nVidia 7900 GTO 512mb video card.  The game runs nice and smooth, and looks good until this happens.  I haven't had the error online, or in any missions, but I haven't played much yet.  What do I do?  P.S.  Sorry for the long first post.  confused_o.gif

Rip out all the ATI driver and ACE stuff. then reinstall the latest(7.6). Use Windows AddRemove programs, the CCC first then the Display driver, DONT Reboot yet, Go tothe ATi folders on your comp and delete them (defrag if you can) then reboot. Dont let Windows install or look for any thing, cancel the wizards, Now click on the 7.6.exe or whatever driver you will use.

tried it. Don't work. Tried upping up the arpeture settings too, still no work. Tried the hotfix, not working, still crashing with occasional createbufferindex error. Set custom settings to virtual memory (set it to like 3 or 4 gigs) still not working, still get the crash. I even flush every now and then and still no joy.

This game is uselsss. Why is BIS releasing new crap if they can't even fix this joke they call a game?

Anyone have any more ideas?

I think I have 1.08. My version says 1.08.5163

I have the German DVD. My problem involves crosshairs and night vision goggles. They apear very zoomed in. Gone is the round shape in cross hairs and the NVs have a blury stuff in front. I can see some but its clearly wrong.

I'm going to change my resolution setting and see if thats a fix. Tried a few other things and it did nothing. Any answers? Thanks in advance. notworthy.gif

anyone?

Have you tried the newest drivers?

Have you tried ingame refresh rate of 60 hertz?

Sounds like you've tried bout everything else video wise.

yep, it's on 60Hz, newest drivers too. Trying the latest ones too. Tried everything barring a reformat. I think if worst comes to worst I might just send BI the bill for a new PC smile_o.gif

I've had no issues at all with 1.6 (US DVD install). After installing the 1.08 patch, I get serious issues. The game loads and plays perfectly fine. But after joining a multiplayer game and then trying to exit, it locks up my system. It sits there with the game screen still up, but it won't exit. I tried using task manager via ctrl+alt+delete, but the process will not end-task. I end task about a dozen times, but nothing happens. The only way to fix it is to hit the reset button on my tower. This never happened until I installed 1.08.

Exact same problem here man, replacing the OpenAL32.dll however did NOT do the trick for me. I am unable to play multiplayer STILL!

My friends have no problems playing... its so weird.