Sign in to follow this  

Searching for missing toadlife. His scripts are brilliant, but I am having trouble modifying them for ArmA. I was hoping he would be able to help me chase the bugs out. Any ideas? I have sent emails and pm's but the adresses are a couple years old and may not be valid anymore.......

You are about 4 years too late.

The myth is he was so consumed by OFP and scripting that the video game gods sent their worst creations to battle him. He managed to beat them all by performing elaborate airstrikes and countering their intelligent group connections. The battle was so intense he literally BECAME code. Some say that SQF Functions are the reincarnation of him, but others say they see him chasing through the woods of Malden and dark and stormy nights. Personally, I think BIS hired Mongolian mercenaries to capture him and had him extradited so they could tap his brain waves.

You know, none of those theories actually contradict each other.

Maybe it was all of the above wink_o.gif.

Then again, could be he was hit by a bus.

You know, that's something I think about from time to time. I've met a bunch of different people online over the years. Worked on projects with quite a few too. I wonder how many of them aren't around anymore? I always especially wonder that about people that where active and just go silent one day.

I imagine that only something like 1 in 1000 of those that pass end up with that news coming back to their communities as a whole.

I have seen a few instances of gamers that where influential in a community dying, and those are just the few that got word back some how.

I think he just found something better to do.

Indeed, where is Vektorbosson, General Barron, Bremmer, Thobson, Igor Drukov, Snypir?

LCD is back! smile_o.gif

I managed to convert (and credit him by original idea) his famous tracker script from "Operation Lojack".

Made a mission named "The Briefcase", where you are supposed to track down a nuke suitcase.

Not that original, and far from perfect, but the tracker device is there and working.

Armaholic link

P.S. I did made a final 1.0 version, but by that time evryone was playing evolution... so i didnt felt it was worth to update a mission with no respawn.

[edit]CrashDome Funny story xD[/edit]

I think I know what happened to him

LIFE!

He might have found someone he fell deeply in love with, and if that was a girl, they seldom understand how someone could sit hours in front of the computer just to "code" stuff for a game, they seldom have time to play, because they "code".Nor will they allow it to happen, as "its a waste of time" whistle.gif

He also might have made a 50% clone of himself with this girl, and children/babies takes ALOT of time.

He might also found a work which he likes so much that he became a "workaholic".

Or all of the above at the same time.

As games of today aren't exactly was they was like back in the Atari, Amiga times and earlier where you could "Play" a game for like 30 mins then think "omg, lets do something else"

OR he just as might have been hit by a bus, which by all means would be the most tragic thing to happen!

ColonelSandersLite

I dunno, but I think you will find this to happen in real life too, sooner or later, if it hasn't happened already.

"Good friends we had oh, good friends we've lost. Along the way!"

...Snypir?...

Isn't he now lead developer on VBS2? I remember a post by someone on the VBS2 team under the nick 'Snypir'.

...Snypir?...

Isn't he now lead developer on VBS2? I remember a post by someone on the VBS2 team under the nick 'Snypir'.

Correct smile_o.gif

I hosted "Enduring Freedom" from Softegg on our ASC Server

We did some talks about it and i never touched something of it.

Then he was gone "without a trace"... and the only thing i coult do was deleting it unseen after 3 years...

Some of his ideas would be cool today i think

Indeed, where is Vektorbosson, General Barron, Bremmer, Thobson, Igor Drukov, Snypir?

LCD is back! smile_o.gif

You know, I think I saw general barron post in a thread I posted in recently. Also, I think I saw thobson post something on ofpec a little while back. The others, I haven't seen.

Ohh, and The_Taurus, I've been to my share of funerals if that's what you mean. The thing that gets me about online communities is that you rarely ever find out about it when a friend dies. IRL, you pretty much always hear about it, at least if you still see them once in a while.