Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Transformers The movie (07.04.07)

Average Joe linked to this new trailer of the upcoming movie.

Unfortunately the thread was ruined by a spammer flooding the board.

So here is a new attempt at getting the discussions about the upcoming movie going.

Personally I'm being optimistic about the movie thanks to all the big names behind it. First and foremost Peter Cullen himself  (the original voice of Prime), but with Spielberg being executive producer I dont see how mr. Bay can ruin too much of the movie.

Official TF-movie website (wallpapers, photos, videos, interviews...)

You can download the trailer here (right-click - save as):

1080p (180MB)

720p (120MB)

480p (50MB)

The Transformers is going to be seven kinds of awesome. The end.

I'm not that excited, but I hope it doesn't turn into another AvP let down. By that, I mean fancy graphics with *pointless* action sequences coupled with really bad acting and dialog. I would like to enjoy it when I do eventually see it!

Although... do we really need to keep returning to the past for good material? I spent my entire *memorable* childhood in the whole 80s period (80 to 89 I was 5 to 14) and it seems like everything *new* in terms of kid-movies is revolving around that time-period (minus a few penguin movies and a fish movie). So... when is the next live-action GI-Joe film? biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

I think I might go into the toy biz... there is plenty of room for original material!!

I think Spielberg and Bay will do a great job two of the best film makers eva! ..

And looking at that trailer it looks %^£$^ AWESOME!. notworthy.gif

I thought man this is going to be really lame and stupid.

Then I watched the trailed...

Alright it looks like it's going to be a pretty fun movie.

I read some rumours that Bumblebee dont talk. But I thought the guy who voiced him in G1 was back in the movie huh.gif

Or maybe its that he's back in the upcoming (looking crap) game of the movie?

Too bad Frank Welker (Megatron) isnt in the movie but he will be in the game.

Well as long as they sound the same I guess it doesnt matter who they use. Atleast Cullen is Prime yay.gif

Yep apparently megatron crushed his vocal cordthingys and thats why he doesnt talk, he talks via songs on the radio...

The CGI looks awesome and all, but the fact Michael Bay is working on it doesnt give me much hope for it...

Oh and theres ment to be a transforming ipod...

Yep apparently megatron crushed his vocal cordthingys and thats why he doesnt talk, he talks via songs on the radio...

Why Bumble can't talk:

bumble1gu9.jpg

bumble2ol3.jpg

And you two are off topic icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, this movie I think, shows the overall standard of - and the kind of movies Spielberg is responsible for. I mean there's no depth, just action and some story suitable for kids. MIB2 is the worst film I've ever seen. The rest is just dinosaurs, aliens, monsters, US-patriotism, and historical revisionism.

Chaplin, Hitchcook, Eastwood, Kurosawa, Kubrick, Eisenstein, Bergman and Bertolucci offer much more and in much less time.

I want to be optomistic about the movie, but with Spielberg and Bay involved, I'm very weary. I basically haven't like any of bays movies, and Spieberg makes most of his movies "family friendly", usually to the detriment of the film...

I want to be optomistic about the movie, but with Spielberg and Bay involved, I'm very weary. I basically haven't like any of bays movies, and Spieberg makes most of his movies "family friendly", usually to the detriment of the film...

I hope you are wrong, for both our sake.  Thanks for the heads up on this movie, the traliers at least have me wanting to go see it.

I don't remember "Saving Private Ryan" being very family friendly, so maybe there is hope.

However, there were no "Saving Private Ryan" toys either.  If I see a Transformers movie Happy Meal toy, collectors cup, or breakfast cereal...I will share your worries.

Spieberg makes most of his movies "family friendly", usually to the detriment of the film...

I'm not sure whats so family friendly watching that big robot (Blackout? or is it Megatron?) slamming Jazz through that building and stepping on him.  whistle.gif

Why did they have to invent new transformers that never existed in G1?

There was no helo in the first season of G1. Vortex (Combaticon) was the first to arrive (season 2).

And what is Bonecrusher in this movie?

He was the Contructicon dozer in G1.

I think the biggest mistake of the movie is that they changed too many of the existing transformers into something they are not, making it hard for G1-fans getting into the characters.

It wont matter what the characters are for non-TF-fans because they would'nt know whats right and wrong anyway.

Come on, Steven, prove to us you're the G1-fan you say you are.

G1 was all about disguises and blending in. What kind of a disguise is Scorponok?  tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]G1 was all about disguises and blending in. What kind of a disguise is Scorponok? tounge2.gif

Maybe a big ass metal Scorpian? biggrin_o.gif, I hope for the love of god most of the transformers talk though, that would be suicide for the movie If they cut the most famous bots!

tfzb4.jpg

<<Inset awesome screencap here.

this is my childhood (which is not totally finished, even at 33 years old tounge2.gif ) thx for the link.

i had when i was young a lot of these robots inlove.gif

I just recently watched a trailer from the upcoming game and, whilst I have to agree that I'll probably won't get it, it's still awesome to watch... 07/04/07 can't come soon enough! Though I'll always be a G1 fan and this movie clearly doesn't have anything to do with G1... sad_o.gif

Still, will be a kick-ass live-action mech movie! biggrin_o.gif

I can't find anyone who wish to watch this amazing-looking movie with me sad_o.gif my girlfried said: "WHAT??? You wanna watch THAT movie??? Man you're 31 and the time to grow for you has come!"

crazy_o.gif LOL

Klavan

Quote[/b] ]G1 was all about disguises and blending in. What kind of a disguise is Scorponok?  tounge2.gif

Maybe a big ass metal Scorpian?  biggrin_o.gif, I hope for the love of god most of the transformers talk though, that would be suicide for the movie If they cut the most famous bots!

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6694/tfzb4.jpg

<<Inset awesome screencap here.

i read in a IGN article that the robots will speak. Peter Cullen who voice acted Optimus is supposedly going to be the voice actor in the movie. but Frank Welker who was the voice actor of megatron isn't going to be in the movie. he was apparently replaced w/ Hugo Weaving.

but Frank Welker who was the voice actor of megatron isn't going to be in the movie. he was apparently replaced w/ Hugo Weaving.

Yep, Frank Welker is Megatron only in the game. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] he was apparently replaced w/ Hugo Weaving.

"Mr Prime! Surprised to see me?" tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]G1 was all about disguises and blending in. What kind of a disguise is Scorponok?

I know its an old post but, Scorponok is about 10x smaller than he should be..after all he was a building that transformed into a huge metal scorpion and a huge robot.

I can't find anyone who wish to watch this amazing-looking movie with me sad_o.gif my girlfried said: "WHAT??? You wanna watch THAT movie??? Man you're 31 and the time to grow for you has come!"

crazy_o.gif LOL

Klavan

LOL I told my girlfriend "WE are going to see this!"

She said "YOU have fun...no."

A side note...has anyone seen the toys that have come out for the movie. I was walking through a Target store and saw the boxes.

Me : "Transformers?! Sweet!"

Girlfriend : "*Sigh* Didn't we just stop in the video game aisle...your a nerd."

I was sorely disappointed by them. Small...Plastic...crap. Not at all like I remembered them. Is my memory affected by old age, or has the kid in me just died....?