Sign in to follow this  
Sandman

The Olympic Hockey Tournament!

Sorry for you Damage...

I can't begin to imagine what it would look like, if the danish hockey team were to meet the US.

Something like 30-0 (in favor of Denmark of course:) )

US vs. Russia tonight!!

Man, I'm looking forward to that game.

Don't forget to watch it everybody.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Feb. 16 2002,13:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Team Canada; world-class goalies?  Not last night.

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, ok....maybe Cujo isnt worldclass....but no one is against the the mighty Swedes smile.gif

BTW, U.S.A looked pretty good against Finnland (sorry Damage....sad.gif ). I hold them as favorites to the whole tournament.

Big game tonight USA vs. Russia 0530 (swedishtime)....I wont miss it...I sure hope that Finnland can beat Belarus tonight (0045), otherwise they might fin(n)ish last in their group and then they probably will meet Sweden in quarterfinal (if we win our group).

Nah Belarus has no chance. Except they were pretty good against Russia, I saw that game and they only lost by 2 goals.

U should crush Belarus easily under normal circumstances...but in the olympics U never know...

I sure hope that u will do fine...mostly because I want Belarus to finish last, so we can meet them in quarterfinal when we have won our group. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Feb. 16 2002,22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Czech Republic will wh00p your asses so you'll finish second.<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe, but I´m sure we´ll atleast score a GOAL against them before....

tounge.gif

Canada-Sweden 10 -0!!!

Ooooops, Women's hockey; guess that dont count wink.gif

The Canadian women saves the honour!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Feb. 16 2002,22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Czech Republic will wh00p your asses so you'll finish second.<span id='postcolor'>

Sweden - Chech Republic 2-1.

Belarus in the quarter, should be easy...

I tried to get in this forum Saturday but it didn't let me sign in, I wonder why...

Anyway, I got a call from my friend on Saturday from Salt Lake as he's wathing the Games right now. He got to talk to one of the forwards of Finnish team right after USA game.. What he told me was that Finnish performance was purely tactics. They are aiming for gold and to do that they, most probably, have to beat USA in the finals. Now USA thinks that gold is just for taking when they face Finland in finals.

ps. I'll use this space to promote a finnish quiz-show in television called "Kuutamolla". It's a very good show and haven't got ratings it deserves...

wonder where silencer is?? he should be up on his podeum yelling and screaming about how the US should not have been able to tie his far superior country.. woohoo CCCP yea WTG.. etc etc... maby some "american asshole" he always refers to finally got sick of hearing that..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sandman @ Feb. 18 2002,08:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Czech Republic will wh00p your asses so you'll finish second.<span id='postcolor'>

Sweden - Chech Republic 2-1.

Belarus in the quarter, should be easy...<span id='postcolor'>

Yay!,, stayed up all night watching hockey,, wasn't fun to go to school today I tell ya',, everybody acted like living dead. Kinda creepy sad.gif

But!!

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Sweden is still going for the gold!</span></span>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (multimedia @ Feb. 18 2002,02:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I tried to get in this forum Saturday but it didn't let me sign in, I wonder why...<span id='postcolor'>

Same here, just got in today (monday) at work.

Man, Sweden is playing f'in good. Who would of predicted that after 2 games vs. Canada and Czech, that they'd score 7 goals and only let in 3, and win both games! They got some good defence going, shutting down Czech and Canada fowards, Salo is great in nets, now they got 2 "soft" teams to play (Germany and Belarus in the 1st medal round game). I'd like to watch Russia/Finland game today, it sould be a good one. Canada/Czech should also be a battle, both teams trying to get second place in their pool.

-=Die Alive=-

I really hope Finland can win against Canada tonight so that we (Sweden) can crush them in the semifinal.

WE WANT OUR REVENGE AGAINST FINLAND - WE HAVENT FORGOTTEN NAGANO!!! biggrin.gif

Just kidding ya know...but Finland vs Sweden is a classical bout. Mostly not so many goals, but lots of fights and willpower.

My predictions:

QUARTERFINALS

Sweden vs. Belarus = Sweden wins

Finland vs. Canada = Finland wins (in overtime)

Usa vs. Germany = Usa wins

Chech vs. Russia = Chech Rep. wins

SEMIFINALS

Sweden vs. Finland = Sweden wins

Usa vs. Chech = Usa wins (penalty shots)

FINAL

Sweden - Usa = Sweden wins

I voted Canada. Their teams is toughest "on paper" and they'll get their act together in tonight's match against Finland. Just our luck. sad.gif Another gold medal candidate is Sweden, they've been great this far. I don't believe in the Chechs or the Yanks, they're too sure of themselves.

I think Finland's biggest problem is the lack of good defensive defensemen. They'll do fine as long as Finland is controlling the puck, but I'm afraid that won't happen against other big "hockey countries". The worst example is propably Jyrki Lumme. He can deliver excellent passes and bring up the puck, but he certainly can't play defensively.

BTW, has anyone noticed how great Antti Aalto has been, considering that he's not an NHL player and is currently on Finland's number 1 lineup?! Go Antti, go Jokerit! (Jokerit is a team in our national league, naturally from Helsinki)

I want the olyimpics hockey to be like it was before Nagano, just amature players, leave the pros in their leagues. I heard that they might have just junior players playing at the next olympics in italy, cause the NHL might not want to go to italy with it's players. So instead of having a world junior championship in December/January, they'll play in the Olympics. If they want a "pro-tournament", like a World Cup of Hockey, they should play it in the summer, before the hockey seasons. Or maybe make the olympics like the summer olympics. there, football/soccer has only player under 23. I just don't think seeing multi-millionaires playing for a gold medal makes sense.

-=Die Alive=-

From what I´ve heard this is the last Olympic Hockey Tournament where the best NHL-players attend. World Cup is scheduled for 2004 - there will be NHL-players there, but that may be the last time. The reason the NHL-players was available for this tournament is that it´s in the USA. Thats big promotion for the Olympic Games. When the Olympics is in Europe, NHL wont stop their season.

I think NHL should decrease the number of matches and have a break when the World Championships are played. That way we could have a tournament worthy of its name...ofcourse World Championship should be moved so that it doesnt interfere with the Stanley Cup playoffs...