Sign in to follow this  
Jack-UK

CTF-St. Pierre RELOADED

Hey all,

Ive recreated CTF - St. Pierre from OFP into ArmA thanks to the use of Sgt. Aces Everon addon!

I have recreated this map from memory so feedback is very much appreciated. The Everon is in beta stage at the moment so it isnt in perfect state, but it works fine and is still being improved by Sgt. Ace. I will update the map when new versions of the island are released smile_o.gif

Features:

-Standard CTF for 20 PLAYERS

-Remake of the classic map (without fuel station until new Everon release)

-Anti-TK script

From the readme (thanks to BAS for their readme template!wink_o.gif:

README

======

Mission: SW-CTF-St. Pierre RELOADED

Version: V1.1

Developer(s): Jack-UK

Description: A remake of the old CTF - St. Pierre map from OFP using Ace's Everon beta island.

README CONTENTS

===============

01. VERSION HISTORY

02. COPYRIGHT STATEMENT

03. TERMS OF USE

04. LEGAL DISCLAIMER

05. INSTALLATION

06. REQUIRED ADDONS

07. NOTES

08. CHANGE HISTORY

01. VERSION HISTORY

===================

Version | Date | Notes

0.9.0 | 27/05/07 | Debut Release

1.0.0 | 28/05/07 | CTF Script Fix + Other additions

1.1.0 | 26/07/07 | Fixed for Everon 0.5

02. COPYRIGHT STATEMENT

=======================

This mission is © Jack-UK. All rights reserved.

03. TERMS OF USE

================

This mission (hereafter 'Software'wink_o.gif contains files to be used in the PC CD-ROM simulator "Armed Assault" (hereafter 'ArmA'wink_o.gif. To use the Software you must agree to the following conditions of use:

1. Jack-UK (hereafter 'The Author(s)'wink_o.gif grant to you a personal, non-exclusive license to use the Software.

2. The commercial exploitation of the Software without written permission from The Author(s) is expressly prohibited.

04. LEGAL DISCLAIMER

====================

The Software is distributed without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The Software is not an official addon or tool. Use of the Software (in whole or in part) is entirely at your own risk.

05. INSTALLATION

================

To begin using the Software:

1. Move the file "SW-CTF-St%2ePierre%20RELOADED.ACE_Everon" into the following directory:

\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\MPMissions\

06. REQUIRED ADDONS

===================

To play this mission the following addons are required:

Everon 0.5 ALPHA by Sgt. Ace - http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=64209

07. NOTES

=========

This map is recreated from the original CTF - St. Pierre from OFP. I do not know of the original author of the map and if he/she wishes for credit for the map then feel

free to contact me. Using the beta island at the moment, so it may not look completely pretty, and some of the island objects float slightly, but that is unavoidable

at the moment, once the tools are released i will re-release again so it works with a 1.0 version of Everon smile_o.gif

08. CHANGE HISTORY

==================

Version | Date

0.9.0 | 27/05/07

Debut Release

1.0.0 | 28/05/07

CTF Script Update - Auto Flag Return Fix

Added M113 Wreck

Added Field Hospitals

1.1.0 | 26/07/07

Fixed West Flag Bunker position

Re-released for Everon 0.5 to prevent issues with Alpha.

===========================================

D O W N L O A D

----------------

CLICK HERE

===========================================

Have fun!

Please give me feedback on mistakes from the original and if the original creator of the OFP CTF-St. Pierre wants his credit put on the work then please get in contact as i was unable to find any record of the original owner.

Cheers

Jack-UK

Just put it on our dedy and it reads from bank then goes back to the mission select screen

I have it so that it loads everon as a mod and oth island and map show up in the mission select screen but just wont load the map

any ideas where i,m going wrong?

On another note i can play it fine if i create a game of my pc and one thing i did notice when testing spawn border protection is that the flasg does not auto return after a period of time

Other than that good work dude ;-)

good work. can you provide this map also without fog? :-)

what are you next project?

I have finished "Hernando's Hideaway", "Recaptue Meaux", "Incurus".

Currently I am working on "Gulf of Everon".

Just put it on our dedy and it reads from bank then goes back to the mission select screen

I have it so that it loads everon as a mod and oth island and map show up in the mission select screen but just wont load the map

any ideas where i,m going wrong?

On another note i can play it fine if i create a game of my pc and one thing i did notice when testing spawn border protection is that the flasg does not auto return after a period of time

Other than that good work dude ;-)

Thanks for the heads up about the flag returning bug.. i took the CTF as a template a long while ago so i guess the auto return feature is missing.. i'll look into it and release an update when i get time to fix it.

Im not sure why it doesnt work on your dedicated server though, im completely inexperienced in how to set one up with the appropriate addons.. :S

@ Luemmel: Well the original map had fog and i remember a 'NOFOG' version but i dont think it was very fun due to the amount of view distance, everyone could see everyone due to the size of the map and flag running was much more difficult wink_o.gif If you wish you are welcome to DePBO the map and turn off the fog on the Overview screen.

And i dont know if i will remake any other maps yet, its just this was my favourite map from OFP and i could remember it by memory despite having not played it for like 3 years? or something like that lol. I also haven't got that much time on my hands at the mo, but i will try and make some more maps in the future... at present i need to add the auto return feature somehow.. but im a noob map maker so im gonna have to look into how =D

Cheers for your comments + feedback!

Craig, is your server running 1.05 BETA or 1.07 BETA?

Otherwise it will not allow the island to load... Thats the only issue i can think of.. :S

Hmm not sure what the issue could be then Craig. The map shouldnt be the issue as i tested it online (not an a Dedi tho) and it worked fine, and you had it working yourself :S

-------

UPDATED FIRST POST:

VERSION 1.0 RELEASED

CTF Script UPDATED - Fixed Flag return

Added M113 Wreck from original

Added Med tents at each spawn.

Enjoy smile_o.gif

St. Pierre was supposed to be foggy. I still have the old OFP pbo around somewhere if you want it dissected and ported across as it really was, as opposed to as you remember.

im waiting for a better looking Everon till im making my own retro CTF StPierre.

I have made the last TNT StPierre version in OFP which is still played...lol

but congrats for being the first one who made StPierre for ArmA! wink_o.gif

I am pretty dam slow, but i released the map using Everon 0.5 just incase it wouldnt load using Everon 0.5. This means that the famous fuel station is back, so blow it up at your will =)

Also fixed the west flag bunker which was in a dodgy position in 0.5 due to bushes.

Check first post for new download link should anyone be interested =)