Sign in to follow this  
thegunnysgt

Not alive trigger for group

I have done searches and found some topics about this and have tried what they did but it didn't work for me. I need a trigger that when a group called "spec" is all killed and none are alive the trigger activates and end#1.

Can you help.

Group the trigger to the group leader and set it to whole group not present.

In the trigger, type/paste in the condition line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">("not alive _x" count units spec) == count units spec

It says "count: Type String, expected code" when I hit OK. What is missing or wrong?

Also what does the trigger settings need to be?

In the Activation drop down for the trigger is whole group.

Set it to not present. And the type to end1.

Why would you put code in a trigger when what you want is built in?

It says "count: Type String, expected code" when I hit OK. What is missing or wrong?

Also what does the trigger settings need to be?

My bad sorry, in ArmA the line must be:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">({not alive _x} count units spec) == count units spec

All other settings of the trigger you can leave as default, except the End condition you want to use when the group is dead (End1 or End2 or End3 etc.)

Edit: Of course you can use the way Op4 BuhBye descriped, in the end both solutions work.

The advantage of using the condition line is that you can activate the trigger too when only a given number of units in the group are remaining.

Wolle I dont understand why you are confusing him with code when the basic function he wants is built into the trigger.

Im not saying it wont work or that its a bad idea but he should learn the basics before he complicates stuff with code. Especially when its built in and not needed. I dont even know why you would do it.

Thank you both, I will give it a try.

I know about the Not Present function of the trigger, but in my case it would not work. I have a map that spans a large area with many many friendly units spread about, but only a few are playable. I want to make an end trigger for the playable units, that is activated by their death.

Your new code didn't give me an error when hitting OK, but it did when I previewed it. Basically the same error that was given to me before.

Gunny It will work. Put the trigger down. Hit ok and close it. Click the group function on the right and drag a line from the trigger to the group leader of the group.

Open the trigger back up and set the trigger size to 50000 for both sizes so it covers the entire playing area. Set the activation to any group member not present and the type to end1. I was wrong about whole group. That would end it if 1 member died. This is exactly what you say you need.

Well it didn't give me no errors, but it didn't give me my end briefing that I had set to the end1. And thanks I didn't know I could group triggers with players and have another set of parameters for a trigger.

This is basically the same as W0lle's suggestion but a little shorter.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{alive _X} count (units grp) <= 0

You need to put the name of your group (groupname = group this in the leader's init field will do for giving the group a name) where I used 'grp'.

Though its on the bug list as not working you should put

ForceEnd in the On Activation field of the trigger.

I havent figured out what makes it work and what doesnt but in cirtain conditions it does work (I think). If its not ending from the end1 type, add the forceend and see if that works.

The whole group trigger is backwards from OFP so new ppl will get confused on the dead group thing without using code.

Right now if you select whole group and not present, it triggers when 1 member of the group dies. If you use the "any member" not present, it wont trigger till they all are dead.

Someone got their wires crossed on that one whistle.gif