Sign in to follow this  
johnwilso007

hypothetically ArmA Everything High/V High?

what system would hypothetically run arma with everything on high/Very High?

at the moment i got

Intel Pentium D 3.40 (2CPU)

2048GB Ram

Radeon X1650 512mb

Using XP

i can run everything on normal and low Post processing effects with a decent play rate.

to get the game to run everything on high/V high with a good frame rate would a build like this cut it?

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4ghz)

4096GB Ram

2x Radeon HD X2600

Using Vista

not sure of the pricing of this yet most would depend on the R600 GPUs

or is that a bit too extream?

i think there´s some posts about this already, you can try to use the Search.

BTW, Radeon 2600 isnt R600 chip, its R630. The R600 is Radeon 2900XT.

IMO, 1x29900Xt its better than 2x2600, and 2600 will only be avaiable at end of June or Julhy, 2900 is avaiable now.

Using Vista

try to avoid that one smile_o.gif

Using Vista

Not really, as DX9 Games run better on Vista than XP after upgrading the RAM.

If you have 2GB of RAM, you`re fine to play under Vista.

And don`t forget DX10, you will not get it for WinXP.

Using Vista

Not really, as DX9 Games run better on Vista than XP after upgrading the RAM.

If you have 2GB of RAM, you`re fine to play under Vista.

And don`t forget DX10, you will not get it for WinXP.

Sure, but many stuff on Vista is still very young and in beta-state.

For example, drivers, and stuff like that icon_rolleyes.gif

if i'm honest, i would say don't buy anythink on the marked, as there is no system able to handle ArmA at the full power.

My System is E6700, 8800GTX, 2Gb Corsair and after allmost 6 months of testing, patching, changing, crashing, repairing, i finaly found the right or best possible setup.

Now i overclocked my E6700 from 2.66 to 3.2Mhz and the 8800GTX from 567/900 to 630/1030 and now i can run everythink at very high with postprocessing on 1280x or even 1600x resolution with 2000-4000m VD. Finally it seems to run stable enougth with 30-40 fps and more. i guess it was the 2.66Mgh which really bottlenecked my whole system, now its allmost 30% better and i can even walk into a forest with no visual screenlag

i would wait for the new intel or amd serie and a better DX10 Card to have the full ArmA potention for the next 2-3 years

what system would hypothetically run arma with everything on high/Very High?

at the moment i got

Intel Pentium D 3.40 (2CPU)

2048GB Ram

Radeon X1650 512mb

Using XP

i can run everything on normal and low Post processing effects with a decent play rate.

to get the game to run everything on high/V high with a good frame rate would a build like this cut it?

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4ghz)

4096GB Ram

2x Radeon HD X2600

Using Vista

not sure of the pricing of this yet most would depend on the R600 GPUs

or is that a bit too extream?

It depends on what your Display resolution is. If you want 1900/1200 on a 24in LCD then you will need 8800 ultras overclocked, and an quad X6800 overclocked too, then it will still be low 30s (fps) and high 20s in the trees.

If you play at 1024/768 on CRT, you can us a single card, 8800gtx, or 2900xt with a 6700conroe or fx64_62 and still get 30s and high 20s in the trees.You dont buy a system for a game. You buy a system for your Display_lcd crt... This game is better with 21in CRTs than 21in LCDs.. BECAUSE you can reduce your res on the CRT ( or increase) but not on a LCD with out blurring the display. So you can max your settings by reducing your res.

I have all settings on very high and it runs excellent since the 1.07 hotfix. C2D at 3.2 Ghz and single 8800GTX. I do play "only" at 1280x1024.

I'm closing this based on there is quite a few other threads dealing with hardware, and vista, and performance. Searching for performance will result in many threads of the same topics.