Sign in to follow this  
celery

The Essential DM Collection

I'm in the middle of a project making 8-12 new deathmatch maps for the next release of this collection and I thought why not ask yall what you want to see. I'm open to all suggestions. The concepts can be weird or conventional, small or large, stupid or smart !!!AS LONG!!! as you have to kill everyone. pistols.gif

The new collection already features boats, choppers, jets and chest-mounted super cannons.

If you remember the paintball deathmatch map from OFP, the one that was on the Desert Island. Please add that to your map pack.

It's already been ported to ArmA, but I can make a turbo version of it with weapon options and other features.

A new deathmatch, Wild West, has been tested a few times and apart from a never ending game bug the reception was great. The default weapon is a beefed-up Makarov that resembles the S&W revolver from OFP with its power and ammo capacity. Gunslinging is actually possible now, a turbo scripted pistol is indeed a fearsome and fast weapon.

The next map to see daylight is DM Disco that is so far my most psychedelic and epileptic creation. The maps can be hunted down on various servers before the release of Collection Mk. II.

hahaha sounds great Celery smile_o.gif

I shall go check out the MCY server.. im sure there will be a few new missions on there wink_o.gif

Disco was played online for the first time tonight and it wasn't bad. A polished pre-release version is coming soon when I have fixed it a little bit. Aside from the disco setting the map isn't spectacular, it's like a relaxed Ranch in a bigger area.

Yeah i was lucky enough to play it last night biggrin_o.gif It was great fun, and it really looks like a disco biggrin_o.gif The car is great fun to try and mow someone down.. and if i remember rightly it was invincible biggrin_o.gif

Great map, looking forward to the rest

The next map is Cannon Rage, a deathmatch with tracked vehicles. It's a bit different from what you might expect thanks to a little feature I found in the game. Test version comes online in a day or two. smile_o.gif

In the meantime, here is the latest beta of Disco:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/celery/down/dm_10_disco_v0-91.sara.pbo

I will add more magazines and enhance the cutscenes later on.

Hi Celery, I tried the DM Disco and must say its very nice wink_o.gif but! is there any chance you can make the lights bigger, faster and brighter? more mind blowing lol... Just so its more likely to give you an epileptic fit? tounge2.gif

Also any news on your other missions?

Brighter I can do, but I can't mess with the beat because it's synced with the music right now. Of my new maps Cannon Rage is almost done, next maps will be Cannon Tag, Chopper Rage and Anchor Rage.

What about scrapping that music track and using drum + bass? yay.gif then you can make them faster aswell biggrin_o.gif

Hell no, that track rocks! Leave the dam thing alone :P

pistols.gif

TBH the track is not my sort of music, although it grows on you lol I just thought it might be a good idea to have a faster track and faster lights so more people have fits yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]check out the page id!

Lmfao that's hilarious

Nice pack man!

Anyone interested in a concept where you start as a soldier and as you get more kills during one life, you can "evolve" into a vehicle and then gradually into a stronger one. Let's say you kill three players, now you can become a BRDM. Kill enough and you are a BMP, then T72 and finally M1A1. An aircraft evolution cycle would be possible, too.

What about the same concept except using weapons! start with a pistol and more kills you get you get a better one! But when you get killed then you get degraded down to the last weapon you had before you got an upgrade. Except you stay with the weapon you get even when you respawn untill you die that is.

just a thought.

Anyone interested in a concept where you start as a soldier and as you get more kills during one life, you can "evolve" into a vehicle and then gradually into a stronger one. Let's say you kill three players, now you can become a BRDM. Kill enough and you are a BMP, then T72 and finally M1A1. An aircraft evolution cycle would be possible, too.

Good idea, but it would mean that a player could dominate as they would keep evolving and no-one would be able to keep pace with him as they are overwhelmed by a Abrams or something.. if you know what i mean.

But if everyone spawns with a M136 then i guess it would be pretty balanced thumbs-up.gif

Chopper Rage is now playable on the Gay Bar. I'm not sure if it was just the people playing it or crappy weapon settings, but it wasn't very exciting. You just hover and try to aim with lousy controls.

Hmmm...

Ive just tested Cannon Rage and Chopper Rage wink_o.gif

Cannon Rage is ermm... like you said not what you would expect at all! lol... Its very weird but once you get use to it, its very good and a good laugh biggrin_o.gif

As for Chopper Rage, theres not much you can really do to the mission. But from what ive seen no one has created a Chopper DM yet! Its very simple but fun at the same time, with the right players wink_o.gif

This will make you laugh Celery, most of the members on |J:Ops| think Chopper Rage is your best yet lol.

Keep up the good work matey!

This will make you laugh Celery, most of the members on |J:Ops| think Chopper Rage is your best yet lol.

You were right, that made me laugh. But I don't know if I should take it as a compliment or heavy dissing of all my better maps. crazy_o.gif

I've made some changes to both Rage maps, the next version of Chopper Rage will be located in the vicinity of Paraiso and I added a script that keeps chopper crashes from leveling half of the city. If you prefer the hillside environment to the urban one, just say it!

I would say its a compliment wink_o.gif as we like all the missions.

As for chopper rage, i don't know if it would be to much work but would it be possible to choose if you want it set in parisio or over mountain tops? If it wasn't possible then i would say hill tops as you have quite a few missions based in cities wink_o.gif

cannon rage is a blast for sure! smile_o.gif

chopper rage is way better in the air over Paraiso than on the boring hill side...

looking forward to anchor rage! thumbs-up.gif

cannon rage is a blast for sure! smile_o.gif

chopper rage is way better in the air over Paraiso than on the boring hill side...

looking forward to anchor rage! thumbs-up.gif

It wouldn't be to bad over Paraiso if the buildings were bigger so you can fly in between them yay.gif

On the other hand having over hill tops is good because its a change of scenery.

As for anchor rage what would that involve? obviously boats lol, but what other ideas has he got planned?

Can the boats have NOS? yay.gif