Sign in to follow this  
UnYx

Any scripting command to force cadet mode off?

Up to now, there is a command for setting viewdistance that can make a mission unplayable for low power machines, but as far as I know there's no command to prevent a mission to be played in cadet mode sad_o.gif

Did I miss some command or trick?

If I'm right, would it be possible to have a command looking like :

SetCadet = 0 // turns vet mode on yay.gif

SetCadet = 1 // turns cadet mode on rofl.gif

If there is no way for that, do you know how to disable by script position markers on the map? banghead.gif

I take it you want to get rid of map markers from objects placed in the editor?

I see nothing in stuff about description.ext or thescripting command list that can tell you how to do this. You should take a look too, and see if I missed something.

Other than that, fill in some more details on the problem and hope some more knowledgeable guy will show up wink_o.gif

as far as I know there's no command to prevent a mission to be played in cadet mode sad_o.gif

Did I miss some command or trick?

If you want to force everyone to play on 'Veteran' instead of 'Regualr' on a dedicated server you can copy the settings for 'Veteran' to the 'Regular' settings so both will effectively be 'Veteran' difficulty.

Look in the profile for the server:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Difficulties

{

class regular

{

class Flags

{

Armor=1;

FriendlyTag=0;

EnemyTag=0;

HUD=1;

HUDPerm=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

AutoSpot=1;

Map=1;

WeaponCursor=1;

AutoGuideAT=1;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=1;

Tracers=1;

UltraAI=0;

AutoAim=0;

UnlimitedSaves=1;

};

skillFriendly=0.850000;

skillEnemy=0.600000;

precisionFriendly=0.850000;

precisionEnemy=0.600000;

};

class veteran

{

class Flags

{

HUD=1;

HUDWp=1;

HUDWpPerm=1;

WeaponCursor=1;

ClockIndicator=1;

3rdPersonView=1;

Tracers=1;

UltraAI=0;

};

skillFriendly=0.850000;

skillEnemy=0.750000;

precisionFriendly=0.850000;

precisionEnemy=0.750000;

};

};

and to clear things up on how to get the profiles to work you'll need to add the command lines in your arma_server_shortcut like so:

"-profile=D:\arma\arma" (thats how mine is)

and

"-name=(name of your armaserverprofile.cfg)"

example.. -name=myprofile

or you can use the armatech program , it has a point and click options as long as youve made the folders

so when you do -profile=D:\arma\arma it will make a folder called users in your arma directory...

and when you -name=myprofile it creates a folder inside of the users folder called myprofile and then makes a default cfg file named myprofile , either replace this file or go ahead and make the folders and stick the files in.

i can't tell you how long it took me to figure it out will all the confusing ( mabey bc they are old?) tutorials

what file is the server profile? I am trying to setup a dedicated server and do not know where to save the server profile, i know about server.cfg but the profile is different yes? Also the whole performance tuning, where do you save those at and how do you use them?

shadow posted the basic profile

so follow my instructions.... and the basic point is to put the profile is inside the \arma\users\"myprofile"\ folder

Ok. Where does the profile get created? in the main directory or mydocuments arma folder? If i create a folder users and inside there a folder called myprofile and put a myprofile.armaprofile then in the command line of the server executable i would put -name=myprofile ? would that go after -config=server.cfg ?

Thanks for the explainations.

I am facing the same kind of questions as Ghost644 :

In OFP there was an userinfo.cfg that was used for server settings, but now in arma I can't find where these settings are gone ... registry ?

If I caught what you said, we can create a profile file if we specify where it is. Do you know if there is any page of the wiki about it ?

Make a trigger of type "loose" (or any other end), condition "UnYx_end". Create a file called init.sqf and write this into it:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if cadetMode then

{

hint "Only for veterans!\nMission ends in 3 seconds.";

sleep 3;

UnYx_end = true

}

That's it.

Make a trigger of type "loose" (or any other end), condition "UnYx_end". Create a file called init.sqf and write this into it:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if cadetMode then

{

hint "Only for veterans!\nMission ends in 3 seconds.";

sleep 3;

UnYx_end = true

}

That's it.

You're right, and I'll add some tip telling where to select Regular/Veteran modes : I just recalled that it was selectable in the misson select screen ... banghead.gif (indeed I launched a dedicated on my machine to check: a mission vote result 2 days ago made me doubt ...). For my defense, in regular mode the button reads "Normal" in the french version, which did not specially attract my attention until today (if ever they had written "Cadet" that would have been clearer to my poor brain).

I must have left OFP too long before Arma : I remembered that for some things linked to Cadet/Vet you needed to edit the config file, but I had forgotten that the selection between both is made in the mission select screen whistle.gif.

Now that I recovered some part of my brain ... I just made some tests with the -profiles and -name arguments and finally understood that class Difficulties appeared in the Armaprofile file as soon as you tune it in Arma UI xmas_o.gif The bad point is that as soon as you add -profiles, it creates the directory & the files in it, pistols.gif but loses your former settings (retains only the profile names crazy_o.gif ). If someone knows where it is stored initially, I'm interested, cause I couldn't find it (not even in C:\Documents and Settings\[WINUSER]\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA).

They are stored in the default users folder which is a hidden folder smile_o.gif

In your server config file you can have cadetmode=0; which removes the option for changing mode during MP mission selection.

In your server config file you can have cadetmode=0; which removes the option for changing mode during MP mission selection.

I think that cadetmode=0 only starts the mission up in Veteran mode, if ppl vote admin or mission or an admin picks a mission he can still pick Cadet.

Sure I observed it on my server that the regular/veteran option jsut didn't show

They are stored in the default users folder which is a hidden folder smile_o.gif

May be it gets deleted when you add a -profiles to your command line huh.gif

My "default user" tree has no armaprofile at all; indeed there is none in my entire c:, even in hidden files : a "dir *.armaprofile /s /ah" or "dir *.armaprofile /s" executed in c:\ returns an empty answer.

Gonna have a look at the effect of a cadetmode=0 thx for the tip smile_o.gif