Sign in to follow this  
Deusrexmachina

AirMonster for OpF.

A 30 mm GAU-8/A Avenger Gatling gun on a Thunderbolt is devastating, but how would it be with four, or six of 'em on one plane?

This it purely a fantasy A10, but since there are ADDON makers who manage perfectly well in their works, I wonder if anyone can make two kinds of A10s, one with four Gatlings under the cockpit like this (front view)

O O

O O

and the other with six (two per wing, and two under the pilot),

OO OO OO

Would be interesting to see the plane slow down and then fly in the opposite direction from too much firepower when firing more than 10 seconds. *grins*

I don't recall seeing this kind of weaponry in a game, but can be very wrong. Think anyone could do this AirMonster?

I think maybe fitting the GAU-8 under wings could be doable, but that 4-in-the-nose setup is just not feasible, would definitely look too irrealistic... no place for the pilot! But under the wings it would make an awesome gunship, it would be like a battlefield anti-tank sweeper... But, to keep the addon at barely feasible levels, maybe only 4 GAU-8's, two under each wing... besides the one in the nose of course. Firing all simultaneously should provide the A-10 with short-stall and immediate-airbrake capability! rofl.gif

Hehe, I know that that kind of airship can't be done in real life (or quite highly improbable anyone would do that), you've to also consider the ammo's bulk.

I came up with this idea after shortly viewing a cartoon on YouTube (Transformers or similar), one of 'em was a futuristic A10 and has two laserguns on it's nose, aside the nuclear bazookas on it's wings o_O , so I thought, why not make something more unreasonable?

I would stick more with the four-gunned version as too much stress on the wings will tear it apart. But maybe in OpF this won't happen. Plus, the pilot would love the heat while flyin' in winter. xmas_o.gif

BUZZARD @ May 13 2007,15:40)]Firing all simultaneously should provide the A-10 with short-stall and immediate-airbrake capability! rofl.gif

Or if you fire for way too much time the A10 will swoosh around the sky like a balloon and splat on the ground.

24.gif

ive onced slapped the m113 vulcan gatling guns to the sides of the nose of the a10

looked fearsome XD

I just remembered one thing... OFP doesn't allow more than one tracer source, so it wouldn't look realistic in terms of firing... banghead.gif

Well, that works for the "firing guns" visuals I guess, but as for tracer lines, there's only 1 possible in OFP, or am I wrong there? I've seen workarounds where guns were modeled like rockets so that they'd look more realistically (see AiA's Messerschmitt 109 for instance) - but then again one could say that those other GAU-8's just wouldn't fire tracer rounds so their fire would be invisible... problem solved! tounge2.gif Spot on, Nephilim! thumbs-up.gif

Check ORCS Shilka... I think they got the quad effect.

I guess you could just make the tracer look like it's 5 tracers (especially on the "nose 4" variant if it's done), which would simulate the effect of all of them firing at the same time. Or is there some limitation for tracer size?

ive onced slapped the m113 vulcan gatling guns to the sides of the nose of the a10

looked fearsome XD

You... think you could make it? Or at least upload your two Gatling version?

And what bullets did you use, laserguidedbombs? bigsmilebigeye.gif 25 shots per second!? EEEEEEEK!! Imagine with 4 Gatlings, or 6: 100 or 150 shots in a second. wow_o.gif

well you could make it entirely ridiculous and mount some more vulcans under the wings

but by then the warthog would be flying backwards due the recoil XD

There was an ADDON that cracked me up: an M60 (machine gun, not the tank) that fires laserguidedbombs. I think playing a silly deathmatch with only that weapon available is purely hilarious: you can't shoot too closely as you'll explode as well, so gotta backup, backup, backup at a safety distan... BOOOOOOOM, the third guy blew you and your target AND himself together with the forest around him, har har. yay.gif

Anyhoo, AirMonster doesn't need laserguidedbombs, perhaps shell105 is enough. ^_^

you do know that the GAU-8 is about 1/3 the length of the A10?

the berrals are 6 meters long, not counting the rest of the beast.

you do know that the GAU-8 is about 1/3 the length of the A10?

the berrals are 6 meters long, not counting the rest of the beast.

Yessir I do, and I've also specified from the first post that this is a fantasy airplane, like all them fantasy ADDONs with Mechwarriors and Star Wars Mod. I'm simply very curious to see it's gigantic firepower, and stopping air-brake capability. biggrin_o.gif