Sign in to follow this  
nastros

world war 1

everyone keeps talking about how there making world war 2 mods but is anyone actually working on a world war 1 mod because if they arent i might think of making one myself

so if anyone is working on this mod or anyone wants this mod

post here

sorry about the double post think my computer might be a little messed up or something

Two main reasons why I don't think you see much mention of The Great War in this community:

1. On the whole there arn't much tactics invloved. Run towards machine guns / gun down troops running towards you.

2. Implementing good trenches would invlove either a complex work around, which are always best avoided, or altering the terrain, which wouldnt be very detailed.

I'm sure a good mod could be gouged out of this theatre of war, but it'd take a lot more effort than your standard WW2 mod, which ArmA seems very well suited for.

Daniel @ May 12 2007,19:03)]Two main reasons why I don't think you see much mention of The Great War in this community:

1. On the whole there arn't much tactics invloved. Run towards machine guns / gun down troops running towards you.

2. Implementing good trenches would invlove either a complex work around, which are always best avoided, or altering the terrain, which wouldnt be very detailed.

I'm sure a good mod could be gouged out of this theatre of war, but it'd take a lot more effort than your standard WW2 mod, which ArmA seems very well suited for.

There were also quite a few free flowing battles such as Palenstine and OFP has shown us that horses can be used.

I reakon take a shot at it.

Also personally it may be better to map the trench into the map

There is already 2 WWI planes in ArmA: the Sopwith Camels smile_o.gif

As mentioned before, I think if the mod were set in first campaings of 1914, the German offensive and the enete counterattack in 1918, or Allenby's offsenive in Egypt and Palestine in 1917(?)/1918 when it would only be as hard as a WWII mod, hopefully.

i would love to see a world war 1 mod. it would be a lot harder to survive especially seeing as you have a bolt action and ur enemy has the mg. good luck mate.

Hello comrades i am making a ww1 aircraft mod that shall be called "Burning Skies" and will be a total conversion. I will make its own section when i have something decent to show. Im the only one whom is working on the project as of yet.

here are some early wip pics of what ive been working on.

Edited faces

www.hitori.freehostingnow.com/faces.jpg

Mod menu

www.hitori.freehostingnow.com/menu3.jpg

Flak "archie" test

www.hitori.freehostingnow.com/flak.jpg

- Hitori Kyo

Daniel @ May 12 2007,19:03)]1. On the whole there arn't much tactics invloved. Run towards machine guns / gun down troops running towards you.

You don't know much of WWI. Ever heard of Trench Raids? Forest battles? Lots of interesting events of WWI.

Nice work Hitori kyo flak effects looking nice though I don't really think they had that many AA guns during WW1 proably more suited to a WW2 situation.

A Great War (trench) mod would actually have plenty

to offer (the "stumbling towards the Emma Gees across

no-man's land" stuff is a bit of an oversimplification) and

I'd love to see one. I considered it for a while but

eventually and reluctantly shied away from it because of

the insuperable problem of making decent trench systems

in ArmA (and making AI men able to operate in them).

If anyone does have any idea how to make good

trenches in Arma I'd be very interested to hear about it.