Sign in to follow this  
Satchel

"Dynamic Range" OFP Soundreplacement out now!

This Sound replacement package will replace pretty much all standard OFP sounds with 264 highly realistic samples of  

actual real world weapons, vehicles and equipment. In addition it adds sounds to some actions that were without sound before.

Here just a few of the highlights:

- New movement sounds in 1st Person depending on soldier class and equipment carried.

- New action sounds

- New custom reticule

- Realistic weapon-, explosion-, movement- and vehicle sounds

- Multiple explosion effects for AP,HE projectiles, handgrenades and rockets

- Multiple Ricochet effects

dynamicrange.jpg

Sites that are hosting the Soundpack currently:

http://www.operationflashpoint.it

http://www.rashbanor.neostrada.pl/DynamicRange.zip

Thanks to Breaker and RashbaNor smile.gif.

OMG! I have waited for this for a long time now! Thank you very much, I'll have it in 30 mins smile.gif

Great job Satchel!

OFPN is working on a FilePlanet mirror aswell smile.gif

Bravo! This is great, no more of the weak M60/AK popgun sound. I spent 30mins just playing around to find the new sounds. New autocannon sounds for the Helos are great, same for the shilka. Hot engagements are great, all those GMPs opening up and the new ricochetes landing around really bring a new mood to the game.

thanks you thank you thanks you thank you thanks you thank you thanks you thank you thanks you thank you thanks you thank you thanks you thank you thanks you thank you thanks you thank you thanks you thank you thanks you thank you thanks you thank you thanks you thank you thanks you thank you thanks you thank you thanks you thank you thanks you thank you thanks you thank you thanks you thank you !!!!!

ermm...i forgot to say thanks

14MB?! Satchel, I thought it was supposed to be bigger than this... Did you somehow compress them like you said in your old replies?

The uncompressed size (.wav) is about 37mb large, all sounds are in .ogg format, what makes the download size acceptable.

Think real hard before installing this!

First of all, the sounds didn't work at all for me - the volume, stereo placement and general character of the sounds where completely FUBAR! It also made many things completely silent, like choppers had no sound at all. I followed the instructions and disabled HW acc, but it was still completely screwed up.

The few sounds that did work where not better than the original ones, simply different. In many places they didn't fit at all, so when firing a shitload of Zuni's, only a few of them would make a sound on impact.

Even sounds added for other addons where screwed up in volume, etc.

All radio speech was completely silent too.

Furthermore, it adds other stuff, like a ghastly looking cursor.

Then it came to getting rid of the bugger - well, I put my original BIN folder back again, but all my OFP sounds are still FUCKED UP.

Now I have to fucking reinstall OFP because of this addon.

My review: save your time, both regarding downloading this and reinstalling OFP after it's been fucked up.

Sad but true.

Now I'll go back to reinstalling, grrrrrrr. mad.gif

EXCELLENT,,, but can you get rid of the new aiming recticle, it just doesnt work for me!!!!!1

can it be done without getting rid of the sounds??

GREAT WORK ANYWAY!!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

First of all, the sounds didn't work at all for me - the volume, stereo placement and general character of the sounds where completely FUBAR! It also made many things completely silent, like choppers had no sound at all. I followed the instructions and disabled HW acc, but it was still completely screwed up.

<span id='postcolor'>

First make sure there is only 1! config.cpp (.bin) in your Flashpoint\BIN folder and that is the config.cpp that comes with the package.

I just made sure i don´t tell you BS, as there could have been something went wrong during the .zip process (packing wrong files, or corrupt ones), that gives problems...but there isn´t a problem i can verify here on my machine, i unzipped the files into the according folders and everything works like it should.

I can´t reproduce silent choppers, nor something wrong with the "stereo" placement or loudness.

Maybe you have another addon running that gives you trouble when using the sounds?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The few sounds that did work where not better than the original ones, simply different. In many places they didn't fit at all, so when firing a shitload of Zuni's, only a few of them would make a sound on impact.

<span id='postcolor'>

All weapon sounds for assault rifles and machine guns are sampled out of videos, wonder what could be wrong with them. Contact me via e-mail and i´ll send you some video clips on the weapons i used and you tell me how close the sounds are wink.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Even sounds added for other addons where screwed up in volume, etc.

All radio speech was completely silent too.<span id='postcolor'>

I can´t verify this, i hear the orig OFP voices as always.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Furthermore, it adds other stuff, like a ghastly looking cursor.

<span id='postcolor'>

Good people, i asked for implementation whether or not to implement the new weapon cursor, most of the people said "yes, its looking good", for that i have to say if you are running OFP in low Lods and with blurry graphics anyway, the cursor will looklike shit too, as your general graphics.

It should look like this:

reticule.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Then it came to getting rid of the bugger - well, I put my original BIN folder back again, but all my OFP sounds are still FUCKED UP.

<span id='postcolor'>

I tested this, i reverted back to OFP´s standard sounds, without problems.

try the soundpack after a clean install, it maybe another addon doesn´t go well alongside the dynamic range soundpack. The Jungle Addon for example somehow affected  terrain properties on all islands for me, when i drove over roads on Malden a.e. it was like driving through terrain with a huge dustcloud, there were also footsteps for sand when walking on roads. There was also another mod that didn´t go along the first soundmod, similar case.

... There's no possible way this addon can mess up ANYTHING... If somehow you "are" having problems, then just delete the files...

Also, Satchel recommends to run this WITHOUT hardware acceleration, and EAX... RIGHT?! smile.gif

"for that i have to say if you are running OFP in low Lods and with blurry graphics anyway, the cursor will looklike shit too, as your general graphics."

OK, so running OFP in 1600*1200*32 isn't highres enough?

BTW, I've reinstalled OFP now, and the sound is still fucked up! Infact, ALL sounds on my computer are FUCKED UP after installing this addon - I've never EVER had any problems with my sounds before. The volume is waaay down and all sounds are "twisted" somehow.

Now I probably have to reinstall my fucking OS, including 100+ pieces of software again. Great!

IS THERE ANY WAY TO REMOVE THE NEW AIMING RECTICLE WITHOUT LOSING THE SOUNDS,,

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

"IS THERE ANY WAY TO REMOVE THE NEW AIMING RECTICLE   WITHOUT LOSING THE SOUNDS,,

"

if you don´t want the reticule (which is excellent imho), use this config.cpp instead.

Ok, satchel!!!

Got any ADVICE on how I can get my SOUND to work again after trying this addon?confused.gif ALL sound on my PC is fucked up right after trying this addon, so it cannot be anything else causing it!

My sounds are very low (yes, I HAVE tried the volume setting) and very "thin" and dithering.

I'll never again download anything that fucks with bins and configs, that's for sure!

Satchel,...many, MANY thanks for your hard work and time spent! I just love the new sounds. The M-60;..omg... smile.gif

No problems or distorted sound here after installation; everythings fine.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, satchel!!!

Got any ADVICE on how I can get my SOUND to work again after trying this addon?confused.gif ALL sound on my PC is fucked up right after trying this addon, so it cannot be anything else causing it!

My sounds are very low (yes, I HAVE tried the volume setting) and very "thin" and dithering.

I'll never again download anything that fucks with bins and configs, that's for sure!<span id='postcolor'>

I have got no clue what is going wrong with your system, by now more than 50 ppl should have the soundmod, you´re the first one with such "spectacular" problems, i know of no similar case.

As it could be anything, which must not be in relation to the soundmod, hard to give any advice.

The only thing i was not sure about was the .ogg file format when converting; i was afraid of quality loss, heavier CPU usage or other playback problems. After finding the Bug with short soundclips in the OGG vorbis converter, there was also a workaround, as i discribed in the other thread, and it worked out.

The difference now between .wav and .ogg is hardly noticed in the game, but ogg saves more than 50%, so i used this instead of .wav. That was the only point of concern for the soundmod in technical hindsight.