Sign in to follow this  
kvdd

Kicked or banned off the server

Most of the "HOLD" Berzerker server I join, i get the message that i have been kicked, how can this be?

Not all of course, but what are I am doing wrong?? banghead.gif

Thanks before smile_o.gif

kvdd

Maybe you have been banned, bad connection, or the server has been locked by the admin to stop more people joining.

It does this to me on OFP when I don't use the correct mod for the server!

Yes, if you have a custom face or custom sound files, just drag and drop them out of your profile folder and you should be allowed to join.

Yes, if you have a custom face or custom sound files, just drag and drop them out of your profile folder and you should be allowed to join.

Many thanks, I think you are right, but where is my profile folder?

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\ArmA?? <running vista>

I do not see a profile or something, just a <my-game-name>.ArmAProfile, delete that?

I do not see a profile or something, just a <my-game-name>.ArmAProfile, delete that?

Don't delete anything there if you didn't know where your profile is in the first place. The servers you are trying to connect to are locked, that's why there is an automatic kick message.

Don't delete anything there if you didn't know where your profile is in the first place.

They give me the hint to delete something, i ask: what and where must i delete that.

Quote[/b] ]

The servers you are trying to connect to are locked, that's why there is an automatic kick message.

I get this not always, if I try the same server 5 minutes later, I have the chance that I can join it.

So, if anyone knows how to help this, pls say it! wink_o.gif

C:/My Documents/ArmA Other Profiles/<profile name>/

Remove a folder called "sounds" or a the custom face folder (i don't use custom faces, so not sure where they are contained.

DO NOT delete the "missions" "saved" "mpmissions" "user saved" folders, and DO NOT delete the "<username>.armaprofile".

*To Celery: Just because it says that doesn't mean that thats the only option. You recieve the "Kicked off" message if u have any custom files larger than the server allows.

Cam51: Thank you, now i know what to delete and where. But there are no custom faces or other things. Im feeling myself noob-like confused_o.gif

In other words, that was not the problem. Ive try'd to contact the admins of the server by mail, but no reply at all.

I got in some servers the message "You are banned" on my screen.

Server admins often lock the server when number of players get high (it saves server's CPU and bandwidth and provides better game for players, less desynch and lag).

But eventually, some players disconnect, more and more, and at some point, often, server admin will re-open the server to get more people in game.

That may explain why you can join after a while.

Tip to BI : Could we have a flag in the server list indicating the server has been locked? Or a more explicit message than "you have been kicked" when trying to connect on a locked server, because it is not really informative. Worse, it is the wrong message, as I'm not "kicked", but simply not even allowed to connect.

*To Celery: Just because it says that doesn't mean that thats the only option. You recieve the "Kicked off" message if u have any custom files larger than the server allows.

The chances of a player having custom files is pretty thin if he doesn't know where they are put in the first place.

Unless he has a face pack of course but that would require deletion of a pbo file in the addons folder.