Sign in to follow this  
Campbell

system specs

i just odered the game. have amd 2.2 gig 1.5 gig memory and have 7200 rpm harddrive 120gb and bgf 6600 OC card. will the game play good on this system??? help.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

i just odered the game. have amd 2.2 gig 1.5 gig memory and have 7200 rpm harddrive 120gb and bgf 6600 OC card. will the game play good on this system??? help.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Not with that outdated GPU.

It will work. I play on 1.4 GHz, 768 MB RAM and GF 6600 GT 128 MB VRAM. It can get slow at times but in general it is playable. Just don't expect to be able to use the highest settings.

you can get a 7600 for about £60/$120 which is actually a nice card

but a 6600 should be a nice safe card for ArmA

Look at my sig... ArmA "1.05" runs pretty sluggish with my setup.

If you are gonna enjoy the visual aspect of ArmA, atleast get a Geforce 7600GT or better.

-------------------

Here is a recommended system for ArmA:

-CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo / AMD Athlon 64 X2 "Socket AM2"

-RAM: 2GB DDR2

-GPU: Geforce 7950GT (Most stabile card for ArmA, at the moment.)*

*The 8800 Series are off course better, but many folks experiences trouble/unstability with ArmA.

ArmA Patches and Nvidia Drivers will solve the issues, I hope.... confused_o.gif

the 8800s are alright at the minute, i just get the occasional LOD bug and for some reason the price for an 8800 and DDR2 memory is dropping fairly quickly atm

i have 6600 oc in a agp slot what card can i upgrade to??? banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif

Hey, I've got a Ga-945P-S3 mobo, P4 3.0 ghz, 2.5 GB ram, SB value SC and a GA 7600GT 256 MB. Besides for getting a BSOD every once in a while (Which I think the video is to blame, and not while playing ArmA), my rig runs fine, res is good, most of the settings are on normal, and the only time I get stuttering is when I play MP. I bought this rig for this game anyway, so I came to the party prepared. But to Campbell, as long its AGPx8, you should be able to find a 7600GT for yourself, saw one at my computer shop for about $210 AUD.

Just find a web based computer shop or just search you white / yellow pages and ask. Be a bargain hunter and shop around. Bound to find one sooner or later.

Later.

i found a Xfx 7600gt 256mb ddr3 and a bgf 7800 gs 256 mb ddr3. witch one is the best one core colck is higher than the other. in a 8Xagp slot?

i have 6600 oc in a agp slot what card can i upgrade to??? banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif

This is the fastest AGP Card at the moment: Nvidia GeForce 7950GT 512MB GDDR3. smile_o.gif

EDIT:

I didn't see your post above, Campbell. rofl.gif

Well in that case go for the XFX Version. It's a better brand and is many times "Factory" Overclocked. wink_o.gif This one: XFX Nvidia GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3, 580/1500Mhz.

i just odered the game. have amd 2.2 gig 1.5 gig memory and have 7200 rpm harddrive 120gb and bgf 6600 OC card. will the game play good on this system??? help.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

I use to run ArmA on that system ... it runs fine ... just looks hideous crazy_o.gif

I have 6600GT 128mb, Athlon XP 3000+, 1.5GB RAM and nothing os Overclocked. Pretty basic machine in today's standards but as long as I have shadows off I can run medium to low settings in 1280x1024 and it is very playable even in forrests. If I turn shadows on even to low I lose about 50% of my frame rate.

So turn shadows off and mess around with the resolution and you'll be fine.

systems sepcs amd 2.2 3200  barton bgf 6600oc agp 128mb 7200 hd 120 mb and sounddlaster gamer card dvd cr/rw and dvd /rw montior 19inch crt asus mb a7n8x deluxe. played game locks up and set video quilty to ver low and can play 1 hour and still locks ups oe freezese up?huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif? check all drivers  i think they up to date help please!!!i found a Xfx 7600gt 256mb ddr3 and a bgf 7800 gs 256 mb ddr3. witch one is the best one core colck is higher than the other. in a 8Xagp slot? will this help game will play when i lower settings on video card?huh.gif/ banghead.gif  banghead.gif  help.gif  help.gif  banghead.gif

I found a Xfx 7600gt 256mb ddr3 and a bgf 7800 gs 256 mb ddr3. witch one is the best one core colck is higher than the other. in a 8Xagp slot? will this help game will play when i lower settings on video card?huh.gif

Can't you check the specs on the Videocards you have found though...? huh.gif

Anyway why don't you get one of these two: XFX GeForce 7950GT 512MB GDDR3 or XFX GeForce 7900GS 256MB GDDR3

But overall in my opinion, Save up money for a new system. The AGP is getting old. wink_o.gif

video card in the specs what is the most importon thing to look for core clock or ect? and whats wrong with a BGF card?

hi and thanks for youer help. what would be a good new amd system for tihs game for 1500 us or 1800 us $ for a new comupter?huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gifcrazy_o.gifwelcome.gifbiggrin_o.gif

If you're on a budget, and your 'old' rig isn't _that_ old, keep as much as you can: Monitor, HDDs, Case,... Mouse & keyboard! Check Power Supply capacity though, newer GPUs eat a lot.

Keeping HDDs is the best way to migrate for sure, no data lost... I did twice, keeping my "home" HDD & buying 1 new OS HDD alongside new MoBo & such, I still have my emails back from '99 smile_o.gif

Now for my Hardware Question: it seems that when ArmA specs started to be published, dual-cores were not ubiquitous.

- Is there any sense in buying a dual-core ?

- What'd be the minimal/recomended speeds ?

firefoxlover.gif

Cheers