Sign in to follow this  
wamp

Two small problems with 1.06 (help)

I love this game but I am encountering two small multiplayer related problems. I have searched this forum till my eyes were nearly bleeding and all over the net for a solution.

1. I cannot see any servers (any version) in the ingame server browser. The only way I can connect is by using a third party program (Qtracker). With the demo I was able to see all servers just fine though.

2. Once connected to a game I can play fine for about five minutes before I begin getting either "no messages recieved" or red chain with massive desync.

I have tried ublocking all ports listed in the readme, turned off firewall, anti-virus. Deleted the arma multiplayer cache and just about any other solution except for deleting the c:windows/windows32/drivers folder listed on the wiki troubleshooting thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I guess no one knows of a fix at all? huh.gif

I cant even connect to a server by using the remote IP option in the browser

are u sure ur connecting to servers, that are using 1.6 version???

I am positive, I am able to connect to them using third party programs that launch Arma, but I cannot see a single server using the actual ingame browser. I have unbloced dozens of ports, turned off my firewall, and even reinstalled deleting everything arma related in the registry etc.

some ppl have problems with nforce based motherboards, and the built-in firewall in them.

allso u would wanna go thru some spyware checks.

this may sound really dumb...

but I mightas well say it just incase...

did you chek the filter?

Definitely check to make sure you are searching for Internet games and not LAN games.

Check your filter.

Make sure you have opened the appropriate ports in all of your firewalls.

Also check for spyware.

lol ya I checked to make sure I was not just overlooking anything. The filter was set to default and I am searching for internet games though. I do have a nforce motherboard though. Although I have all the ports listed in the readme opened.

u might want to check the options in device manager--nforce network controller, if it has options u want to disable/enable, I myself havent touched 'em but seen ppl posting some problem conserning the nforce built-in firewall.

Checked it out but no option to disable it or not :/

It is weird because when I had the demo installed I was able to see servers fine. Thanks for all your help though Puma

I had this problem when I was running uTorrent while checking the ingame server browser.

No servers showed up and the game 'hanged' for about 2 min.

Try to shut down all unnecessary processes before you start ArmA.

Wamp:

To disable the onboard lan thing in the nForce... go into the BIOS and look in there for the onboard lan, you should then be able to enable/disable it

Will hopefully fix ur problem!

Its hard for the majority of people to help you as the majority (outside the US) are still on 1.05 patch as there isnt a 1.05 - 1.06 patch yet.

Its hard for the majority of people to help you as the majority (outside the US) are still on 1.05 patch as there isnt a 1.05  - 1.06 patch yet.

And there won't be any since we'll go from 1.05 to 1.07

wink_o.gif

Thanks for all the suggestions gents, I will try bios one after work. I tried stopping all process's to no avail also. Luckily I am still able to see some 1.06 servers using qtracker and had a great time with some guys playing Evolution. Hopefully once 1.07 comes out it will fix the problem.