Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

1st Infantry Division

Well Cam, if you get really stumped, you could always master the moment and get one posted out to you. tounge2.gif

Sure it wouldn't be too hard to find.

Priceless.

But, if your new ACU units are better than the current ones, will it be worth upgrading my mobo?

Looking forward to both when they come.

Keep up the good work dude!

P.S.

And if you have had the last three,, and the next two days off,

I don't blame you.

The Test Match in Syd is the best cricket I've seen in a LONG time!

Well Cam, if you get really stumped, you could always master the moment and get one posted out to you. tounge2.gif

Sure it wouldn't be too hard to find.

Priceless.

But, if your new ACU units are better than the current ones, will it be worth upgrading my mobo?

Looking forward to both when they come.

Keep up the good work dude!

P.S.

And if you have had the last three,, and the next two days off,

I don't blame you.

The Test Match in Syd is the best cricket I've seen in a LONG time!

The new units should have no appreciable affect on game performance, nor should upgrading your motherboard improve graphics performance.

I'm back again - thanks for all the pictures, especially Navy-Dude and Pauliesss, really good help. I might be overreacting, but I'm fairly sure I've nailed the texture colour, finally, that peculiar shade of green-blue-grey-yellowish that ACU is.

It's almost uncanny - you run past and think, "Nah, looks blue." Then you see the bloke stop, and you think, "Nah, definitely grey." Then he turns into the sun and you think, "Actually... looks kinda green."

I'll whack a screenie up once I've got the normal maps under control; they're rather...wrong at the moment.

Other good news is that I'll be able to provide a crapload of variety in this addon as long as I don't accidentally flatten a PSD again, which should be good for the variety buffs out there.

Should I get time, I also plan to knock heads with certain modellers concerning name tag support and a better NOD model... but this is a long way off yet.

Be happy that I'm currently EXTREMELY motivated and have a lot of spare time on my hands. smile_o.gif

US-Navy-Dude - what exactly are you having trouble with concerning animations?

Hey Cam, check your messenger, there is also my second pack, there are some photos which I took at day light. wink_o.gif

Put it in a waypoint or trigger, like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">soldiersname playmove "AmovDonwan_etc_etc"

or another way (for immediate switch to the anim without 'transitions'wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]soldiersname switchmove "AmovDonWan_etc_etc"

Did I perhaps misunderstand what you were trying to do? Animations are the movement sequences that cause a soldier to act out a specific animation...like the Kung-Fu animation...I was never able to find a tutorial. With the information above you should be able to make them work though...

1. You have the animation name wrong. Usually they are something to the effect of AmovDonWonLtspPercLfDnon ...something messed up like that.

2. You didn't put the soldier's name in the first part. If the soldiers name is Dude1 then type in dude1 where soldiersname is in the code. Make sure you put the correct animation name in...make sure you put the animations name in double brackets " and make sure you put the whole line a waypoint's Activation line.

For example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">insurg1 switchMove "AinvPknlMstpSlayWrflDnon"

would make a soldier named INSURG1 crouch over, kinda like a medic anim.

Dont forget to create that soldier and put INSURG1 in the name field first as well (obvious, but still a potential problem).

US-Navy-Dude, I sent you a PM, but it looks like those great gents did a good job before me wink_o.gif

Rock on. And hey, if you have a list of those animation names, that you could slam out without any grandeur necessary, you'd prolly make alot of people happy biggrin_o.gif (myself included)

Howdy, I'm working on them. The biggest hurdle is making a face EXACTLY on the nametape's position, but if I can get that implemented, the rest (including face replacements) should be a piece of cake. It will be necessary, if I get it done, to add a customised bit of picture into your face.jpg file, but, as I mention, this is piss in comparison. smile_o.gif Work continues.

Keep up the good work!

At this speed, you will complete the pack right in time for ArmA 2 wink_o.gif

Zadoff1880: I am not sure but Ive been watching your posts for a while and most of them are provocative or have provocative character.

I think Cameron is working on the units in his free time. I dont say that I wont be happy if the release will be in the next days, but I can wait for the release for months...so please, spare us your provocative posts.

Oh, and sorry for my english. wink_o.gif

I lol'ed @that Armavidz, cammy keep up the good work looks effing stunning.

I don't know why people are complaining about the length of time they are waiting for your work. It was nearly two years before we got fully custom infantry models in OFP. biggrin_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif

I lol'ed @that Armavidz, cammy keep up the good work looks effing stunning.

I don't know why people are complaining about the length of time they are waiting for your work. It was nearly two years before we got fully custom infantry models in OFP. biggrin_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif

I lol'd too. It seems some people dont know that folks do addon and mission making as a hobby. Anyways, keep up the good work Cam, you've came along way since your DSAI addon.

I think Cameron is working on the units in his free time.

Quite the contrary. This is what he does for a living!

...I wish. Sadly, other things take up a lot of time in the holidays. But I am getting there.

And thanks for that picture Rabbity, every little bit helps.

Zadoff1880: I am not sure but Ive been watching your posts for a while and most of them are provocative or have provocative character.

I think Cameron is working on the units in his free time. I dont say that I wont be happy if the release will be in the next days, but I can wait for the release for months...so please, spare us your provocative posts.

Oh, and sorry for my english.  wink_o.gif

So did Laser - in his free time.

Why have u been watching my posts?

R u a stalker? smile_o.gif

Zadoff1880

Seems your new hobby is trolling, first and last verbal warning. Knock it off or you will find yourself with a WL and a PR.

Thankyou.

I think Cameron is working on the units in his free time.

Quite the contrary. This is what he does for a living!

Yeah, I know. biggrin_o.gif