Sign in to follow this  
ejanvi

How do you do the side roll move???

Was behind somebody the other day, and he was doing that side roll... I.e. when lying on the ground (prone position), moving side ays by rolling over.

Very impressive and quite nice.

Looked everywhere in manual and list of commands, but could not find it... Not A/Q - D...

Anybody knows?

Thanks

The 1st person effect is funny, like your neck twists 360 degrees to keep the view stable.

hello,

as usual, slightly OT:

dunno if this is correct or not, but when under fire, rolling gets me out of trouble most times. Whereas when  moving/crawling I'll get hit.

Perhaps I've been lucky, but if im under fire over distance im a rollin'.

Can anyone else confirm benefits of rolling vs crawling when under incoming?

Rgds

LoK

The 1st person effect is funny, like your neck twists 360 degrees to keep the view stable.

Well, no, it just doesn't make the screen rotate so you don't get so disorientated. They do have it correct when they make it so your view doesn't go all angular when you're leaning. If you tilt your head from side to side you don't really notice the world going off-kilter... at least I don't. I do agree that it's a little weird when you roll around, though.

that's kind of funny; to be honest, I never really noticed anything weird about the head direction on the roll at all - i think it's still kind of instinctual to sort of blank out whenever your brain can't integrate it's view so head spinning isn't really that noticeable when rolling in real life either :\

Yeah, it may be a concern for people who have no inner ear or something.

mad_o.gif I find your comment dicriminating against people who don't have gyroscopic eye balls or something. It's realistic for leaning but my view certainly doesn't stay upright during the whole turn when I roll while looking forwards in real life. It should be a bit disorienting in-game too. mad_o.gif

I suggest everyone finds a large space in their house or yard and start rolling sideways.

mad_o.gif I find your comment dicriminating against people who don't have gyroscopic eye balls or something. It's realistic for leaning but my view certainly doesn't stay upright during the whole turn when I roll while looking forwards in real life. It should be a bit disorienting in-game too. mad_o.gif

You should write a letter to the human rights commission! This disregard for the people without gyroscopic eyeballs cannot stand! People without gyroscopic eyes should be free to stare at you with their googly, off-kilter peepers, undefamed and with dignity!

I do think that there should be something for the rolling, though... if not a quick roll upside down which is held for a second then a quick roll right side up.