Sign in to follow this  
DavidBeoulve

Duh, maximum players is 32 or 64?

A friend of mine asked me and I couldn't find that information. I got him hooked on ArmA after talking about OFP for a year - he's a convert from the Battlefield series.

There can be over 100 players. Maybe more, depending on how good the Server is.

maxplayers depends on 2 things:-

1:- Number of playable slots the map maker has set

2:- Number of players the server can actually cope with.

Operation Flashpoint's record was something about 130 or 150 players so you see that here isn't any limit.

Once the servers get their multi core support i'd reckon we'd have WW3 running on a server hehehe

god yes. :-) really hoping itll make a big diffrence

If I'm not mistaken most server currently are crashing when reaching around 70 players, though.

I hope the Linux dedi implementation won't suffer from this (and of course that it will be properly multithreaded smile_o.gif )

You can sustain 70 players for like 30 minutes assuming they arent doing anything and assuming that your mission has no scripts.

On normal coop missions you can get around 60 players sustained for around an hour. However if you run missions for over that, you are really limited to <50 players.

Our mission is nothing special but after 3 hours is really craps out.

I agree with whoever said that when(if?) multi-core compatibility comes out it will increase performance, but they need to tweak the single core version as well. Something is jacked.