Sign in to follow this  
snkman

How about North Sahrani?

Well in the demo and as addon we have Southern Sahrani so what would be wrong if we could have the north of Sahrani as a single Map too? biggrin_o.gif

I think this would be very cool becouse many Guy's like the North much more than the South.

Well you got the North in arma already so what benefit would you have?

Due to the streaming i think a smaller North only island wouldnt bring a big - if any - performance boost.

Oh yes I see what you mean... but I think you gain nothing as ArmA will load the island on-demand and not all at once. You gain nothing performance-wise.

Just to add, if such an addon is made it is completely mad if for only the purpose of splitting the island and not doing anything else to it, as you would only create an annoying situation where players would need to download your "special" island and gain nothing as a result compared to just using the original Sara island for your missions.

i think he might be talking more about the demo showing North Sahrani instead of South.

Some people would prefer the northern environment than the deserty-iraq-tropical south.

I hate playing in deserts but bought Arma anyways only to find a beautiful side of the island that's 3 times bigger than the south.

But in any case i dont think we could do anything about a new demo now. May 1st is about a week and a half away.

I think he already has the full version and is not waiting for the U.S. release... he's not talking about what he wants into the demo. He's really talking about having the northern part of Sara in the full version. It just doesn't make any sense if the splitting is the only modification.

I would prefer for South and North sahrani to be split up. It just strikes me as odd how different the two areas are, and the change is instantly after you leave Corazol.

South and North as seperate islands (maybe in the same map area, just not together per-se) would be excellent.

I do however like the fact that islands such as McNools Desert South Saharani are alone. Makes it easier to make a campiagn without having to worry about the implications of the bottle neck at Corazol or explaining the terrain difference.

Once again, can't wait for the island tools. tounge2.gif

Daniel @ April 19 2007,01:47)]Once again, can't wait for the island tools.  tounge2.gif

mmm.... tools.. blllaarrggghhh...

Yea making a seperate island for the north is.... confused_o.gif

guerilla @ April 18 2007,20:08)]i would like to have the southern sahrani in the next patch.

You mean seperate instead of attached to the north? You can just copy the file from the demo if you want it.

I don't see the point though confused_o.gif

Well yes i have the full game so i don't care about the demo.

The South of Sahrani ( Demo Map ) is still avalible as addon and i would like to see the same for North of Sahrani as a seperate Island to download as Addon. biggrin_o.gif

Err? I, for one, get MUCH improved performance when running SaraLite as opposed to Sahrani... I'd guess on average something like 5-15 fps higher, although this is unscientific. Not untested, however; I've spent literally weeks tweaking the graphics settings on this game, and am at the point where I can't even move a single setting without the performance dropping below acceptable. smile_o.gif

EDIT: I'm not talking about the SaraLite version with much reduced grass, although it WAs modified with the "drier" textures.

Having the north on its own does make a lot of sense. At least you'd then have a geographically viable island, instead of having a tiny island with as diverse a landscape as a small continent. With north Sahrani you could also believabley have a European setting for a campaign - you can hardly do that with a tropical desert with pseudo-Islamic architecture attached on in the south.

Err? I, for one, get MUCH improved performance when running SaraLite as opposed to Sahrani... I'd guess on average something like 5-15 fps higher, although this is unscientific. Not untested, however; I've spent literally weeks tweaking the graphics settings on this game, and am at the point where I can't even move a single setting without the performance dropping below acceptable. smile_o.gif

EDIT: I'm not talking about the SaraLite version with much reduced grass, although it WAs modified with the "drier" textures.

buy a core2duo wink_o.gif