Sign in to follow this  
keefehb

Any update/ Possible fix for this madness?

madness ? this is spartaaaaaaaaa ! sorry i had to say biggrin_o.gif

guess it has to do with the 8800 graphic card ...

madness ? this is spartaaaaaaaaa ! sorry i had to say biggrin_o.gif

guess it has to do with the 8800 graphic card ...

No, its either vista or vista drivers.

Nope, not just Vista specific. It occurs in XP as well, including to me. Rolling back helped but did not take it away completely though much more noticeable in 1.05. In 1.04 I only really notice when entering the striker or when running arma mark.

True, but does the problem remain? Even when you get out of the Stryker? I can't speak for Keefeh, but I know when I get the "Playdough Assault" bug, it stays (usually then joined by its stablemate, the "cannot create system texture" CTD).

I found I had a very mild version of this problem when using XP and a ASUS EN6800GTO on my old system, but it went away. The Vista one doesn't solve itself like the XP one does.

True, but does the problem remain? Even when you get out of the Stryker? I can't speak for Keefeh, but I know when I get the "Playdough Assault" bug, it stays (usually then joined by its stablemate, the "cannot create system texture" CTD).

I found I had a very mild version of this problem when using XP and a ASUS EN6800GTO on my old system, but it went away. The Vista one doesn't solve itself like the XP one does.

The LOD bug of seeing things Loaded isn't a bug it's your PC, CPU, HD, GPU, BUS speed RAm etc.

So if you die and spawn and its takes about 1 seconds to laod everything from playdoh to normal thats fine. XBox 360 game Gears of War has same issue and you will see textures loading in many PC games.

BUT

If things Don't Load/change and stay in playdoh mode then you have the actual bug.

Before I oc'ed my machine and upgraded every good darn driver on it I could get in a stryker and it could take 2-6 seconds to go from playdoh to normal.

Now never more than a second if that. Same if i die and spawn in MP maps etc. I do see the world reload but now it's very fast.

I used Xp, latest nvidia drivers from 3d guru

deleted Nvidia memory manager and ntune

installed the lastest best drivers for every component in my PC then over clocked the shite out of it.

one of the above fixed the LOD bug of things staying in playdoh mode.

I suspect having Object detail and texture detail to high makes it feel worse on many systems.

And keep defragging your HD ;}

i have got texture loading problem in 1.05+ with standard display setting, once i use nHance to tweak the prerender limit to 0 all mouse lag texture bug freezing bollocks are gone

i also disable my paging file and from what i saw it run much better now, but i might be wrong and i have no time for a stress test

i am using 8800 GTS so i need someothers to confirm if this tweaks works for others

I still can't play because of the lod bug sad_o.gif

Not seen anyone mention this is awhile?

has there been any known fixes or updates?

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9567/omgzqt6.jpg

My system is

Amd 64 5200 x2

2gb ram

2 x 8800 gts

Windows vista 64

I've got a 8800GTS and I have the same issues. I have scaled everything back to low settings (except resolution) and the game runs fine for me now. I downloaded the new US demo and was able to raise all those setttings to Normal and was able to run fine.

I've heard some people talk about using the "-maxmem=512" command line parameter and how that helps, but I have yet to track down a decent thread on how to best optimize the maxmem command.

I am playing on a high end system with the Beta patch and am seeing constant low textures also some of the graphics are flickering rapidly. I have the settings on medium to low. As much as I want to enjoy and support this game it's just a joke at the moment...

IMPORTANT

New drivers, 158.18 for Vista, are handling this problem very well if not flawlessly, I advise you to pick them up from Guru3D ASAP.

Well i rolled back to XP and still got the problem lol sad_o.gif

So i've went back to Vista and i am currently installing Arma again smile_o.gif i've grabbed the new drivers so i'll see what happens,

are people seeing the good results with the beta patch + new drivers? or 1.04/1.05?

smile_o.gif

*Edit* Well i tried it with 1.04 and i have no lod or performance issue with everything on very high, however i do have a new issue lol. When i'm in the menu and occasionally in game my screen flashes white like a strobe light, stops, goes all white like a flashbang effect then fades back to normal again. This happens randomly. Seems as if it's something to do with the lighting banghead.gif

I'm Downloading 1.05 atm, will see if that helps

*Edit*

So i've went back to Vista and i am currently installing Arma again smile_o.gif i've grabbed the new drivers so i'll see what happens,

are people seeing the good results with the beta patch + new drivers? or 1.04/1.05?

smile_o.gif

*Edit* Well i tried it with 1.04 and i have no lod or performance issue with everything on very high, however i do have a new issue lol. When i'm in the menu and occasionally in game my screen flashes white like a strobe light, stops, goes all white like a flashbang effect then fades back to normal again. This happens randomly. Seems as if it's something to do with the lighting  banghead.gif

*Edit*

i had that flashing problem ... it happens when you look at the sun .... it got better when i increased my resolution to max 2500 x 1600 ... it went away when i added the " -nosplash to the properties

It vanished for me once i upgraded to 1.5 smile_o.gif

Seems i'm getting the crash to desktop error now though lol sad_o.gif

i'm really not having much luck tbh  banghead.gif

*edit* And the lod bug is back *edit*

smile_o.gif

*Edit* Well i tried it with 1.04 and i have no lod or performance issue with everything on very high, however i do have a new issue lol. When i'm in the menu and occasionally in game my screen flashes white like a strobe light, stops, goes all white like a flashbang effect then fades back to normal again. This happens randomly. Seems as if it's something to do with the lighting banghead.gif

*Edit*

new beta 105 latest nvidia of guru3d no LOD for 2 weeks.

Most settings normal at 1600x1024, cuase I want 60 fps as i fly choppers at alt 5 at 120 mph.;

have found for flying turning textures in nvidia control panel to performance REALLY helps with 5km VD's. Almost never any lag under any curcumstance.

I also turned off all the nvidia AF optomisatins etc.