Sign in to follow this  
GAU-8

map marking online

has anyone tried to search "map marking" or "mark on map...or how about "marking on the map"? 50000000 pages come up with the term but NOTHING on the subject on how to do it.! *so im say ing "yes i have searched"...

anyways i have german version of Arma.. I cant read german for the little help stuff. .....how do i mark on an online map what is there, or what i need?

(i assumed it was double clicking on left button... when i do that, a white skull with "I.E.D.' appears...so i deleete it have no clue what it does.

apparently every server i go onto ...seems every single squad/clan memeber is tight lipped about this " underground secret" how to friggin mark map. for i ask its several times, yet NOBODY ever answers. yet if i ever need an pickup/extraction...first thing they say is "happy to get ya...mark map", i ask for help again on how to mark map, but the answer still never comes. help me find a simple answer to something i have been waiting several months for even as much as i know its incredibly stupidly simple, yet i cant figure it out on my retarded own. or find on key bindings, or get an answer online to.. i mean its rediculous. LOL i swear it ALMOST feels like a conspiracy...

::looks left..looks right:::: ........guys?huh.gif

thanx

It is the left button double klick, and up/down arrows for selecting the marker type. Nothing has changed from OFP.

Are you using an inofficial marker addon?

Or maybe this white skull is another Fade copy protection gimmick? smile_o.gif

copy is legit smile_o.gif

lol i was FREAKING out for a sec.... i was REALLY going to have a field day with morphicon.de ...

then i remembered i DO have an add on that supplies one or two markers.. but isnt a marker add-on in itself. i think its "call of the EOD" or something like that. (an IED add-on)that i rarely ever use. so im quite sure that explains the white skul with "I.E.D." next to it.

I KNEW the answer was simple! i just didnt know to use the arrows. good lord, and ive had OFP since day one. (too bad i never used the icons on map feature...or how to scroll through them.

i feel dumber, but much better smile_o.gif THX!

Before you start putting markers into the map in a multiplayer session, make sure you have an appropriate radio channel selected. It affects who can see the markers you put onto the map.

I am sure you can imagine how much the enemy side laughs at you when you put a marker on the map where you give away your position.

rofl.gif

More experienced players have been seen doing this "error" intentionally to fool the enemy side though, by giving false information in their map markers.

Best Regards,

Baddo.

Before you start putting markers into the map in a multiplayer session, make sure you have an appropriate radio channel selected. It affects who can see the markers you put onto the map.

I am sure you can imagine how much the enemy side laughs at you when you put a marker on the map where you give away your position.

rofl.gif

More experienced players have been seen doing this "error" intentionally to fool the enemy side though, by giving false information in their map markers.

Best Regards,

Baddo.

Well i didnt know that!...learn something new everyday!

me either. - thought ti was a bug. - awesome

notworthy.gif !!!!!! that IS pretty clever, and something ELSE i didnt know as well smile_o.gif

thx!

Press Arrow Up/Down to change markers

Press Shift+ Up/Down to change the colour of the markers.

Hover the cursor over a placed marker and press delete to delete.

Btw, can you delete markers that are invisible to you, anyone tested that in ArmA? I think that might've been possible in OFP.