Sign in to follow this  
skimbo

M1A1 Cheese tank?

Military sims like full motion flight and tank simulations do also not simulate everything.

There ist also no real "armor calculation" on those.

In fact such stuff is a simulation of its own.We should talk of emulation in this case, not real simulation, that would need a computer of it's own to compute in realtime.

But it's also a fact that dedicated platform simulations do better in the specific field.

But this is a all plattform game...not a reality simulation.

Main focus in a game is playability, not simulation every nut, screw and bolt.

I read once that BIS didn't want to change the amour cause it would unbalance the camapign and missions. well those were not anyway near realistically based scenarios so i'd welcome them being a little FUBARED in exchange for more 'realistic' amour that cannot be damaged by small scale projectiles.

BIS has tweaked the game so damn well in so many other aspects with patches that i have big hopes here.

Cheers for replies

Does ARMA have hit points for all aspects of tanks then? What I mean by this is does the front armour have more HP than the sides or rear?

Skimbo

Cheers for replies

Does ARMA have hit points for all aspects of tanks then? What I mean by this is does the front armour have more HP than the sides or rear?

Skimbo

yes it does. I takes about 5 m136s to bust an abrams from the front. A bit less from the rear.

that was possible with ofp its just the placement of engine section in the damage lod its nothing special sad_o.gif