Sign in to follow this  
Rikus

Delay in movements

Hellow, online gaming and also offline, sometimes i have a delay, i mena, i´m running fast and then i dont push anymore the key but the soldier still running for some seconds.

Also when i am with the weapon looking too.

¿?

Greetings

I guess this is the same as the mouse delay problem:

If you have a nvidia card, google coolbits, install, open the classic control panel(not accesible in Vista, not sure about the latest XP drivers), set 'render frames ahead' to 0.

If you have an Ati card, set 'flip queue size' to 0. (May need to get Ati tray tools, google it)

If it still doesnt work, force vsync off.

You mean this value of 3 to set it to 0?

adfadfafasdfasdfas0.jpg

Greetings

Yup i think that is the one, just try it wink_o.gif

(If you have a severe performance loss you can also try setting it to 1)

Its a feature, actually. Have you ever tried stopping when running flat out in real life? That will take a couple of seconds, too, you will not be able to stop on a dime (you're bound to fall flat on your nose if you try, thanks to momentum/inertia) - just play with this in mind and it's no problem at all. The only problem, albeit small, I see with this is that the time it takes to stop is depending on the state of your characters animation when you release the button.

Its a feature, actually. Have you ever tried stopping when running flat out in real life? That will take a couple of seconds, too, you will not be able to stop on a dime (you're bound to fall flat on your nose if you try, thanks to momentum/inertia) - just play with this in mind and it's no problem at all. The only problem, albeit small, I see with this is that the time it takes to stop is depending on the state of your characters animation when you release the button.

The running and missing your mark is a game feature.

lag when shooting is have tripple buffer and vsync on, turn them off follow above advice, ARMA does its own versions.

In drivers Vsync off, anisotropic X4, continue with same problem.

Is strange because i have been playing 2 months with no problems.

¿?

No, no no no.

Movement should feel exactly the same as in OFP, stopping may take a little while longer then in the average FPS but if the guy runs on for longer then a second after you stopped pressing the forward button then there is definately some setting wrong somewhere. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The running and missing your mark is a game feature.

Nah, it's pretty much a animation issue. If it was a feature it should be consistent because it's not like you have the time to look at which position your virtual feet currently are to estimate how long it will take for the running animation to end. Unless you played in 3rd person but that's just lame.

I´m getting crazy, i don´t know what to do.

sad_o.gif

I uninstall and install it again, continue the problem.

sad_o.gif

My pc:

- Asus P4P800

- P4 2.600@2.730 HT FSB 800

- 2x512 DDR 400 Dual Channel

- Asus 6800GT@ULTRA 256 DDR3

- Seagate 120 gygas Serial Ata

Windows XP Profesional + SP2

sad_o.gif

My pc:

- Asus P4P800

The 6800 GT was a fairly decent card... in 2004. Technology changes and advances everyday, and that card barely has enough punch for todays games.

I'd suggest a GPU upgrade if at all possible.

sad_o.gif

My pc:

- Asus P4P800

The 6800 GT was a fairly decent card... in 2004. Technology changes and advances everyday, and that card barely has enough punch for todays games.

Altough this is kinda true, you are overreacting a bit. That thing still beats my x1600XT and i never had any problems like this. (Or any problem whatsoever after 1.01 tounge2.gif )

sad_o.gif

My pc:

- Asus P4P800

Altough this is kinda true, you are overreacting a bit. That thing still beats my x1600XT and i never had any problems like this. (Or any problem whatsoever after 1.01 tounge2.gif )

rofl.gif

Got that right! I had so many issues with my 1900, that I actually had to downgrade to a 7900. Everyone experiences different preformance levels, some have no problems with high-end rigs, others do. The same goes for older PC's.

@ Rikus

You might want to try my solution I discovered following the German release. Make a backup.

Open My Documents/ArmA/ArmA Config file

It should look something like this.

Quote[/b] ]language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=8772.000000;

Resolution_W=1024;

Resolution_H=768;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

refresh=72;

FSAA=3;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="4318,658,572463601";

localVRAM=258994176;

nonlocalVRAM=394264575;

Alter the "Resolution_Bpp=32;" value from 32 to 16. After saving the changes, right click and save the file as read-only.

You might want to try my solution I discovered following the German release. Make a backup.

Open My Documents/ArmA/ArmA Config file

It should look something like this.

Quote[/b] ]language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=8772.000000;

Resolution_W=1024;

Resolution_H=768;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

refresh=72;

FSAA=3;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="4318,658,572463601";

localVRAM=258994176;

nonlocalVRAM=394264575;

Alter the "Resolution_Bpp=32;" value from 32 to 16. After saving the changes, right click and save the file as read-only.

I try and doesn´t work

sad_o.gif

I buy a new CPU:

Caja: CoolerMaster Centurion 534

F.Alimentacion: Thermaltake toughpower 600w

Placa Base: Asus P5B Deluxe

Micro: Conroe 6600

Disipador: thermalright ultra 120 + Ventilador Scythe SFlex 1.600 rpm

RAM: G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-2GBPK 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2-800Mhz 4-4-4-12

Grafica: HIS 1950 PRO

HD: Seagate 320 gygas SATA II 7200.10

Also buy a new mouse with cable, A4Tech and a keyboard Steel 6G, the problem continue. Now i can play better, the problem continue but less, but still exists.

I don´t know what to do know, i thought it was my old keyboard Logitech with out cable, but now that i change it all, i don´t know what it can be.

Help please!!!

Well i have an X1950 also, you have a faster CPU than me, a more powerful PSU and ive used a logitech wireless before with ArmA with NO problems.

Could you possibly video your issue using FRAPS or something? because it sounds to me more like the inertia in ArmA where it can take you a second to stop or whatever, it would be much easier if u could film it and post a link/youtube vid here so we can see what you mean =)

Oh no, trust me, it´s not the inertia.

When i buy it, i played perfect with old cpu for 2 months, then, suddenly one day the delay started.

With old cpu, the delay was for 5 also 8 seconds, with new cpu, reduced to 3 or 4 sometimes, not always.

sad_o.gif

Everyone gets this. Sometimes it may vary on how much farther you go after you release the forward button. Your just beating your head against the wall if you think your going to be able to change this with hardware or any other settings.

What I do is go to the walk state when I don't want to run to far around a corner etc.

Isn't he talking about the animation errors=? I think there are about 4 threads about the movement and animations linked to movement. Try and search for them and see if they describe your problem. If they do then its not your rig. or version/installation then its the game.

Everyone gets this.

Bull, i stop moving (almost) the moment i release the buttons. icon_rolleyes.gif

Hmm, yes 3 or 4 seconds to stop is indeed very abnormal, ive yet to hear about these animation issues...

But if the CPU upgrade managed to reduce the problem, try setting ArmA to use one core using task manager and try setting all other tasks to the other core and see if that makes a difference...

Or if you dont want to do that, try start -> Run -> msconfig and uncheck all the processes EXCEPT the required ones (e.g. microsoft windows processes, there should be an option to hide all windows processes) and if ArmA runs fine while these are disabled try enabling them one after the other to isolate which background program is causing the issue.. or if there are simply too many processes running, which are somehow extending the movement.

But honestly im stumped,

If all else fails, have you tried a reformat of your PC and reinstallation of windows? or try creating a seperate partition, install windows, ArmA and required drivers on it, and see if it runs fine. But use it as a last resort as its irritating to do wink_o.gif

Unfortunately my brother is plagued by this very same issue and I can assure you it's not initeria or normal animation behavior/delays!

For him it's almost impossible to play, the unit he is controlling almost have it's own life 3-5 seconds after he releases the buttons and it seems to be combined with his mouse movements as well (i.e the view changes as well after he removes his hands from keyboard/mouse). His problems gets worse with higher graphics (i.e north Sharani) and less on South Sharani, do you  experience the same Rikus?

I've been trying to isolate this problem, tried new keyboard, tweaking graphic parameters, force ArmA to one core, kill background processes etc. but without any luck. I suspected some IRQ issue with his machine and told him he must reformat and reinstall XP from scratch but now I'm not so sure anymore...

I can't say his exact specification on top of my head but he has a P4 (dual core 8xx-series), ATI card and running Windows XP.

@ Rikus: ave you applied any of the Dual Core patches that exists for Windows XP?

/KC

Everyone gets this.

Bull, i stop moving (almost) the moment i release the buttons. icon_rolleyes.gif

When you run, it does not stop instantly. When crouched, or walking, yes.  It doesn't always do this, it depends when you release the button. If you release at the end of a stride, it may only do another step. But if you release in the middle of a stride, it may go two more steps.

Same thing happends when you go prone.

What might be causing this to happen more is lag when playing online adding to the delay.

--edit--

Ok I did some testing around and found that the delay in stopping happens mostly when you are crouched, then run while holding fast forward and then releasing. Almost 99% of the time I get a few extra steps when doing this. It doesn't have anything to do with lag either.

I stop instantly when standing and using fast forward and stopping. It seems to only happen when crouched and using fast forward.

Yeah i thought the same Jdski but they're continued running is for several seconds therefore that is completely abnormal.

And if a reformat didnt fix it then jeez.. thats got me stumped... Which ATI card is your bro using KC?