Sign in to follow this  
blix2006

ArmA: Combat Operations & able to play together??

says the us version comes out may 1st and will be done by atari will we (those of us witht he german game) be able to play with the US version

Yes. It doesnt depend on in which country you bought your copy of ArmA but which version you are running.

Patch 1.05 made are releases equal. The new patch that will be released when the US version comes out will update our versions to 1.06 or 1.07 like the US one and then we all can play on the same servers wink_o.gif

wasnt sure because the game has a different name and everything

Dont worry, it will all be the same... imagine people wouldnt be able to play with eath other...

We had this once with OFP 1.85 and 1.96 for some time... and I think that BIS learned their lesson. smile_o.gif

But please next time look for similar threads, because this question was asked quite a few times. wink_o.gif

cheers!

Probably someone sensetive in Atari going: "Armed Assault! That seems like a violent title, how about Combat Operations?" Someone else: "Yes - the pacifists will love that name."

Atari will release an version 1.06 or 1.07 with exclusive content like the A10. BiS will release a patch that will make all versions compatable, so everyone get the new content and will be able to play together.

im turning green knowing people have been plying this game and im plying the same mision over and over again in the demo.

so correct me if im wrong theres no drawback to me a usa guy just going to 1 of the available sites buying-d/ling the uk version?

im turning green knowing people have been plying this game and im plying the same mision over and over again in the demo.

so correct me if im wrong theres no drawback to me a usa guy just going to 1 of the available sites buying-d/ling the uk version?

Only drawback I see is having to wait a little longer for the update to version 1.06 or 1.07 and therefore having to wait a little longer for the new content. I am from the USA and I purchased that download from Sprocket, no problems on my end, everything runs great.

auwsome news! 1 question i didnt understand bout that d/l site was what happens if your d/l is corrupt or u find your self needing to reinstall can u go back and re d/l it for free?

says the us version comes out may 1st and will be done by atari will we (those of us witht he german game) be able to play with the US version

Of course they will be capable of playing together....Hans Blix!

My name is Marco...your name is Blix...I guess only one of us has to be human...

auwsome news! 1 question i didnt understand bout that d/l site was what happens if your d/l is corrupt or u find your self needing to reinstall can u go back and re d/l it for free?

I would wait and buy the hard copy if I were you. I too have Sprocket/UK and haven't had too many probs. despite the 27 hr Dl except when the Beta patch came out. There was a workaround to get it to work but I had to re-activate and that just makes me nervous. Also, if you screw up anything in your folders, your outta luck. plan to get me the Atari version ASAP biggrin_o.gif

Anyone know why the EU/UK versions have a different name from the US one?

Seems an odd thing to do to me lol huh.gif

what seems odd is buying the game on sprocket only to find there hosting it with what seems a 56k connection, a big ol omgwtf to that!!!!!!!!