Sign in to follow this  
alloisi

D-Day kit (wip)

Simply incredible mate - great stuff! biggrin_o.gif

I hate it when I see this great stuff knowing I have to wait for a long time... really great stuff...

ww2_1.jpg

ww2_2.jpg

maybe we should cooperate ?

i tried to do D-Day missions because i like historical addons the most, cold war that never happened and WW2

so if You wanna ?

I was contacting one man from other WW2 mod without any answer

i am looking forward to cooperate in some WW2 mod smile_o.gif

will either of you be planning to make any Commonwealth/Polish/French (although they used amarican eqipment for the most part) men/equipment if so it should be a cracking mod.

Good work, looks great.

i am waiting for His addons to see it in ARMA smile_o.gif

thats why i want cooperate with someone

Did they have the LVT-4 during D-Day? not that I'm an expert or anything. Only it looks more suitable for a Pacific Mod?

Either way, could you make the Geometry and Roadway LOD's for the LVT-4 & LCVP able to allow infantry to run out of them? I have some old scripts I would like to revive.

thi is a generic ww2 kit, more model in progress, every collaboration is appreciate

---------

lvt ref.

---------

I make only the models 3d and the texture,for the configuration and the scripts they are not able, if you want to see to work them you must collaborate

biggrin_o.gif

but do you want do something now, or like other mods wait for official tools ?

if you wanna do someting on this software what's avaliable - contact me

if you wanna wait , nevermind

and don't ask me about displacement, glossiness, bumpmaping maps on weapons models - no tools avaliable for ARMA wink_o.gif

i am not also gonna made very very large polycount because in game it doesn't look better it just make lower FPS and higher temperature on VGA

most important is how it look in game, not how many polycounts is on barrel or trigger or magazine

of course it is possible to make super smooth barrel with 30 fragments not 10 but does it have any sense ?

or we can make magazine with every gouge/chamfer but for what ?

for game stop with 8-10 FPS with 20 soldiers ?

of course some details must be changed, if anyone will help export models from Call of Duty 2 (as from MOHAA models were to OFP) than let us know wink_o.gif

if you are interested in cooperation - let me know

p.s. i wanted to do d-day style missions but in ARMA ?(maybe BIS will fix it) units doesn't get out from boats on beach

they get out in middle of sea (50 meters from waypoint on beach) and they start swim without equipement ?

they loose all weapons as they get to water :/

Did they have the LVT-4 during D-Day? not that I'm an expert or anything. Only it looks more suitable for a Pacific Mod?

LVT-4 wasn't in Normandy. It was used by US and British just in operations after D-Day. In the rest of Europe for river crossing operations, US forces used them in Italy.

Anyway I saw LVT-2 wreck picture from utah beach (even if it was described as LVT-4)

As far as I'm concerned there is only one D-Day. But I'm probably being a bit narrow minded.

Quote[/b] ]I make only the models 3d and the texture,for the configuration and the scripts they are not able, if you want to see to work them you must collaborate

I'm afraid I only do scripts. That’s why I abandoned my original landing scripts, there were no suitable models for me to use in the mission editor.

Quote[/b] ]p.s. i wanted to do d-day style missions but in ARMA ?(maybe BIS will fix it) units doesn't get out from boats on beach

they get out in middle of sea (50 meters from waypoint on beach) and they start swim without equipement ?

they loose all weapons as they get to water :/

The scripts I was working forced the landing craft to beach itself on dry land, lower the ramp and get the soldiers to either walk or run (depending on the combat mode) down the ramp and onto the beach. They would do this regardless of being under fire or not. It worked quite well, even the rough test version gave you a little of the Saving Private Ryan experience.

landing ramp ?

can you make AI soldiers to get out on dry land from ARMA boats ?

if yes, help me to do my mission with it

could be nic to make such missions

and on the beach MG42 singing wink_o.gif

few boats PBR from game and few squads of units

As far as I'm concerned there is only one D-Day. But I'm probably being a bit narrow minded.

D-day was just a term used for a day an attack was to go down, like H-Hour, so there were many D-days during WW2  smile_o.gif

Anyway, those models look great. I especially like the look of the ship. Good luck with the pack  thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]D-day was just a term used for a day an attack was to go down, like H-Hour, so there were many D-days during WW2

True, but also there are many games. But there is only one game smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]landing ramp ?

can you make AI soldiers to get out on dry land from ARMA boats ?

if yes, help me to do my mission with it

I can knock up a quick example mission and scripts if you need one? The boats that come with Arma don't need anything too complicated. It's just a case of getting a group of boats up onto the beach. After that you should be able to use the normal get out method.

The ramps I was referring to, were for the WW2 Higgins style landing craft.

Very nice models smile_o.gif. Are you planning to make a Hellcat or a Chaffee? I know they're not from D-day period.... just curious. thumbs-up.gif