Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu AI-Manager (Spawn, Wayp Gen, AI Enh)

Sickboy.. incredible work thank you for sharing with the community.  I'm developing a coop "defensive" style mission and would like to use your AI manager to dynamically spawn troops (based on player count and other variables), but I need the AI to accept a set of waypoints based on the mission progress.  

For example, players start defending a town from waves of AI.  If they lose control they respawn further back and try to defend the next town.  The Ai manager should stop sending troops to the "captured" town and start targeting the next objective.

I see you have a note for v.2 to support waypoints.. is this what you had in mind or are you plans different?

Heya Mate, Thanks smile_o.gif

Such features are indeed planned for v0.2, the development cycle will probably be 1 month or so.

What you could do at this time, is only create the zones at a certain trigger moment. If you use this syntax:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">gz1=["z1", 1, getMarkerPos "z1_start", 100, [3, [5,20]], [], [], [], [], "AI:", [1, []]] call six_fCreateZone;You should make the z1 marker a (large) area where you want the groups to have waypoints/go to. And make the z1_start marker an empty small marker. This will be the start positions of the generated groups.

So when you create the zone, the units will start at z1_start and move their way up to different waypoints inside the z1 marker.

Works for all unit types except building rooftop overwatch smile_o.gif

Review the UPS Script readme/script for parameters that you can add for behaviour/speed etc settings

Quote[/b] ]It seems it does not work , i get same error..

but don't worry, i will wait for the next release..

Cheers

Roger, soon smile_o.gif

Released v0.11, only fix is the bug fix for Resistance side and some small fixes.

In the meantime working on v0.2 wink_o.gif

How did the Defend/Waypoint stuff go?

In the meantime working on v0.2 wink_o.gif

How did the Defend/Waypoint stuff go?

Good luck.. looking forward to v0.2.

I was successful using the following kind of commands:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

gr1 = [1, [1 + _playerModifier, 2 + _playerModifier], getMarkerPos "respawn_eastMech", 149, 2, "EnemyTarget", "AI:", [1, []], "TRACK" call six_fChkDbg] call six_fCreate;

and then moving the "EnemyTarget" marker to redirect troops and respawn additional waves.

The tracker is extremely useful for debuging and creating the appropriate timing for my missions.

v0.2 is the waypoint stuff right? Any other areas that 0.2 will concentrate on? I already made my comments on waypoint stuff I'd like to see but I'm quite nosey. biggrin_o.gif

shiner: Cool, nice you got it smile_o.gif

v0.2 is the waypoint stuff right? Any other areas that 0.2 will concentrate on? I already made my comments on waypoint stuff I'd like to see but I'm quite nosey. biggrin_o.gif
Thank you for your Interest, but I don't think it's nececairy for me to repeat what's findable in the 1st post or Wiki...

I am proud to present AI-Manager v0.2Alpha2 (ArmA v1.07.5157+).

The Basic Mission/Objective Generator Component is under way, and the framework is mainly in place. At this time it generates very simple missions with very little detail, but it's merely the start of the framework smile_o.gif

Many of the Debugging Utils that first were only available in the Editor are now also available in Multiplayer (Since ArmA v1.07beta)

Download: (Make sure you run ArmA v1.07.5157 and latest 6thSenseMod (v0.70b+))

http://dl2.6thsense.eu/arma/6th-AIM_v0.2alpha2.rar

Changelog

=== v0.2alpha2 ===

Base Functions

[*] fSetVarName

* Uses the setVehicleVarName and processInitCommands to propagate the name of an object over the network

[*] fCreateGroup

* Creates group on given side, but re-uses old created group if there are empty groups available

[*] fShuffle

* Shuffles the contents of an array

[*] fGroupId

* Automaticly set the groupId depending on side and amount of teams of inputted array. By default Generates 8 Different Callsigns and 8 Different Colors

AI-M Functions

[*] fCreateObjective

* Create an objective based on parameters and settings of cfg_Objectives

[*] fObjHandler

* Handles the objectives created by createObjective based on parameters and settings of cfg_Objhandler

AI-M Configuration

[*] cfg_Objectives

* Setup the objectives for fCreateObjective

[*] cfg_ObjHandler

* Setup the objectiveHandling for fObjHandler

[*] cfg_Aim

* Added six_aim_settings set [0, [true, 0.33]]; // Enable automatic ratio adjustment, ratio is used to determine number of units to generate per group. 0.33 - number Value, minimum Ratio

[*] six_pt is now dynamicly updated (added to) based on the (six_allpg select 0) array

[*] six_aim_ratio can be used to scale the mission up/down depending on amount of players and the amount of players the Mission was made for.

* Idea for multiObjectives: Use a variable per objective (six_aim_obj#_ratio) to make only the team that calls the objective be rated, so the objective scales to the calling team. (six_aim_obj#_caller)

* Added six_aim_ratio value, which will be used at Zone Creation as Coef for amounts per group, And can either be static or dynamicly calculated to the amount of connected players, and the mission's maximum player amount.

Included basic mission/objective generator

[*] With support for:

* Different mission types: ["Rescue","Recover","Destroy"];

* Different mission subTypes: [["Captives","Civilian"],["Documents","Vehicles"],

["Tanks","APCs","Buildings"]];

[*] Fully configurable and ability for making and maintaining templates

[*] Creates and colors markers dependent on status of objective

[*] All triggers are dynamicly created, only having the needed triggers ingame at all times

Really great work sickboy thumbs-up.gif

You are on the correct way i think wink_o.gif

I am curious, which comes next.

bye

silola

Your DAC is coming soon smile_o.gif

Your DAC is coming soon smile_o.gif

Brilliant smile_o.gif

@Sickboy: cannot use any of the demo missions because of missing addons.

Thanks Silola! I am happy to read about your beauty too smile_o.gif

BIS Variants were not available yet in the previous Package. I have updated the Package just now and added BIS Variants smile_o.gif

Thanks Silola! I am happy to read about your beauty too smile_o.gif
BIS Variants were not available yet in the previous Package. I have updated the Package just now and added BIS Variants smile_o.gif

Ah crap - you did say that didn't you biggrin_o.gif my bad wink_o.gif

I do not know if this is the right place to ask. But what happened to GL3 that was included in the earlier sixth sense releases? Now we have AI manager and mod as separate projects and GL3 is not with any of these. Or is it?

@Sickboy - could you somewhat simplify or clarify basic use of these scripts please? smile_o.gif

I just unPBOd them and after arsing around for a while realised I don't have any idea how to implement them. I'm either not seeing the basic requirements in the Wiki or they're not there.

Example: I just want to set up one zone and populate it with some basic units, I'll use the Wiki example for simplicity:

gz1=["z1", 1, getMarkerPos "z1", 152, [6, [6, 12]], [3, [10, 16]], [2, [1, 3]], [2, [2, 2]], [], "RANDOM", "AI:", [1, []]] call six_fCreateZone;

Now, in DAC the affected area is defined with a trigger, but I think I'm right in saying that in AIM it's done with a marker yes? So where does the above code go?

Please take a look at the Demo Missions...

The BEG mission is very easy and basic setup and should get you started quite easily.

The line you copied is when ur using the functions RAW...

There's a cleaner and easier way as you can see in the BEG mission.

check:

init.sqf

SIX_AIM\c\cfg_Zones.sqf

Quote[/b] ]I do not know if this is the right place to ask. But what happened to GL3 that was included in the earlier sixth sense releases? Now we have AI manager and mod as separate projects and GL3 is not with any of these. Or is it?
As you noted earlier in another thread, GL3 is simply still available with 6thSenseMod. My AI-M Project has nothing at all todo with GL3 or any of SLX-mods in anyway other than that I promised a feature that AI-M can make use of GL3 biggrin_o.gif

SIX_AIM\c\cfg_Zones.sqf

Ah, that was the golden nugget I needed biggrin_o.gif that's where I set up my zone makeup. For some reason I didn't get that from the site.

Also I was confused that the scripts don't seem to work from the editor in preview mode.

I get error messages complaining that I no longer have the addon needed for something called "cawheeled". I only see this on missions I'm creating, not the included missions.

SIX_AIM\c\cfg_Zones.sqf

Ah, that was the golden nugget I needed biggrin_o.gif that's where I set up my zone makeup. For some reason I didn't get that from the site.

Also I was confused that the scripts don't seem to work from the editor in preview mode.

Work fine, just not in the SinglePlayer Editor (An editor where any selfrespecting Multiplayer map creater should stay away from anyway!wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I get error messages complaining that I no longer have the addon needed for something called "cawheeled". I only see this on missions I'm creating, not the included missions.
Either put an empty wheeled vehicle somewhere on the map or start adding the mentioned names to your addons[]= and addonsAuto[]= Arrays by manually editing mission.sqm with a texteditor. You don't remember this from OFP/DAC time? smile_o.gif

a quote from the wiki at the "Configuration" part:

Quote[/b] ]

General Info ¶

Configuration ¶

* AI-M Configuration: SIX_AIM\c\cfg_AIM.sqf. Help is further down below.

* Zone Configuration: SIX_AIM\c\cfg_Zones.sqf. Help is further down below.

* Mission Configuration: init.sqf. Use BEGinner mission as reference. The ADVanced missions have more complicated scripting

etc. etc.

and later on the section:

Quote[/b] ]cfg_Zone.sqf Usage ¶

Easy Setup of Zones ¶

etc. etc.

Could you possible make a version you can use for making SP missions and possible campaign? Or will it work but with minor problems?

Could you possible make a version you can use for making SP missions and possible campaign? Or will it work but with minor problems?

It will surely work if you go into Multiplayer and host your own game, which is "Single player" when noone joins smile_o.gif

But I have yet to test AI-M under the SinglePlayer editor or mode in general.

My devotion is to Multi Player, but if it works under SinglePlayer it's a nice extra yay.gif (But I think "Host Game" and play it on your own are viable options aswell)

Work fine, just not in the SinglePlayer Editor (An editor where any selfrespecting Multiplayer map creater should stay away from anyway!wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

What? There's more than one editor?? I only ever use the main menu editor choice. smile_o.gif

If there's another set of editors somewhere I haven't noticed them yet, maybe this accounts for other problems I'm having, such as only one person per patrol being spawned etc (in missions saved as MP). I'll sort it eventually, I usually do, but I definitely see nothing in preview mode.

Quote[/b] ]Either put an empty wheeled vehicle somewhere on the map or start adding the mentioned names to your addons[]= and addonsAuto[]= Arrays by manually editing mission.sqm with a texteditor. You don't remember this from OFP/DAC time? smile_o.gif

Nope, never had to do that smile_o.gif not for default usage anyways. I did put addons in and use a custom setup, but it always worked just vanilla OK. Why would I need to add default addons to the mission script?

If there's another set of editors somewhere I haven't noticed them yet, maybe this accounts for other problems I'm having, such as only one person per patrol being spawned etc (in missions saved as MP). I'll sort it eventually, I usually do, but I definitely see nothing in preview mode.
Quote[/b] ]Either put an empty wheeled vehicle somewhere on the map or start adding the mentioned names to your addons[]= and addonsAuto[]= Arrays by manually editing mission.sqm with a texteditor. You don't remember this from OFP/DAC time? smile_o.gif

Nope, never had to do that smile_o.gif not for default usage anyways. I did put addons in and use a custom setup, but it always worked just vanilla OK. Why would I need to add default addons to the mission script?

ah, yes, the change with ArmA compared to OFP is that ArmA has it's configs split up over default included addons, CAWheeled, CAAir, CAWeapons, etc. etc. Usually these get added automaticly to your addons and addonsAuto arrays but because you dont have such units placed on the map in the editor, it doesnt put them in, so when the AI-M is creating those units it makes the message smile_o.gif

The "Multiplayer editor" is findable, click Multiplayer, once in the server selection screen, choose New Game, or Host Game (whatever it is down below), pick a password for ur server so you dont get any unwanted visitors etc wink_o.gif then pick an island and choose: "New - Editor" or "New Mission" whatever it is called smile_o.gif

Missions are saved in: "My Documents\ArmA\MPMissions" or "My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\Your Name\MPMissions"

holy cow, I have no idea what are you guys talking about....

I only hope this knowledge will not be soon required to play ArmA online, it is pretty complicated the way it is now.

holy cow, I have no idea what are you guys talking about....

I only hope this knowledge will not be soon required to play ArmA online, it is pretty complicated the way it is now.

Right, the knowledge required to operate a mission maker package, in alpha stage, comparing to play ArmA online... Is there anything in this message that can't be considered spam?

well, thanks for the explanation - so this is a mission maker package!

I thought you are talking about some kind of a mod or an update which will be required by most servers soon.

Anyhow, thanks for such a polite and understanding explanation Sickboy. Always appreciate your comments!