Sign in to follow this  
dirk72

SLI ? PLEASE do SOMETHING !!!...

i have two 8800 gtx in sli but it doesnt work with arma so if you guys could do something in the next patch ,it will be great !

really thanks

me again ! ok anyway there's some problem with the drivers for 8800 it seem that the sli doesnt works with it !

i tried all the forceware drivers (this adress) http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10

but the best one for 8800 gtx seems to be the 100.87 ...for me !

forget the sli those one doesnt taking it in charge ,so i will play only with one card and wait for THE PATCH ,or THE DRIVER

until that i will prey for nvidia and bohemia

I thought of getting an SLI setup, but I guess you guys have answered the question. If SLI doesn't work in Arma then whats the point in getting it. ( Maybe CrYsis will support SLI....mmmmm. notworthy.gif )

Getting SLI is pretty pointless. Why get two crap cards when you can get one good one that works 100% of the time? Why blow ridiculous money on two top range cards when you can just get one and then replace it with the next one when it comes out?

[Rant Over] Does ArmA even support SLI? Last time I read about SLI (which admittedly was a while ago) the game had to be made compatible with it or something?

Quote[/b] ] Why blow ridiculous money on two top range cards when you can just get one and then replace it with the next one when it comes out?

Because maybe money isnt issue and people can buy whatever they want, and then buy the next top card as soon as it gets out.

SLi in fact doesn't work in quite a few games. Can't see the use for it myself. Unless of course you need to re-calc your spreadsheet in excel at blinding speed. biggrin_o.gif

Oh, but us flight sim geeks love SLI!

SLI shoudl work in Alan wake and Crysis out of the box. ARMA missed out, but in the mean time just one 8800 can run ARMA fine so no big loss to the guy with 2.

SLI, Crossfire, Dual and Quad Core are all int he same boat right now, soon many games will almost demand these high end solutions in the next 12-24 months. Right now the stuff that seems to work with SLI often doesn't need it and Dual and Quad quads on many recent games can degrade performance vs a single core.

IF you have the kit great, lots of applications and now games software can now use it. Just research on your hardware manufacturers site games that will support it.

In the mean time its a waiting game.

But unless you have money to burn, sensible constant upgrading can produce good reults.

My current rig, AMD 4000 (16 months old), 8800 GTX 626/100 768 vram (1 month) 2 gig ddr 400. 80 gig ide HD, XIFI lays all current games at 30-60fps stable fps on a 32" LCD at 1600x1024 with 4x aa. It produces a 3d mark of 8800 and get about 30fps in the 3d tests.

The world fastest PC Quad core intel, Dual 8800 (same card as me), 2 gig DDR3 all insanely overcloacked and using lyquid hydrogen cooling gets 25k and about 70 FPS.

So x4 more expensive kit gets x2 performance, money saved would buy an Xbox360, PS3, 42" HD LCD and 1 years worth of games for all three.... Theres probably about a 2-3k in uk pounds price difference in those machines.

You get the power you pay for, but performance is down to the software you use.

Just wanted to add my own experience - I'm running ArmA with a dual GeForce 7300GT's in SLI. Works great, and without any hassle (on pretty high graphic settings). I do have nHancer, but I didn't touch it, so maybe by just being there it makes it work smile_o.gif

As a side note, SLI is good for the budget gamer, like myself. Why buy two crappy cards and not one better? SLI allowed me to buy one 7300GT (a pretty low end card) to replace my 6200 (talk about crappy card) and enjoy new games (albeit on rather low settings). Than when I had the money after a couple of months I bought a second 7300GT, giving about the same performance as a 7600GT for about the same price, but it being spread over much a longer time period. When I'll have the money for upgrading, I'll start with one card (say 8300, when they arrive), then buy a second one when budget allows. SLI is great. Haven't had trouble with it yet (and I'm a pretty serious gamer).

Also, as some stated single graphic cards may soon be unable to perform to the demands of new games. On here I hear people saying their 8800's can't keep a decent frame rate at ArmA, and that is the top notch card on the market today (and I know they come in several flavors, so maybe the really top notch will have no problem, but still). In the direction most games are going, maybe quad cored CPUs, gigs of RAM and quad SLI/CrossFire cards will have to be used to run them.

Well, just my experience, YMMV

Edit. oops, corrected a typo...

Just wanted to add my own experience - I'm running ArmA with a dual GeForce 7300GT's in SLI. Works great, and without any hassle (on pretty high graphic settings). I do have nHancer, but I didn't touch it, so maybe by just being there it makes it work  smile_o.gif

As a side note, SLI is good for the budget gamer, like myself. Why buy two crappy cards and not one better? SLI allowed me to buy one 7300GT (a pretty low end card) to replace my 6200 (talk about crappy card) and enjoy new games (albeit on rather low settings). Than when I had the money after a couple of months I bought a second 7300GT, giving about the same performance as a 7600GT for about the same price, but it being spread over much a longer time period. When I'll have the money for upgrading, I'll start with one card (say 8300, when they arrive), then buy a second one when budget allows. SLI is great. Haven't had trouble with it yet (and I'm a pretty serious gamer).

Also, as some stated single graphic cards may soon be unable to perform to the demands of new games. On here I hear people saying their 8800's can't keep a decent frame rate at ArmA, and that is the top notch card on the market today (and I know they come in several flavors, so maybe the really top notch will have no problem, but still). In the direction most games are going, maybe quad cored CPUs, gigs of RAM and quad SLI/CrossFire cards will have to be used to run them.

Well, just my experience, YMMV

Edit. oops, corrected a typo...

big question is that how do you managed to run SLI with Arma

As I said, nothing. There is no ArmA profile on the nHancer, nor in the regular nVidia control panel (though the two may be the same). My default SLI config when there is no specific profile is AFR. Maybe that's nHancer's default and nVidia defaults it to something else. From the thread Mobius pointed at it says to use FEAR's profile, which for me is the same as the default "Global driver settings", so this is probably why it's working.

As a solution, try either duplicating a working profile for ArmA (as suggested, the FEAR profile), or set the default config to the same as a working profile.

As I said, nothing. There is no ArmA profile on the nHancer, nor in the regular nVidia control panel (though the two may be the same). My default SLI config when there is no specific profile is AFR. Maybe that's nHancer's default and nVidia defaults it to something else. From the thread Mobius pointed at it says to use FEAR's profile, which for me is the same as the default "Global driver settings", so this is probably why it's working.

As a solution, try either duplicating a working profile for ArmA (as suggested, the FEAR profile), or set the default config to the same as a working profile.

Thats a good point lee SLI aint just 2x 8800, lots of people use 2x 7300/7600 etc.

And of course were SLI works great 2x 8800 GTS cost the same as one super 8800 GTX but could out perform it in optomised software by 70%.

Theres a little more cost in a decent SLI mobo and PSU. But it's not that much more.

What you might be missing is on the cheaper cards they generally don't have as much VRAM, the big change coming is 512 becomming the standard VRAM size (the new consoles are 256). And the 1 gig cards are close. The more texture memory the more photorealistic games will become.

512 looks great, just imagine 2 gig vram! Possibly 12 months away that is!

With nHANCE you CREATE an AMRA Profile. Once you do that YOU CAN RUN ARMA IN SLI! Read the instructions READ the TWEAK THREAD.

BIS has nothing to do with creating an NVIDIA ARMA Profile... ONLY NVIDIA DOES.