Sign in to follow this  
chammy

Yet another ArmA sound modification

LOL, ok ok, we don't want to put the other mod guys down, BUT I do appreciate all the kudos here.

Well, I am almost done checking all the loops to make sure everything is evened out and balanced. I predict this weekend, my son will be with his mother today so I will be able to focus.

I just dont want to release it , then all of a sudden start seeing more of these sound replacements popping up all over with my sound tidbits and everyone else taking the credit, which I found alot of with OFP, UNLESS, of course they say pretty please LOL, nah, I dont mind if they do as long as they acknowlegde where they come from. I'm sure later, someone will make a better pack.

It is very great work you have done on the replacement!

Do not worry about other people taking the sounds from you, people that attempt to create a new soundpack should team together and create a ultimate soundpack.. thats my thought about it.

Do not worry about other people taking the sounds from you, people that attempt to create a new soundpack should team together and create a ultimate soundpack.. thats my thought about it.

Well, I have asked several people, including Goeth, but he seems very crossed that I ask him, Pred, I think he wants to stick to his own, so I might be a lone gunner on this particular one, UNLESS, Pred wants to release 2 types. I asked Goeth if icould use his config file in excnahge for some of my sounds, I can change all the sound thingies to my own and not use his.... I've pm'd him numerous times and he hasnt gotten back to me...almost as if he told me to piss off sad_o.gif , I dont know.

All I asked him was that there was a couple of my sound tidbits that I found in his that were altered in a way that it could pass off as his own, yet they clashed with all the other ones he used, I asked where he got them then he got very offended and said I called him a thief. All I did was ask if it were an even trade that I could use his config file for the sounds, they were from an OFP pack I posted, but he got pissy , I wasnt accusing him, I mean, I didnt mind really.

Don't sweat it Chammy your sounds are incredible and it's going to be a kick-ass mod!

Well, I have asked several people, including Goeth, but he seems very crossed that I ask him, Pred, I think he wants to stick to his own, so I might be a lone gunner on this particular one, UNLESS, Pred wants to release 2 types.  I asked Goeth if  icould use his config file in excnahge for some of my sounds, I can change all the sound thingies to my own and not use his.... I've pm'd him numerous times and he hasnt gotten back to me...almost as if he told me to piss off sad_o.gif  , I dont know.  

All I asked him was that there was a couple of my sound tidbits that I found in his that were altered in a way that it could pass off as his own, yet they clashed with all the other ones he used,  I asked where he got them then he got very offended and said I called him a thief. All I did was ask if it were an even trade that I could use his config file for the sounds, they were from an OFP pack I posted, but he got pissy , I wasnt accusing him, I mean, I didnt mind  really.

It is sad to hear there is a kind of contest between some people on making soundpacks. I do not want to call anyone a thief or say that someone is right, I like to stay out of it.

I only want to tell all persons involved creating Sound modifications that it would be great to see a kind of JAM like soundpack created out of the best soundpacks around.

Only problem is that the creators of all soundpacks are willing to co-operate on it.

Chammy do not worry about thiefs or something, be proud of the work you have made and enjoy that people are gone use it.  smile_o.gif

I already told him weeks ago, he can use my config. Chammy is too old to remember biggrin_o.gif

But there might be two seperate sound mods. That way the user has the choice.

As already stated several times, we both have different opinions but the same goal. It's easier to stick to the current project and see how far it can go.

We still work closely together, exchange samples, suggest samples etc, we'll still share our files and this is the best way to support the community with top notch modifications for different preferences.

I already told him weeks ago, he can use my config. Chammy is too old to remember biggrin_o.gif

But there might be two seperate sound mods. That way the user has the choice.

As already stated several times, we both have different opinions but the same goal. It's easier to stick to the current project and see how far it can go.

We still work closely together, exchange samples, suggest samples etc, we'll still share our files and this is the best way to support the community with top notch modifications for different preferences.

That is good to hear biggrin_o.gif

I do not want to decide, but it might be a idea to let the community decide which sound is better or not and in the end all the sounds with the most votes should be melted together in one pack.

All I asked him was that there was a couple of my sound tidbits that I found in his that were altered in a way that it could pass off as his own, yet they clashed with all the other ones he used, I asked where he got them then he got very offended and said I called him a thief. All I did was ask if it were an even trade that I could use his config file for the sounds, they were from an OFP pack I posted, but he got pissy , I wasnt accusing him, I mean, I didnt mind really.

It's because your sound mod pwns his, jealous wink_o.gif

It is the weekend, i'm waiting, this mod sounds really good, I love the sounds. Now, where's the d/l link wink_o.gif feel free to pm me it and I will test it for you.

I'm checking here daily too but let's not pressure him too much. It will be done when it's done i guess... thumbs-up.gif

this is gonna make me wanna go back and run through the entire single player again. One question tho, isn't 1.8 coming out really really soon too? will this sound mod work with 1.8?

Keep up the amazing work dude,

Since its taking me a little longer on trying to do stuff with the config file, i'll just release the conversion of all sounds in ArmA, the only ones I didnt change are ones that sounded quite ok the way they were, I did change some of the vehicles though I need to make sure they are all right in order since there are hundreds of sound wavs to check, I had the bike sounding like a bus, I do not know how that happened.

Yes, it will work with 1.8, there isnt anything changed in there except for teh sounds right now, unless 1.8 or 1.7 has a bug to fix in the sounds, which I found that the mine has no sound at all.

Just wondering, have you included a sound as a incoming shell fired by a tank/arty peice flies over the player?

Your jets are orgasmic, but the silenced weapons are a little too loud, for instance, the MP5 is said to have an extremely loud click of its bolt compared to the almost noiseless release of the round.

Also, i must say i cant wait for the release, looks awesome,

Stay cool my babies

Let the man tinker in his workshop

i keep checking this every hour, we need this addon!

Me too tounge2.gif

lol me too-rest of the clan are asking for me to add FDF update for our sound pack!

I've sed as good as FDF is i want this one! xmas_o.gif

Another few hours slip by, and no news! I am going crazy here, throw me a bone chammy.

Calm down and wait i am sure when its done Chammy will inform us.

Another few hours slip by, and no news! I am going crazy here, throw me a bone chammy.

We all have our real life next to ArmA wink_o.gif

We all have our real life next to ArmA  wink_o.gif

... real life? wtf is that? yay.gif