Sign in to follow this  
foreverscream

Cannot Play Multi-Player !

I recently purchased the version from 505 Games. I updated to the newest version and tried to play. I can browse online games and get information from the server I am trying to connect to. However, when the game is loading to play, It always crashes to the desktop and tells me the program is no longer responding.

SPECS:

VISTA ULTIMATE (32-bit)

8800GTS 640mb (100.65 drivers)

4gb PC6400 DDR2

Athlon 64 X2 5000+

Realtek 861 8-channel HD sound (on-board)

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

i been playing for some time .... but today april 1 i couldnt connect to mulitplayer either  banghead.gif    dunno whats happening  confused_o.gif

I recently purchased the version from 505 Games. I updated to the newest version and tried to play. I can browse online games and get information from the server I am trying to connect to. However, when the game is loading to play, It always crashes to the desktop and tells me the program is no longer responding.

SPECS:

VISTA ULTIMATE (32-bit)

8800GTS 640mb (100.65 drivers)

4gb PC6400 DDR2

Athlon 64 X2 5000+

Realtek 861 8-channel HD sound (on-board)

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

foreverscream, do you have the same problem if you're hosting your own server ?

Create a LAN game to test it.

I had the same issue after trying to fix audio bug, crippling everything in updating the nforce driver instead of fixing my bug.

I can't be 100% sure it's fixed but reinstalling ArmA seems to be the good way to solve my issue.

Gamespy Server is DOWN, check other threads

I don't think Gamespy is the problem. I have had the game since Friday and haven't been able to run multi-player at all.

I can select a game and get the mission download from the server. The game quits while the wide loading bar is moving across the bottom of the screen. It gets about 3/4 of the way across.

Yes, I think GameSpy is down. I can't get into MP in Hidden & Dangerous 2 either, which also uses GameSpy. It was working fine up until about 7PM UK time... wink_o.gif

Gamespy Server is DOWN, check other threads

I don't think Gamespy is the problem. I have had the game since Friday and haven't been able to run multi-player at all.

I can select a game and get the mission download from the server. The game quits while the wide loading bar is moving across the bottom of the screen. It gets about 3/4 of the way across.

This has nothing to do with GameSpy!!!

Now I've had no game issues at all till yesterday.

I have the same issue on private servers since the 1st of april. I can connect to any server, select player slot, download mission ( if not already got it) and connect, but 3/4's of the way into game mission I get an Debug error.

I request an tech. debug report and get the file but no data in it, even though I've seen it.

I can fix it by using the deletes \SAVE\MPMISSION\*.*, but it still happens.

PC spec;

Dual 2.4Ghz Xeon CPU's

1Gb RIMM

X800

Win XP Pro SP2

DirectX 9.0c

HDD's Ultra320

SB Live PLat 5.1

I look forward to an answer as to why this happens.

@DragoFire

Gamespy is down, read the other posts. You cant play BF2, BF2146 too.

Maybe it's the latest patch! In 1.04 it only crashed sometimes, after installing 1.05 it crashes every time.

I wish people would read these posts before they type crazy_o.gif Any idea what's the actual problem with Gamespy?

i was playin on sunday night and it worked fine

but today i tryed to connect and it lags for a sec

then does not load any game lost sad_o.gif

but i did connect to a game today via IP and it worked fine ...

so i dunno wats going on confused_o.gif

@DragoFire

Gamespy is down, read the other posts. You cant play BF2, BF2146 too.

I'd love to know what Gamespy has to do with this problem??

As the problem happens after joining game server (which one is located in NZ and other in OZ),if the problem was happening when joining server from lobby,then yes I could see the problem related to Gamespy.

BUT this problem is happening in the game server after "ok'ing" player slot for mission and loading mission has finished (host and decicated) and not in the server selection lobby(which I'm guessing is hosted by Gamespy).

@ DragoFire

A lot of people can't even get the MP server list up.  This is related to a problem at GameSpy...  wink_o.gif

@ DragoFire

A lot of people can't even get the MP server list up.  This is related to a problem at GameSpy...  wink_o.gif

It's always handy having two multiplayer issues at the sametime, Gamespy server lobby issue and the in server mission joining drop to desktop issue.

Just love! But it's very odd that both issues started on the 1st of April.

Any words of wisdom from BIS?? notworthy.gif

Yeah if this is someone's idea of an April Fool's hack, they deserve to be shot!!! banghead.gifwink_o.gif

Anyone got any idea why this could be dropping players to desktop after selecting and receiving mission data???

Yeah if this is someone's idea of an April Fool's hack, they deserve to be shot!!!  banghead.gif  wink_o.gif

My thoughts exactly, when the problem initially occured I wondered if someone had hacked into the Gamespy servers. 1st April? Too much of a coincidence if you ask me.

For all who still can't use the Gamespy Browser ingame go and download this

Q-Tracker

It does the same as Gamespy but works from the Desktop ... now you can all play thumbs-up.gif

Now I've been looking into the issue of player dropping from multiplayer missions (not the gamespy server lobby issue,which is in another more detailed topic,as listed above inone of my posts),one thing I've noticed is that any mission that has "spaces" in it's name tends to cause this issue. For some reason the "spaces" are changed to "%20",now I know this relates to browser, but not sure why it'd act the same in AA's multiplayer mission cache.

I'll test this a little bit more to comfirm this. If anyone else notices this please post your info.