Sign in to follow this  
slingblade20000

Is this true about ARMA for PS3?

Quote[/b] ]We are both excited and sorry to announce that BIS is going to release ArmA on the PS3! Much like the acclaimed Xbox release of OFP the PS3 version will advance many features of ArmA, however while OFP: Elite was an improvement Armed Assault on the PS3 is set to be a near revolution.

The games new features will include:

Story driven singleplayer campaign with more than 30 missions

More than 100 weapons, units and vehicles including weapons and vehicles never before seen in OFP and ArmA

Set in the near future circa 2012

A 500km² big Island to explore

View Distance boosted to a massive 15km

Dynamic wildlife (You might be able to watch a lion hunt a gazelle)

Best shading and lightning effects available for the PS3

Dynamic building destruction (the buildings won't simply collapse like they do in Armed Assault (PC))

Improved physics engine

Ability to play online using the Playstation 3 Online Network

Possibility to share user made missions through the Playstation 3 Online Network

many more ...

LoL and heres the real kicker if true

Quote[/b] ]

As for the sorry part, BIS has apologised to PC fans of ArmA as they have had to reallocate much of their resources and personnel into this endeavour. Running on a tight schedule they expect to have a working game by January 2008. However due to this work, ArmA for PC's patches will be delivered much more intermittently than the community had expected, with major delays between patches expected.

At first I didn't think it was an Aprils fools joke because it's not unlikely that it could it happen.

I'm going to kill myself.

FUCK LIFE!@!4!2451%!@#

rofl.gif ........This better be a joke though...

Bad jokes, i hate this insulteding april jokes. band.gif

/lock away & throw away key..

BIS has abandoned the true community.. Probably through EA's marketing influence.

I once believed in BIS sad_o.gif I fought the non-believers, and basically laid slander upon those who did not appreciate them.

If a damned joke... its sooooooo not funny. A funny joke: BIS has signed with CryTek again for OFP2 to be released next month, using the CryTek Engine: Seen here: http://www.gamespot.com/pc....title;1

Since.. that the game (Crysis) has 16,000km standard viewdistance and 400,000sq km levels anyway with X,Y,Z control support...

Can some1 of the holy BI moderators, plz tell us, is this a bad joke or the truth? mad_o.gif

Can some1 of the holy BI moderators, plz tell us, is this a bad joke or the truth? mad_o.gif

Shock gasp horror this can't be true.... ROFL

For a few seconds I really believed that but then I remembered the date and had a good laugh... though this news is quite dangerous for some people ^^

I hope no one commits suicide rofl.gif

For a few seconds I really believed that but then I remembered the date and had a good laugh... though this news is quite dangerous for some people ^^

I hope no one commits suicide rofl.gif

Or goes out and buys a PS3.....

As it already "came out"... this is OT.

Moving.

LOL... i'll admit, when I saw it, I was had for about 36 seconds... talk about bad news ;p

Guest Ti0n3r

Sigh goodnight.gif

Ok I freaked too as I read the by-line. But did these people read the whole article before posting? It's not as if they didn't push the limit in the story.

Maybe if I had not already been zinged, I would not have remembered what today was, and thus continued to twitch and bug out.

Glad someone had already screwed with my head before I read it hehe.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Problem is ,  it does not feel like a joke.

I have friends who have been casual OFP players over the years, enjoyed it a lot, but not into becomming hard core fans. When they ask about buying Arma I cannot recommend it,

The missions and Campaign are franky just appalling, plus issues like headshots, if you are not a committed fan you are not going to run with it

When they are all urging me to buy a copy of STALKER as an imersive game I suspect they are getting a lot more out of the game than I am out of Arma.

I just hope the modding tools appear soon, because there does appear a curious lack of passion from BIS  towards ArmA

which  hopefully in partnership with the community will dissapear.

It is really interesting, how many people believe this. I read some pages of comments on different websites and there are really angry posts around, against BIS and against those, who made up the joke (I think it's good btw biggrin_o.gif )

Seems like many have lost their trust in BIS o.O ^^

Don't BIS already have a good working relationship with XBox?

This news is only posted on Arma sites, no PS3 sites and no general gaming sites.

This is too bad to be true isn't it.

Quote[/b] ]Set in the near future circa 2012

They're trying to make us think this is going to replace Game 2 as well.

also if it is 2012, why present equip on soldier on cover, they wouldn't have bothered making a cover yet and especially not one that is innacurate

Another thing; arma has its US release in 1 month, would BIS announce an improved version on another platform 1 month before they release their biggest game to date in the biggest games market?

Sorry to keep posting, I just can't stop worrying abouth this.

I did believe it, because it would perfectly explain all the past

Right ..