Sign in to follow this  
Banzai!

WTF Seagull

OK so I was playing online yesterday, riding shotgun on an MH-6, when my pilot suddenly teleported out of the freaking heli. By the time I realised this the chopper had gone into an unrecoverable spin and I racked up another death.

I was laying down the abuse to him while waiting to respawn but he said it wasn't his fault- he'd been turned into a seagull midflight! He even flew down next to me upon me respawning.

Seriously WTF? Is this a joke by the (custom) mission designer or some MH6-related bug that needs to be fixed in 1.06huh.gif

It's not that much of a biggie. I told him to respawn and we played the rest of the mission fine.

Lool - i like the MP bug where a burnt out chopper pops into thin air next to you and 5 seconds later it turns into your extraction chopper nener.gif

Well ... such funny things also happened in OFP and these little funny tricks gave us issues to talk about and laugh about too. smile_o.gif Dont take it too serious, its rather funny than a bug.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Mar. 25 2007,23:02)]Well ... such funny things also happened in OFP and these little funny tricks gave us issues to talk about and laugh about too. smile_o.gif Dont take it too serious, its rather funny than a bug.

"Approaching LZ, looks hot, argghh SQWAUK!!!"

Damn I need to make that script!

Do you know, why he was the pilot?

I know, because he wouldn't hit anything with a gun.

Seagull and the weird bullet ballistics are result of "fade".

Search fore the whole answer.

bye

Boecko

bye

Boecko

I dunno, he shot with the best of us.

Oh and BTW I think I should perhaps have posted this in the troubleshooting section.

bye

Boecko

I dunno, he shot with the best of us.

Oh and BTW I think I should perhaps have posted this in the troubleshooting section.

Doesnt matter too much mate, it will probably be closed anyway. smile_o.gif

I thought being turned into Seagulls as the new fade was a myth? At least that's what I seen in the other posts concerning this topic? smile_o.gif

'Fade' is not used by ArmA. It is the copy protection used by Codemasters. Please do your research before making statements.  smile_o.gif

Suddenly turning into a seagull out of the blue and not hitting anything even 2m in front of you are both indicators that a not legit copy or an inofficial patch is used.

Suddenly turning into a seagull out of the blue and not hitting anything even 2m in front of you are both indicators that a not legit copy or an inofficial patch is used.

Maybe 'corrupted' but definitely not fade!  wink_o.gif

Maybe 'corrupted' but definitely not fade! wink_o.gif

Running round rambo style, being out of breath and then trying to lay prone in one go can lead to me not hitting anything 2m's in front of me and I have a legit copy.

It's more that ARMA has some realism built in and some people are just sh*t shots. I know ARMA's protection does funky stuff, but IHMO anyone to cheap to buy the game should be forced to play CS for enternity.

I use a SAW as I have 70 extra chances while you reload to plant 1 bullet in your face. And they seem to scare two shades of shite out of anyone with EAX surround running. You can tell who they are ,fire 30 bullets near them and watch them sprint for the ocean.

'Fade' is not used by ArmA. It is the copy protection used by Codemasters.

I don't think Fade is licensed to codemasters. Even if the word "FADE" is, they certainly won't own the patent to the concept of fade.

And Fade (or a system based on it) has been activated many times in ArmA.

What Deady says fits with what I've read. "FADE" is licensed to codemasters but ArmA is protected from illegitimate copy by some game wrecking algorythm. Your pilot was using a hacked copy of the game in all likelihood.

edit: I love these copy protection schemes that mask themselves as a technical problem. It makes for some hillarious troubleshooting posts. "Hello, I pirated your game. Please support me." Suma's responses are the best. He says that if you really think that you have a legitimate copy that you should get into contact with him directly. If I was him I'd be asking for confirmed personally identifiable information in order to register the copy before I troubleshot anything.

What Deady says fits with what I've read. "FADE" is licensed to codemasters but ArmA is protected from illegitimate copy by some game wrecking algorythm. Your pilot was using a hacked copy of the game in all likelihood.

edit: I love these copy protection schemes that mask themselves as a technical problem. It makes for some hillarious troubleshooting posts. "Hello, I pirated your game. Please support me." Suma's responses are the best. He says that if you really think that you have a legitimate copy that you should get into contact with him directly. If I was him I'd be asking for confirmed personally identifiable information in order to register the copy before I troubleshot anything.

Dear Suma,

I was playing today and my MP5 became a Dildo gun? I was rather shocked. Then later I was flying and I turned into Pamela Anderson, to much amusement from my chopper crew.

But now every time I shoot someone I miss by 5km and a message comes up saying "Buy the game you pikey!".

I tried re-installing from the Silver DVD I bought down the market but to no avail. I can't make out the support info in my photocopied manual. I demand BIH fix my game now or i refuse to buy a pirated version of your games ever again!!!!

My name is Nelson mandela can I get some support?

Note: if only copied films did this, would proabably improve some hollywood blockbusters...

I was just piloting on a server when I and all the 5 people in the cargo turned into seaguls too. Thanks the the guy who rammed us with a repair truck full speed.

I was just piloting on a server when I and all the 5 people in the cargo turned into seaguls too. Thanks the the guy who rammed us with a repair truck full speed.

I LOL'd. rofl.gif