Sign in to follow this  
ricoadf

ADF Mod

adfarmasig15.jpg

G'day guys,

Just letting everyone know that ADF Mod (from OFP) has gone ArmA. We're after texturers etc to finish the Bushmaster and others. Also we need people that can help convert the addons over to ArmA smile_o.gif , sofar we have the Tiger ingame wink_o.gif

whereami.jpg

Nice textures.

There will be 3 tigers in Arma (ADF, BW and OFrP)

Are the three versions different in real life? (I know the German one differs from the French one. The aussie one might be the same as the French one plus it has just been announced that France would get hellfires like Australia...cheaper than paying for the integration of another kind of missile...) sorry for the o/t.

I can texture, If you want you can flick me the base textures if you have any along with what part of the vehicle theyre from and I can whip something up for you guys.

I will work on the bushmaster tomorrow Rico, for sure wink_o.gif

I will have a progress report of it by saturday.

Regards

Martijn

Thanks mate wink_o.gif

So we still need people to texture the ASLAV etc biggrin_o.gif

As for the Tiger differences here:

Tiger HAP

The Tiger HAP/HCP (Helicoptere d'Appui Protection / Helicopter for Close Protection) is a medium-weight air-to-air combat and fire support helicopter built for the French Army.

It is fitted with a chin-mounted 30 mm gun turret and 68 mm SNEB unguided rockets for the fire support role as well as Mistral air-to-air missiles.

UH Tiger

Tiger UHT of the German Army

The UHT (from Unterstützungshubschrauber Tiger; Ger. supporting helicopter Tiger) is a medium-weight multi-role fire support helicopter built for the Bundeswehr (German Army).

The UHT can carry Trigat "fire and forget" and/or HOT3 anti-tank missiles as well as 70 mm SNEB air-to-ground fire support rockets. Four AIM-92 Stinger missiles (2 on each side) are mounted for air-to-air combat. Unlike the HAP/HCP version it has no integrated gun turret, but a 12.7 mm gunpod can be fitted if needed. The German Army decided against the French 30 mm GIAT cannon that is used on other Tiger versions because of the recoil. The upgrade of the UHT with the Rheinmetall RMK30, a 30 mm recoilless autocannon, is not yet clarified due the budget.

Another noticeable difference with the HAP version is the use of a mast-mounted sight, which has a second-generation infrared channel and a TV channel.

Countermeasures include radar/laser/missile launch/missile approach warning receivers and decoy launchers.

Tiger ARH

The Tiger ARH (Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter) is the version used by the Australian Army. The Tiger ARH is a modified and upgraded version of the Tiger HAP with upgraded MTR390 engines as well as a laser designator incorporated in the Strix sight for the firing of Hellfire II air-to-ground missiles. Instead of the SNEB unguided missile, the ARH use the 70 mm(2.75Inch) rockets developed in Belgium.

Tiger HAD

The Tiger HAD (Hélicoptère d'Appui Destruction [3]/ Support Destruction Helicopter) version is essentially identical to the HAP version, but with 14% more engine power available due to the upgraded Enhanced MTR390 engines and a better ballistic protection. It can also be equipped with the Trigat anti-tank missiles that were originally developed for the German UHT version.

Hope that helps smile_o.gif

Thanks for the details Rico.

One correction tho: France dropped the Trigat program and is going to buy Hellfires off the shelf (It is cheaper that way because, Hellfire is already compatible with Tigre -> Australia.)

The decision was made after a french pilot tested/evaluated the Hellfire on an Australian Tiger:

http://www.missilesandfirecontrol.com/our_new....606.htm

French army leans towards US missile

As for the Tiger differences...

The aussie Tiger has corks hanging from the ends of the rotor

blades of course! biggrin_o.gif

Looking forward to some decently done Australian stuff,

though. yay.gif

Hi RicoADF,

Nice tiger, a very beautiful chopper smile_o.gif

Are you working from real texture photography?

Yes we made it using real photo's gathered from the internet and other sources thumbs-up.gif

And yer, i just quoted that from Wikapedia, i remember someone telling me France had gone Hellfire II also. The ARH Tiger test fire your referring to was very successful, apparently it was the most accurate missile firing on any airborne platform smile_o.gif