Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

hey predator,

i have the modwar14 version, but how do i get the laser for the cobra?

i see you have the laserlock = 1 but i can seem to get it to work. any advise?

Hi,

I've also got some questions: -Have you got some news about 44khz sounds?

-If so, can we expect them to be included in 0.15?

Thanks in advance for your answers. (and i really can't wait ^^).

The latest previews are all in 44khz, but since I cannot record the sound with HW acceleration turned on, you don't get the full picture of what they really sound like.

Thanks, sorry for my mistake.

Another stuff i could suggest is to make tracers brighter, as did Opticalsnare into his mod and explained in this thread (ninth post). That's just a suggestion.

Will look into that.

First thing the patch is released, I will use the new config's in my sound only mod and later on change the configs.

Trying to document all the changes this time.

Let's wait for the patch, there will be huge improvements, especially realistic improvements as you can see here.

Btw, in your previous version, g36 still had vanilla sound, as I know you're german, can we expect new g36 sounds?

About tracers modification, i tested it quickly, and imho, that's more eyes-candy compared to vanilla tracers and more realistic in a certain way.

Now that the game (1.05) is starting to look and feel as it should your sound mod-only is a highly awaited feature! Hope you find the time and effort to continue the nice work from 1.02 and incoperate one of the last but really importante feature missing in this game - authetic sounds...

best whishes

Abbe

Only thing I need is the configs and I am ready to start.

First I will create the sounds-only mod (89 new sounds so far) and afterwards, I will modify the configs, to change ArmA into what it should be like...

Will the sound-only mod be a stand-alone PBO or would we have to do the same thing as before?

I really wanted to install it on our server, you see. I am willing to use my server to beta test the MP performance of your mod biggrin_o.gif

Next (upcoming) build will be standalone and easy to install.

Beta testing a sound-only mod won't be necessary, I guess, since the sounds are only client-side.

The config-mod, however, with it's features, could need some testing.

Is it possible to change the sounds without changing the config? B/c i'm not able to join multiplayer servers where different configs aren't allowed when i'm using the sound only mod... or have i done sth wrong?

By the way I LOVE YOUR WORK BUDDY

Keep up the good work!

Well, the issue is, I have to change the config in any case.

Only the server admins can allow specific changes, if I remember correctly.

There is no way to create a sound mod without interfering with the "anti-cheat" prevention.

Some server admin might be helpful and allow such modification to be used. In cooperative missions it would not be an issue, since everybody fights for the same side.

In adverserial modes, however, the issue is fairness, if not everybody uses the mod.

The solution might be the same as with versions up to 1.04. If there is no equalmod check, the mod could be loaded but a message will be shown. Fake modfolders won't be detected, though.

Maybe some servers will run the config & sound mod, this will be the best way to play the game, because the possibilities are better.

Hey predator! when can we expect the release of your soundmod 1.05?

The original sounds truly S U C K !

keep up the good work!

Really looking forward to your next release matey as you said it will be easy to install yay.gif

Can't wait! Wanted to get my hands on this baby for a loooong time...

Skimbo

i can't wait either. I wish knew how to understand all the values in the files so i could do it with my sounds. hopefully predator will use my superior sounds with his talent at config edits.

that would be something truly amazing.

Does someone knows what the name for the M4 silenced shoot sound is called? Can't find it anywhere.. I have made a new sound for that.. The original simply fuckin sux

Does someone knows what the name for the M4 silenced shoot sound is called? Can't find it anywhere.. I have made a new sound for that.. The original simply fuckin sux

Search at the forum next time, will ya? wink_o.gif

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=58992

Anyway... the soundfile is named MP5_single5.wss as you can see in the link above.

i can't wait either. I wish knew how to understand all the values in the files so i could do it with my sounds. hopefully predator will use my superior sounds with his talent at config edits.

that would be something truly amazing.

Will both ThePredator's mod and yours merge into a single mod or am I badly supposing?

Let us all pray and hope that all quality sounds merge into one quality soundpack. After all that we ArmA players has had to put up with we kind of deserve it, right? wink_o.gif

/Abbe

well i asked him to merge our mods and he said he prefers his own sounds which was pretty fucked up becuase mine are clearly both higher quality and more realistic.

he did add me to MSN though so maybe he has come to his senses.

Yours are definitely not more realistic. There's some realism issues with Predators, but his are the far more realistic sounds. Before bashing his work, please take into account other's opinions and testimony.

As somebody who spent a good while firing C7A1s, I can tell you Predator's sound far more like gunshots than yours do. Plus yours sound like they were recorded in an echo chamber.

Any chance on getting that supersonic crack sound from the BF2 mod yet? smile_o.gif

Can't wait for the 1.05 version of your mod BTW!!