Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

I will start working on the config mod when the final 1.07 or 1.08 is out, don't want to rewrite everything if they change their mind and drop or change stuff like the damage/armor system.

I am really looking forward to it! Great job!

also something still isn't right with the m203 grenades, they sound really strange now, sorta like a girls fart while shes in the sheets with ya (dutch oven).

Greatest analogy I've ever heard. +100. rofl.gif Man, you must know some pretty seedy chicks.

I like em all tounge2.gif

and as far as the page for the mod goes I'll have to get to work on it this afternoon so mabey by wednsday i can have it done

The M203 sounds right to me. It's a simple *thump*, nothing wrong with it biggrin_o.gif

The sound is not played properly in this video, I had a source for a high quality M203 shot.

Does anyone know if there is a file size / length limitation for Damage sounds?

Tried to add some warnings to the soundDammage but it is not played.

Hate that beep thing.

really can't wait for updated version ...

most of sounds are great ...

Which rifle you are referring to, deadsheep?

The M16A4 M203's are not changed and the M16A2 sound is just like the real deal. This ain't the M79 after all.

You can get the file from Armaholic.net:

Download

ok mabey i have an older version, im gonna try it and make sure

the one i got after testing had the same sound for all guns with m203 and it sounded wrong for sure.. gonna test this one and make a mirror for ya (alot faster)

pred have you even checked my pm, It contains a link to my m203 which is very clear and realistic. wink_o.gif

@griff: Yes, checked the sounds, they are a bit distorted to use them in ArmA, would sound like YouTube in-game.

Sorry for that.

Congratulation for this wonderful sound mod! I have several suggestion:

1- could you make sounds for the switzerland mod to make this mod perfect?

2- could you release another config mod which would be compatible with the other addons and with a normal fov?

3- When you are under fire, that would be nice to hear some ricochet sounds and the power of the impacts on rocks and walls.

4- You should add the sound of the wind but I don't know if the engine allow it.

Continue like that, you're the best!

Ola Predator, awesome job you got it released and as a nice overwriting classes mod smile_o.gif

I'll have a look at your work ASAP. Havent had time to get around to your question about the A-10, dunno if it's still valid?

1: I don't work with them, but if I find sounds that will fit their weaponry, I will offer the sounds for use in their mod.

2: I will start workin on the config mod ASAP, however, the final patch has to be released first. There will be two versions, one that has no zoom and one that has the current 1.07b zoom

3: There are richochet sounds played, but the amount of deflection rounds is quite small, if I find good impact sounds for walls and other material, I will use them

4: It is possible, I guess. You can place such sounds in the editor as well. Don't know if wind is available, but it should be.

Thanks for the input.

As a small progress update, I've uploaded a video to YouTube.

@sickboy: Nope, but thanks for the offered help !

seems ok maybe the highs in vocal saying 'caution' are way too high ...

Mhh..the sound is from some unknown aircraft...I thought the high voice is somehow nice, I got a deeper sounding female, but the beeps are much louder. I decreased the actual volume a bit, maybe that'll help.

I got a shitload of cockpit warning but only one event I can use them for...

Anyway, wanted to hear your opinion.

Sampel One

Sample Two

#2 because it sounds smoother. I never heard a real harrier engine before so I wouldint know whats more real.

Here's a little update on the work I'm doing with Predator, a litle feedback would be great fixins.

ArmA Sound progress

Good sound, just 2 problems: the ak and m16 sounds like some 22 and the vulcan sound is really too slow and looks like a M2

Good sound, just 2 problems: the ak and m16 sounds like some 22 and the vulcan sound is really too slow and looks like a M2

Awesomeness,

Yes I knew I would get that comment. The problem with the ArmA engine , without it being altered and changed the vulcan, as we here it is that way but then would be played by another weapon but of a different rate of fire, and then it would look weird, so I did what I could and kept it in between. Really, the vulcan should sound like an actual vulcan cannon off of an A10 as we all know it.

As for the rifles sounding like 22's? The sound mod is aimed at "authentic" so there isnt going to be movie like sound effects or like some of the rifles you see and hear off of combat footage on youtube. A 22 would sound close to a silenced pistol, in actuallity a silenced M4 or such with the 5.56 and so on is much louder than a 22 long rifle. Until Predator IM me on this, I can change the vulcan but the original sound sample by BI for the vulcan, IS in fact much slower because it is implemented onto another weapon totally different from the M167. I wish BI couldve done their homework, whcih I hope will be workd out in the next patch.

Some sounds are really nice, some are not biggrin_o.gif

Let's try to sort them out.

The 2A42 and AGS30 are pretty cool. The jet engine is awesome.

The M61, however, is not even close to the real sound, the SVD is similar to mine, the ZSU 23/4 is quite good..the MP5SD is way off, RPG7, well, sounds strange, and yeah, the PK is an understatement. M4, too. M203 sounds like mine, detonation, too.

Makarov is OK, AK74 is not. GP-25 is pretty good, reload too long, but ok, the AT-5 sounds a bit off.

Btw, the M61 Vulcan is NOT the GAU-8, its only 20mm, not 30mm. I got a recorded sound, the humm as it is IRL.

Ive no experience with real firearms but the mp5sd dosent sound too good.

Otherwise the rest of the sounds are cool thumbs-up.gif

What i really like about the sounds in both the video link you posted and the sounds from pred is the delay/echo you get a second or so after the initial firing sound (does that make sense??). A good example is the M4 (at least i think its the M4) in your video Chammy. this is what initially drew me to preds mod as it sounds "realistic" to me and really adds depth to the sound.

Anyway, keep up the good work guys !!

Steven.

Hey Pred, um, I wanted to re iterate about the sounds , I dont want to soundl like an ass or anything , , but, per say, the SVD, is the 240 sound I sent you a few months ago, the RPG sound, I will post the link if its not right on to anyones knowledge here, the 203, I either sent you that file also a while back OR, if you had downloaded my OFP sound mod back in 2005 you will notice where the simularity is, as some sounds that were put into the FDF mod are actually the ones I created for my OFP sound mod , and if anyone wants to difer then I can post the link up to Lulu.com, apparently some peeps at the time I posted , they 've asked me if they could use the sounds in their mods, its all good though since I posted for the public, its fair game for any to use. tounge2.gif The detonation is a mixture of 2 exp types to give it more beef, the AT5 can sound like as many as it would, depending on where the camera angle is and what kind too, it really should sound like a really huge car back fire blast.

The Vulcan , I have the vulcan sample for it, but if it is used in unison with another weapon it will sound wrong, unless you can fix that in the config which I dont know how to do confused_o.gif

since you werent able to decipher through PM option.