Sign in to follow this  
morry67

Connection Problem !?

Just purchased Armed Assault on 8th March 2007 after 5 year wait.  Will not start on my machine which meets all specs and is fully updated /patched whatever.  I have tried starting game without patch (ver 1.04 ) and with patch (ver 1.05) . The PC sits there for a few seconds..the small disc shows on screen ..then the copy protection blocks show up with the ticks in them....then it comes up with "ArmA has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Each and every time..3 installs ....I can play the demo and had a german version I PAID for and downloaded in November and that worked as I was so keen to get this game as me and my mates have played OFP solid at LANs for 5 years.

But this wont even start!!

Please give me some idea of whom I can contact for support as all  contact numbers are overseas and make no mention of AUSTRALIA. (and I am not ringing the number on the box and paying $2.50 minute for the privledge)

Pentium 2.4ghz

1Gig Ram

Gigabyte GA-8S655FX MB

Nvidia 6600 GS 128Meg Ram

Win XP SP 2 all updated

DirectX 9.0c

Nortons Internet Security (on)

Armed Assault 1.04 (patching to 1.05 makes no diff)

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having the same prob mate. When it comes up about the error, click view report & up the top right will be the error. Mine is a winmm.dll error, I have to reinstall XP or try & find the winmm.dll somewhere. Hope this helps. BTW What part of Aust mate? I'm in Brisbane.

I am in Perth

Thanks for the quick reply mate.

I will have to look into that error then ...there is a post on here somewhere about the same thing.

Cheers

Morry

If reinstalling directx fixes the issue please report back so the wiki TS FAQ can be updated.

hoz

I'm in Brisbane as well wink_o.gif

And yes, I can't play the game I forked $89 bucks out for either....but my problem only crops up if I patch to 1.05...thent he game won't run....doesn't matter which patch I use....

sad_o.gifbanghead.gif

It's a longshot, but try to disable Norton security products during installation or playing.

Monk.

Fixed it!!!!!

All I had to do was back up EVERYTHING on my machine then reinstall XP and then SP2, Nortons, all my programs etc etc.

But bloody AA now works.........

Well for 5 minutes anyway then it locks up like all of mates copies do as well (5 of them have lockups after 5-10 minutes)

After 5 years this is not good enough Bohemia!!!!

We have waitied and waited for the sequel to the best Mil;itary Sim we have ever played and we get a game that still crashes after 5 patches!!!!.....

As for my issue it was Winmm.dll..........I even took my Hard Drive out of my machine and plugged into another to remove the winmm.dll file and tried a new one once back in my machine...Nope ..no good............unistalling Directx is not possible on XP........the fix above is for Win95......even without Nortons installed it still crashed.

I suggest if yopu have WINMM.DLL you will need to reinstall XP to fix it as my friend above suggested...

Now I am waiting for Patch 1.06....1.07?.....1.15huh.gif

Morry

That`s strange.

Arma works with Win2K Prof. SP3 and Vista Home Premium 32bit for me.

All versions of Arma worked, 1.00, 1.01, 1.02 and now 1.05.

I use the German DVD version with no language mods.

It's working here as well on XP SP2 and Vista Pemium build 5744. SO far haven't crashed using 1.05... When I play it's usually 1-2 hous.

And here goes the millionth person with an AC97 onboard soundchip.

- Download and install the Drivers from Realtek ( Link is in sticky "Winmm.dll error" thread.

- Afterwards install the Open AL thing.

- If you have any K-light codec packs installed, uninstall them to avoid sound artifacts.

If you have any K-light codec packs installed, uninstall them to avoid sound artifacts.

Desertfox, can you please share some more information, about what you mean with that?

I'm asking because I have always the latest k-lite mega codec packs installed and rarely encounter sound problems (Audigy 2 ZS)

-

First and foremost, I got those installed to correctly replay

(game-)videos of all kind, without ever getting bothered to have to download any codec.

Perfect, so far.

I havent been using my onboard AC97 chip since I had the board..I disabled it in the BIOS and use a Sound Blaster Audigy SE.....I did this as Jack Sensing was screwed up on the on board sound.

I am using a Sound Blaster Audigy SE (or LE?)

And I downloaded the latest drivers for that and still had the winmm.dll prob.

I have the same system setup after a full reinstall and the problem has not re-occurred so it doesnt appear to be the AC97 chip?

Or can that still cause probs when its disabled in bios...oh and btw I did a full re-install of XP AFTER I disabled it...it didnt get the chance to load any drivers.

What do you reckon?

Hi

I have had similar problems with ArmA not even running. It would load all but the last 2 check boxes and then stop responding.

My spec is -

Asus p5wdg2 WS pro mo'bo

Geforce 8800gtx

Vista Ultimate

What I found my error to be was an I/O conflict with my drive setup. It may be worth checking your event viewers and having a look to see what windows is up to.

I had previously tried all of the other related solutions, reinstall direct x, graphics drivers, BIOS updates, disable this, enable that, look at the floor, shout a bit, reboot etc etc.

so, it may help someone..

and yes,, mine does crash out occasionally.. hang on in there soldiers.

I had the same problem, last two boxes not checked then microsoft error report. I disabled AC97 onboard now it starts OK but no sound. I have been told by 505 support to load 1.2 drivers for the time being, but not tried yet.

The last 2 boxes never get checked.

And if you experience crashes, lockups etc. with Vista then consider using ArmA on the OS it was developed for: Windows XP smile_o.gif

@ Troop: I can not confirm that at 100% but after I uninstalled the K-light codec pack my sound was fine. I had severe sound issues in game before. Could not hear gun shots and such. Maybe just a coincidence.

@ Sedgie: Please re-enable your AC97 and download these drivers: Realtek A3.98 AC97 drivers

@ All: Make sure you also have the most recent chipset drivers for your mainboard installed as well.

Hello ; ( its my first post smile_o.gif )

I signed up because I have a serious problem ...

When I try To Join a server ( any type ) in Multiplayer the bar on the left goes for 2-3 times along and then it appears always "Connection Problem" ( or something similar ). I have a T1 Lan Connection that is perfect in other games giving me no problems at all ( having wonderful pings ), Now I updated my new PC with Windows Vista and the Following Hardware :

Intel core 2 duo E6700

Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX Asus

Asus P5B DH Deluxe

SoundBlaster X-FI XtremeMusic

Dell 2407WFP

Windows Vista 32bit

With my old PC ( total Crap ) on the demo i did not have any problems joining servers ... and Now I have problems with the new one ... Although Its Always the Same Connection I use !!!!!.

Please Help Me because my main focus is the Multi !!! banghead.gif

Thankyou. smile_o.gif

Have you triple checked the built-in firewall and the other "security stuff" Vista comes with? Sounds to me like a problem with the firewall.

Have you used the Demo under Vista too? Maybe the firewall blocks internat access for ArmA now because the Arma.exe has been changed (checksum check).

But since I don't use Vista I can only guess here.

And yep, consider using ArmA under the OS it was developed for. Atleast until there's an official announcement that it's Vista compatible.

@Nebbietta-Milanese

As Wolle said check your Firewall! For a quick test go to system search for the Firewall and turn it off. Start ArmA and see if it works now. If yes turn your Firewall back on and follow this guide Link

and make sure ArmA is allowed to communicate through Firewall.

Hope this will fix your Problem.

@Desertfox

You will see this questions coming up more and more since Vista is the OS which will come up with most new PC´s buyed today and in future which Finalrelease was 2 month after ArmA and public Beta´s where available long before ArmA release. So don´t blame Vista users when you don´t know a little about it. Also as i said 100 times before ArmA is doing fine on Vista except the 1.05 problems which also can be seen on XP Systems.

And if there are really problems related only to Vistasystems i think BIS is already working on it since US release is still to be done and there will be some more Vistausers. Don´t think it would be good for marketing to tell US Gamers sorry you need to downgrade your System because for our 2007 released game we can´t give you support for Vista.

So think about it no one forced you to read threads related to Vista problems and if you cant help maybe you could stay out it keeps it easier for others with the same problem to find a solution instead of reading 300 useless posts.

greets

You don't seriously think bumping the thread will speed things up. Especially after you have been given advice already.

Solution: Install your game under Windows XP. If BIS officially announces Vista compatibility one day, you are entitled to receive support.

@ bionic. Support is not a matter of speculating how future decisions might get something to work. It's about providing a solution. So until BIS announces Vista compatibility, I will tell every Vista user seeking support on this forum the same thing: No support. Check the game manual for the correct OS.