Sign in to follow this  
MulleDK13

Patch 1.05 Graphics Issue!

Hi. After I install patch 1.05 the graphics starts to suck... Models only consists of very few polygons, and the trees are just flat squares.

Only in patch 1.05! I've tried everything! As soon as I go back to 1.04, it works like a charm!

What's your PC specs and what settings do you run ArmA?

I've noticed that the LODs take longer to load now that I installed patch 1.05. That and a drop in overall performance.

Where I used to average about 30FPS with all settings on high/very high @ 1280x1024, I now get a significant drop, I guess about an average of 20FPS, even if I turn down the settings, for instance I put everything at normal except terrain detail, shading and HDR at very low and at a res. of 1024x860 but I don't get an acceptable performance increase sad_o.gifconfused_o.gif

I used to be able to fly over Sahrani in the Harrier at high speed with details on high and it would be smooth except over large towns and forests where it would get a little jerky, but now its a constant jerkiness i have to put up with, like its constantly calculating the area ahead.

I'm thinking about reverting to 1.04

sad_o.gif

My system:

XP 3800+

1Gb DDR RAM

Factory overclocked 7800GT with 512mb VRAM

Onboard AC97 sound

Win XP SP2

Latest drivers

Hi. After I install patch 1.05 the graphics starts to suck... Models only consists of very few polygons, and the trees are just flat squares.

Only in patch 1.05! I've tried everything! As soon as I go back to 1.04, it works like a charm!

Noticed exactly the same yesterday.

Yesterday means: fresh install and ungrade.

1.05 sucks

System:

P4D 820

2x1gig Ram

GF 7600GS 256 MB

1.05 sucks…??!  banghead.gif  OF COURSE!!!!

As I already said, I find scandalous that BIS does not declare officially that the version 1.05 suffers from a serious graphic problem!

I am on Vista X86 with one 8800 gtx and Core Duo 6600, in short a "good†configuration… It is inadmissible to be unable to make simply function the plays in HIGH because of an error of update!

THEREFORE, once again, PLEASE BIS, give us an official message and STOP believing that a new Nvidia driver will correct the problem!

sad_o.gif

PS: I've uninstall the game... mad_o.gif

Funnily enough I've been having very peculiar problems of late.. Typical things happen such as:

Trees become flat objects

Stryker model becomes a square with diamond shaped wheels, then back to hi res model, then back to square/diamonds.

Flying sometimes in a Cobra causes a massive stutter for about 10 seconds then I know I'm dead. During this the gunners head becomes a diamond squashed thing..

Very bizarre..

Running Athlon 64 3500XP with Geforce 6800GT 256mb PCI-E with latest drivers...

confused_o.gif

My system specs is:

Motherboard: ASUS A8V-X

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3700+

RAM: 1gb Ram

Display: Geforce 6600gt (128 mb ram)

Sound: Onboard

I've tried all settings.. Very Low and Very High... Makes no difference... The graphics is still messed up.

Also... I've noticed that if the graphics occur and I restart the game, they are still there... But if I close the game and remove the profile settings from "My Documents", the graphics are back to normal (for about 5-10 minutes).

For me, the textures not loading appear after time playing, and they usually appear after a while, it's just long, very long to load sometimes. Probably related to the amount of textures to load compared to my GC bandwidth, and the amount of textures already loaded.

Being ATI, the ATI driver memory leak surely does not help in my case.

Throwing a few ideas in :

- it's perhaps related to the new grass system. Did you test on a non grass island addon ? (so that you can put settings relatively high, but not having the new long range grass layer)

- or the new memory management listed in 1.05 readme. Did you try changing the -maxmem parameter?

Does you HDD, like mine when the issue occurs, work like crazy all the time?

I have the same graphic card, and the same amout of RAM, but I didn't notice any problem.

From my experience :

This lod problem appears when you are out of video memory. With 128Mb card, even in low, I need the AGP aperture size (RAM allocated for video memory). I have try with serveral value

32, 64 -> Not enough

128 -> Good

Maybe, with the "new memory system" in 1.05, the game uses more RAM and then, there is no memory left for the agp aperture (this can explain the crazy HDD, HDD is use beacause no ram left)

Try to use -maxmem (if it's still effective in 1.05) with a value X, where X = Memory available before launching game - AGP aperture size - some extra for security

For exemple, I have 600 Mb free before launching game, my aperture size is 128 Mb, I will use something like -maxmem=400

I used to have this problem and it went away after increasing AGP aperture size to max and page file, i dont know about pci-e cards...

This doesnt affect everyone so i doubt its a game bug. Arma loads very fast and the lod over distance transitions are very smooth.

Quote[/b] ]Stryker model becomes a square with diamond shaped wheels, then back to hi res model, then back to square/diamonds.

I got this error with the speedboat in the mission where you trap SLA armor and ambush them. The speedboat wasn't the only thing affected, the whole game did this the city where the mission was played would dissappear then reappear with the speedboat problem. The game would 'refresh' itself like this every 2, 5 or 10 seconds.

This error occured at around 2 hours of play. This did not happen with 1.04.

Windows XP SP2

7600GS 512MB

1GB RAM

Intel Pentiium 2.66 GHz

All ArmA settings to normal except blood which was at high.

Could it be patch 1.05 or my computer?

I dont have this problem, im running:

P4HT 3Ghz

1GB DDR RAM

512MB X1300 Radeon

Not a top of the line card, but does the job fine smile_o.gif

I used to have this problem and it went away after increasing AGP aperture size to max and page file, i dont know about pci-e cards...

This doesnt affect everyone so i doubt its a game bug. Arma loads very fast and the lod over distance transitions are very smooth.

I didn't have these problems before the 1.05 patch. Therefor I do think it's an bug. No other game ever forced me to change my AGP aperture.

Besides before you start giving free advice try to inform yourself what the bios AGP aperture option really means. Increasing AGP aperture size to max can actually decrease your performance, due to the fact that it eats away from your RAM

Quote[/b] ]The game would 'refresh' itself like this every 2, 5 or 10

That's exactly what happens to me.. Crap textures, good textures then suddenly soldiers will turn into a massive polygon as though someone has put a model into O2 and extruded absolutely every vertex about 100 feet outwards...

SO NO-ONE KNOWS HOW TO FIX THIS STUPID ANNOYING TEXTURE BUG!?!? ITS NOT EVEN FIXEDI N 1.06 beta banghead.gif

If u have 2gb of RAM, turn off windows pagefile, It has eliminated texture loading problems completely for me + game runs much smoother xmas_o.gif

i DONT have 2gb memory sad_o.gif and i have tried literally everything

- different graphics settings

- older graphics drivers

- latest ATI drivers

- beta 1.06 patch

- motherboard drivers

- AGP Aperture settings

- Bigger pagefile

- smaller pagefile

- No pagefile

- ATI graphic tweaks

- Graphic card fans to 100%

ect ect ect.

NOTHING WORKS!!!! ARGGH

deevius whats ur specs??

seems like u need a new videocard

i know this sounds stupid, but lower ur settings in-game whistle.gifwhistle.gif

AMD Athlon 2800+

1 GB RAM

X800 Pro 256mb Videocard

x800 pro should be able to handle this game at medium settings. I can play Oblivion, FEAR, Prey ect. at high graphic settings with no problem - there's absolutely no reason it shouldn't be able to handle Armed Assault's rather simplistic graphics

i've already got on pretty much low settings, only 1024x768 resolution (on a 19" monitor :-/) Terrain: low, Objects: low, Texture: normal (but ive tried low aswell, dont even tell me to use Very Low)

nothing makes a difference. Did you not read the part where i said i've already tried playing with all the graphics settings? IVE TRIED EVERYTHING

and i cant afford to upgrade either banghead.gif

feel like this game was a waste of money

well that athlon xp is not anywhere decent to play Arma: Remember that ppl with very highend systems have troubles playing Arma at high settings. This is just another game, wich requires next gen hardware to run it properly.

On the side note, I run this game with 1280x1024 with everything normal/low and shadows disabled. with 15-50 fps.

try overclocking ur GFX/CPU biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

dear mulledk13

you haven't used search in forum !

many many people have problems after 1.05

If u have 2gb of RAM, turn off windows pagefile, It has eliminated texture loading problems completely for me + game runs much smoother xmas_o.gif

the pagefile has nothing to do with the video card or loading of textures....that for sure will certainly make windows unstable....sooner or later you will find out what I mean.

@ Mar. 13 2007,20:58)]
Quote[/b] ]The game would 'refresh' itself like this every 2, 5 or 10

That's exactly what happens to me.. Crap textures, good textures then suddenly soldiers will turn into a massive polygon as though someone has put a model into O2 and extruded absolutely every vertex about 100 feet outwards...

Nobody knows how to fix this graphics issue?

2.66 GHz Intel Pentium 4

Nvidia 7600 GS 512MB

1GB RAM

ArmA settings mostly low. Some normal.