AMA31

1.4 VS 1.5 with E6600 + 8800GTX

Version 1.4

arma2007031017332624mj5.png

Version 1.5

arma2007031017145820ni0.png

I think ill stick with 1.4  tounge2.gif

plenty of problems check the screens confused_o.gif

seems to be a drop in FPS there including the missing textures hope they fix it somehow help.gif

Looks good to me, I don't see the problem, It's prolly your fault you didn't defrag, reformat, defrag again, run registry cleaner twice and also spy-ware cleaners after patching.

It happens to all of us sometimes.

Looks good to me, I don't see the problem, It's prolly your fault you didn't defrag, reformat, defrag again, run registry cleaner twice and also spy-ware cleaners after patching.

It happens to all of us sometimes.

heh yer right

we need 1.6 soon i think

EXACTLY THE SAME FOR ME !!!!! And sometimes, the game completly crashes !!!

>>> The patch 1.05 is so great...except this HUGE bug!

SO Please BIS... GIVE US A 1.06 PATCH PLEASE!!!!

whistle.gif

PS: I am relieved...  rofl.gif I thought my XFX card had a problem!

does anyone of you actually try not playing on high or very high settings? I just wonder because I play on a computer barely reaching the minimal specs for arma and those sorts of things I get when I set my graphical settings too high or when there are too many units in an area. I know this is not a permanent "solution" but you might be able to play the game with 1.5 (and thus online) it just won't look as pretty until those performance issues get sorted out.

PS: I am relieved... rofl.gif I thought my XFX card had a problem!

Ehh... maybe his XFX has a problem too ?!? biggrin_o.gif

Only kidding.. I think the texture problem is related to something else... mapping, memory usage, or game itself. Im no expert with graphics though.

does anyone of you actually try not playing on high or very high settings? I just wonder because I play on a computer barely reaching the minimal specs for arma and those sorts of things I get when I set my graphical settings too high or when there are too many units in an area. I know this is not a permanent "solution" but you might be able to play the game with 1.5 (and thus online) it just won't look as pretty until those performance issues get sorted out.

In fact, the problem is exactly the same on high, medium or low settings... even with the defauts settings !

I noticed a thing: by putting the resolution on defaut, I do not have any bug with a setviewdistance of 0 but as soon as I modify this value (on maximum for example) the computer charges with difficulty (...normal) but just after a 360° rotation, the bugs of textures appear...

sad_o.gif

PS: Sorry for my pooring english... really hard to explain it !

it does seem a lot more responsive at medium settings but thats not the point.

I would expect to play it at at least "HIGH" at 1900x1200

instead i have to play it at 1280x1024 "NORMAL" as attached.

i havent tested 1.5 yet at "NORMAL" ill keep you updated

arma2007031020324708st4.png

just confirmed it then i just re-loaded 1.5 and im missing textures all over the place again and the FPS has dropped to around 20 or 30 at "normal" 1280x1024

any how im done here until they bring out 1.6 or someone finds a fix i can only play this at 1.4 band.gif

I've had these problems with both 1.04 and 1.05. It really sucks, I want to play Arma sad_o.gif

Same problem here!

With 1.02 i was able to max out all settings without any Problem.

Sure it isn´t playable with all settings at max but it was possible and it is nice to take great screens enjoy the nature... you know.

Also it was possible to play with higher settings without any probs and fit the settings to my needs.

With 1.05 iam forced to scale the settings down to Low to play 2 hours without a crash but still at this settings the texture load is horrible and ArmA looks like OFP. My settings at the moment:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156....MG]

It is a shame that i have to play with this settings to not crash the game.

Don´t know BIS is aware of this problem but i think they are and they work on a hotfix for it.*hope so*

Also my question is do all 8800 User have this Problems when they max their settings? Is there a difference between CZ version and (morphicon,505) version? Maybe it is another problem with Securom as it was on 1.00 german release?

Plz. no flaming about the copyprotection this is only a thought.I only want to know starforce users got the same prob. with the 8800 cards or not.

greets

I have GF8800GTS and german ArmA patched from 1.02 -> 1.05.

I can(as with 1.02) max out everything with 1680x1050(widescreen 16:10) but after ~5minutes of play the fps go down. After Alt+Tab or changing the shadows from high->disable->high to "reload" the engine, fps are high again for another ~5minutes.

At the moment I use this settings:

ArmA_105_Settings.jpg

Very playable but sometimes I also get the fps drop..

Looks like new NVIDIA drivers will not fix the problem.

Read here...

MfG Lee huh.gif

Don´t know BIS is aware of this problem but i think they are and they work on a hotfix for it.*hope so*

I'm sure they are aware !!! and the minimum, I think, should be to tell it clearly and to say they are working on it ! Because actually, we seems all stupid with this problem !

The 1.05 patch is a HUGE update and I think, "it's ashamed" to get these problems, especially for us, with a 8800 GTX and e6600...

Also my question is do all 8800 User have this Problems when they max their settings? Is there a difference between CZ version and (morphicon,505) version?

Personaly, I have the german version and with the 1.02 version, I had not any problems: everything was on "FULL" at 2048x1536 on my 22" crt !!

SO I'm sure it's a bug in the 1.05 and not because of the "editor"... (I would say)

this is all i can play it at and only on 1.4

Image > 100kb removed

I get that graphics issue too. On 1.04 and below the graphics are perfect, and works just fine... No matter what setting I choose.

But as soon as I install patch 1.05 the graphics starts to fuck... and looks like the picture in post 1.

I Had the same issues with the game, 1.04 worked, 1.05 patch would not work correctly on vista, and had loads of texture errors.

In the end re-installed XP and dual boot the machine so I can play ArmA, works fine.

Vista seems to be the common theme, could be driver/or code related.

Vista seems to be the common theme, could be driver/or code related.

Uh its not only in Vista...

Just a word of advice, AMA31 -- you may want to, uh... refactor that image to less than 10% its current size. That beast is 1061kb in size -- maximum limit is 100kb. As you can see you're off by about one brazillion kb.

The mods will not be happy. Even though they've ignored it for two days so far.

I have noticed a heap more LOD problems since 1.05, like evrything being at super low 'distance LOD' up close, never used to happen to me now it is!

Nvidia 8800 drivers are younger than ArmA.

So I m not sure who is it to blame, especially when it works flawlessly on 79xx high end Nvidia cards.

What if BIS did some optimisation that benefited to the majority (at least me with my 7900gto and x1800xt) but it didn't work on 8800 because of the broken Nvidia support?

Quote[/b] ]So I m not sure who is it to blame, especially when it works flawlessly on 79xx high end Nvidia cards.

Rest assured it does not. In 1.04 I could run it very high on a BFG 7950 (essentially a single-card SLI solution for those unfamiliar) at 40fps minimum. With 1.05, I had to turn the settings down to high and my frames per second has now dropped to 20-25fps.

To put this into perspective, FEAR runs maxed out at about 120-180fps on my system. Oblivion runs maxed out at about 50-60. I've got 2gigs low latency OCZ gold and a 2.20 dual core -- essentially giving ArmA a full 2.20 ghz cpu to run on (even though in this day and age games should be optimized for hyperthreading and it's inexcusable when they're not) (I've tried forcing ArmA's affinity and it makes no difference).

I'm now experiencing massive texture load-in as well, which was never an issue in 1.04.

i have a E6600, a BFG 8800 GTX, 2Gb DDr2 800, 2x320 sata 2 (factory speeds) and i got no problems whatsoever with v1.5, in SP i run the game with everything at high except the HDR thingy which i dislike, at 1650X1080 usually with 2000m VD as inf or more if flying, i average between 40 and 60 fps (V-sinc limit) or more, the lowest i get is above 30 when in forests, heavy firefights, explosions and such, it all depends on the mission, and i certainly have no problems with weird cubic lods. you guys must have some hardware misconfiguration or something, are you running latest drivers?? try the new nvidia 100.87 from www.guru3D.com (read readme as exe is broken, manual instalation required, very simple anyway)

my profile:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">version=2;

blood=2;

viewDistance=2000;

terrainGrid=6.250000;

volumeCD=7;

volumeFX=7;

volumeSpeech=7;

singleVoice=0;

playerVoice=0;

gamma=1.000000;

brightness=1.000000;

fovTop=0.750000;

fovLeft=1.200000;

uiTopLeftX=0.083333;

uiTopLeftY=0.000000;

uiBottomRightX=0.916667;

uiBottomRightY=1.000000;

anisoFilter=2;

TexQuality=2;

postFX=0;

useWBuffer=0;

sceneComplexity=500000.000000;

shadingQuality=10;

shadowQuality=3;

soundEnableEAX=1;

soundEnableHW=1;

Quote[/b] ]i have a E6600, a BFG 8800 GTX, 2Gb DDr2 800, 2x320 sata 2 (factory speeds) and i got no problems whatsoever with v1.5, in SP i run the game with everything at high except the HDR thingy which i dislike, at 1650X1080 usually with 2000m VD as inf or more if flying, i average between 40 and 60 fps (V-sinc limit) or more, the lowest i get is above 30 when in forests, heavy firefights, explosions and such, it all depends on the mission, and i certainly have no problems with weird cubic lods. you guys must have some hardware misconfiguration or something, are you running latest drivers?? try the new nvidia 100.87 from www.guru3D.com (read readme as exe is broken, manual instalation required, very simple anyway)

There is no misconfiguration my System is up to date and well tested ArmA was running great with 1.02 every other programm is doing its work as it should on my System. But since 1.05 there are problems with ArmA.

@Bonko the Sane

which ArmA are you running CZ with Starforce or German-EU version with Securom maybe it is related to the copyprotection?

Also can you really max everything out and set viewdistance at 10000m without problems? With 1.02 this was working without any problem on my Sys with 1.05 i can´t touch the settings without crashing ArmA on high settings.

Greets