Sign in to follow this  
AMA31

1.4 VS 1.5 with E6600 + 8800GTX

Stalker?  Prepare for disappointment on a scale Arma could never hope to achieve.  It's a tight little game, but nothing like the concept we all fell in love with so many years ago.

bummer dont tell me that im just about to install it

icon_rolleyes.gif

by the way i heard it dont run on vista with 8800gtx anyhow

mahahamahahamhaha rofl.gif

1.4 VS 1.5 with E6600 + 8800GTX?

This looks more like a XP vs Vista problem to me.

Why install Vista in the first place? Honest question.. I cant se one reason for that, maybe in the future but not now...

dunno thought id fan boy with the rest ov em rofl.gif

Just got the game works running it on Vista home premium with AMD 64 x2 with 8800 gts. Runs fine....... for 5 minutes then horrible and missing textures game freezes textures come back to normal for 2 minutes then crash to desktop. Here is the strange thing no error messages.

Stalker?  Prepare for disappointment on a scale Arma could never hope to achieve.  It's a tight little game, but nothing like the concept we all fell in love with so many years ago.

bummer dont tell me that im just about to install it  

icon_rolleyes.gif

by the way i heard it dont run on vista with 8800gtx anyhow

mahahamahahamhaha  rofl.gif

6600 8800GTX Vista here and it runs with no ctd. I am sure it would run way better with xp though.

Drop the settings down for now and you'll get no ctd with the bonus of really good framerate. Yeah, it sucks not being able to get the most out of our 8800's on Vista but it's quite playable at least.

Also, when you notice things start to chug along do the memory flush (shift+ keypad [-] then type "flush" right away).

Mainly keep the textures and most stuff at normal should be fine. Best to start at bare minimum and start adding things until it gets funky or ctd's then back it off.

I expect that BI is aware of the problem so hopefully a fix won't stay on the backburner too long.