Sign in to follow this  
Drew77

Cras that burn forever

Why dont you use the

CSL_Prtcl_Param_Util_V2

demo mission to create the fire and smoke you want, then copy the values into the script provided in the rar file.

I used this to create a light smoke trail from a downed BH that i didnt want to look knackered and on fire.

this script can make loads of stuff, and you can edit the values on screen and see the results then copy the values for your static script.

Have a look on http://www.armedassault.info/ the link to it should still be there.

Cheers

GC

@Cloughy

Way for digging up old threads biggrin_o.gif Yep, but at the time the question was posed and answered, ColonelSandersLite hadn't released his (admittedly awesome) utility yet. For anyone interested in forever-burning vehicles, I warmly suggest his utility! There's also a BIKI page with various templates you can use.

Although, it might end up -more- complicated than my (admittedly simplistic) script. smile_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

I posted another simple script that accomplishes the same thing at OFPEC:

http://www.ofpec.com/index.p....29103.0

This one works for any burnable object that you want to burn a long time (i.e., tanks, cars, barrels, ammoboxes, fuel tanks, etc.);

Yes, but are any of these written so they only burn after the unit/object's been killed/destroyed?

Quote[/b] ]Yes, but are any of these written so they only burn after the unit/object's been killed/destroyed?

Yes sir. That is exactly how my script works.

It waits until the object's damage = 1. Then it runs a loop to replace the object with an identical burning object every 10 seconds. Before replacing the object, it first set's the new replacement object's damage to 1 at position [0,0,0] so the player never sees the new object explode. This keeps the fire burning without seeing a new explosion every 10 seconds. Its seemless.

You can try the sample mission (see link two posts above).

very nice script indeed and I will also add to Drew77's quote;

Quote[/b] ] It is people like you that try so hard to make the game better for every1. Thanks for you hard work Wolfrug

thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

sry i i ask in the wrong section but i copy and paste what wolf said in wordpad and place it in the mission folder then i set it in the inti line and i give me that the script is not found is there some website where the staters go 2 learen how 2 use script thx